The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I don't think you're correct here. The point of the cram down is that it removes the distinction between creditors. Consequently, HMRC have to accept what the court agree to. 

Don’t know what the class analysis is in a CVA. Is HMRC in the same creditor class as other unsecureds? Are Football creditors?  

Perhaps the answer is that all unsecured creditors agree to 25% and the buyer then pays a further 75% direct to football creditors. 

Based on what Q told us it seems unlikely HMRC will rock the boat 

I don’t think the mechanics of the exit will be the issue. The issue is, will the buyer pay enough ?  I’d guess the answer is yes and I dont believe Nicko has any insight right now 

On 25/02/2022 at 00:38, Crewton said:

That's a bit unfair. She's been doing her absolute best to quiz the EFL, Quantuma and others and raise the profile of our case in Parliament. I'm not a natural ally of hers, or Pauline Latham, Heather Wheeler or Andrew Bridgen, but I'm happy to acknowledge they're doing their best to help. 

I've never really understood the  "and the news is.... there is no news" type of statement. 

In what way is that helpful?  Or did I miss something? 

On 24/02/2022 at 23:35, IslandExile said:

Or 

"I met the Administrators today, as many of you will know and will be expecting to hear something from me, but I cannot say anything that will steal their thunder as they will update everyone in the very near future with the name of their preferred bidder".

ah yes, the "very near future" soundbite 

I was at my parents today....while I was there my dad phoned my uncle that still lives in Derby, when the call was finished my dad said to me that he had just been told Ashley is gonna be the new owner, that he had sold Newcastle for 500m and was gonna pump 300m into Derby....wow, I just didn't have the patience or time to poo on there dreams

10 hours ago, one_chop said:

Good man, stay single. Don't let yourself into a life of misery, before you know it you'll be hen pecked non stop, everything will be your fault, the way you fold towels will be wrong, you'll peg washing out the wrong way. 

The list is endless.

You peg washing out the wrong way?! ?

I suggest you read a very good book on the subject and then it will all make sense. It's an old book but very good.

It's called 'The Wind in the Pillows'?

Edited by Miggins

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not even an update in the Daily Updates thread for 4 days. And consecutive defeats. And war in Europe with nukes being talked about. I have to say things aren't looking their best... 

and to top it all I’m recovering from a hernia op on Saturday so bugger all to do but check iPad for updates and swallow pain killers, mind you b4 it s times like this a good wife or partner are a blessing ??‍♂️

So today is essentially D Day, we have to prove we have the funds to see out the season I think a lot of us have been so wrapped up in the talk of the preferred bidder that the main issue is sadly still here if we can’t agree a new owner , we have to prove we have the funds to see out the season!

today could be a day of hope = PB finally announced 

or a day of great deflation we might not have a club- proper nervous today 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

So today is essentially D Day, we have to prove we have the funds to see out the season I think a lot of us have been so wrapped up in the talk of the preferred bidder that the main issue is sadly still here if we can’t agree a new owner , we have to prove we have the funds to see out the season!

today could be a day of hope = PB finally announced 

or a day of great deflation we might not have a club- proper nervous today 

Might it not be until tomorrow or later a Pb is named , after meeting with Efl?