The Administration Thread

Boycie

Finally received a reply from Ruth Edwards MP nearly a month after writing to her. 

Reply was so full of waffle won't even bore you with the details.

She's probably not heard of association football to be fair to her, if it were equestrian sports or jolly hockey sticks or fox hunting then probably would have got a far more helpful reply. Ho hum. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

43 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

However, Richard Gould, the club's chief executive, described to Telegraph Sport how the Covid-inflicted collapse in transfer values in the second tier has cost the club £30 million alone.

He seems oblivious to the fact that they haven't got players anyone would have been willing to pay £30m for even before the pandemic. 

Maybe we can discuss how much money not being able to extend youth players contracts alone has cost Derby this season.....? 

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If your entire model was based on selling in a seller's market, that doesn't deserve special ffp changes, does it now.

I'm pretty sure a professor said that player amortisation values are only based on their worth playing for the club not on their resale value in the LAP finding us guilty. They should only be able to claim a Covid related writedown if they catch Covid and can't play. I'll be quoting this at Rick when he agree to everyones transfer losses as Covid related, and suggest if he allows it it will undermine the LAP findings against us.

On 13/02/2022 at 18:14, Tyler Durden said:

The people interested in the club arent philanthropists they are doing it because they think they can lever some benefit for themselves hence the price has to be right. 

If they think are going to have to pay more for the club than they think it's worth then they'll simply walk away and look to progress something else, they haven't made their money by getting involved in random bidding wars.

They'll all know what an acceptable price is for the acquisition, if it goes beyond that then they'll just move on. 

True, people are getting ahead of themselves now that the situation between the Two egotists has been resolved, there is still a massive amount of debt and if they don't want to cover that then they walk away, the deal for the club won't be any cheaper.

37 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Genuinely interested whether you have this on copy/paste given that you’ve posted the same comment so often. Don’t want you getting a repetitive strain injury that might cause you to sue the efl.

I had a deja but moment as well, but thing is … Olly is right.

How can you maintain the supposed moral superiority that they parade at every opportunity and yet have folk like that on the board ? How on earth did he get elected with his track record ? 

On 13/02/2022 at 15:12, DerbysLane said:

Chris Kirchner interested in Preston now (according to the Sun). https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/preston-north-end-chris-kirchner-takeover/

If Rooneys agent is still part of the Kirchner bids  and he does buy,whether it's Preston or another Championship club i certainly think he will want Rooney as his manager, would suit them both, Rooney is high profile in the US and is seeing what he is doing on a shoestring with us. Rooney because Kirchner will bank role him and raise his profile as a manager. If/when we come out of administration we are still restricted as to what we can do until the business plan comes to an end.

45 minutes ago, jono said:

I had a deja but moment as well, but thing is … Olly is right.

How can you maintain the supposed moral superiority that they parade at every opportunity and yet have folk like that on the board ? How on earth did he get elected with his track record ? 

He fits in with the rest. The Boro guy is a part of the  extortionist racket.  and so on. But don't get me started on the EFL again. .   

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If Rooneys agent is still part of the Kirchner bids  and he does buy,whether it's Preston or another Championship club i certainly think he will want Rooney as his manager, would suit them both, Rooney is high profile in the US and is seeing what he is doing on a shoestring with us. Rooney because Kirchner will bank role him and raise his profile as a manager. If/when we come out of administration we are still restricted as to what we can do until the business plan comes to an end.

I’m sorry but I think Wayne has more attachment to DCFC than he does to Chris Kirchner.

1 minute ago, twelveincher said:

I’m sorry but I think Wayne has more attachment to DCFC than he does to Chris Kirchner.

He is here to do a job and as he has said will see it through, that doesn't mean he has more attachment. He is doing a great job but who is to say the eventual new owner will want him to stay on.

So, had another response from the EFL, asked when they would be charging Middlesbrough with bringing the game into disrepute with regard to their unfounded allegations of another member club 'systematically cheating'. 

The EFL response:-

Generally speaking, if any Club wishes to bring a matter to the attention of the EFL in relation to any of our regulations then they can do so.

So it appears that you can do whatever you want as long as another club does not report you?

I have responded asking why they need someone else to point it out to them, when the statement was released into the public domain.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So, had another response from the EFL, asked when they would be charging Middlesbrough with bringing the game into disrepute with regard to their unfounded allegations of another member club 'systematically cheating'. 

Generally speaking, if any Club wishes to bring a matter to the attention of the EFL in relation to any of our regulations then they can do so.

So it appears that you can do whatever you want as long as another club does not report you?

I have responded asking why they need someone else to point it out to them, when the statement was released into the public domain.

If i was the EFL i would tell you to go through the correct channels and raise the matter with the clubs administrators,they don't have to respond to you in any way,shape or form.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where does it say it has to be another Club that brings a breach to the attention of the EFL? Why can't you or I do it, or anyone, or maybe even the EFL using its own initiative? 

56 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I wouldn't worry about the bank rolling.  The administrators asked for an extra million and he spat his dummy, pulled his bid and lived on twitter.  Alonso two

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Where does it say it has to be another Club that brings a breach to the attention of the EFL? Why can't you or I do it, or anyone, or maybe even the EFL using its own initiative? 

Well, there's probably quite a few more realistic scenrios to go through before that possibility enters the debate.

"At an EFL board meeting the league has come to the decision to suspend all fixtures following the nuclear war. A spokesman said "this was a difficult decision to come to, but having been given submissions by our new coackroach overlords and with the widespread destuction of almost every major population centre in the UK it seems unrealistic to expect clubs to fulfill fixtures at this time. At the behest of Steve Gibson, points deductions from the before times will still apply to Derby County. The league will work together with all parties to find a long term future for the 72 clubs, but will not be pressured into issuing any iodine tablets outside of the executive level leadership team."