The Administration Thread

Boycie

Nothing against Newcastle Utd or its fans personally,  but I just don't get why they hated Ashley so much, they got relegated but he ensured they went straight back up comfortably, flogged them to a multi billion pound organisation all be it flogging is part of there custom

If Newcastle do get relegated this season, I predict now, they will break ffp by more than any club has ever done before, they will go straight up, and they won't ever be seen in the Championship ever again, so never ever facing any charges, or punishment......if they do, it will be a paltry fine, the same as QPR got

Ashley in, we need some clout, and some ruthlessness, I honestly think this bloke will get us sorted financially, even if his end game is financially making himself richer

Edited by BriggRam

I suppose we should really have known that was most likely not Morris causing the delays, but rather Gibson and the EFL. It's simply yet another stalling tactic that will result in an avalanche of subsequent claims against the EFL should they be feeble enough to cave in.

CREDITOR:
A term used in accounting, 'creditor' refers to the party that has delivered a product, service or loan, and is owed money by one or more debtors.

Neither Boro nor Wycombe fall into any of the above categories so they can't legally be added to the creditor's list. The admins will have to protect the interests of those with genuine claims and will fight any such attempt. I strongly suspect that this is what they referenced in their press release to BAWT.

The Pint-sized pemaprick and that other irrelevant gobshite therefore need to be reined in and told that if they genuinely wish to pursue their vexatious claims against the club, that they need to do so through appropriate channels. That is to say, they need to stop whining, and duck off to the civil courts if they really believe they have a worthwhile case. 

14 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

That is to say, they need to stop whining, and duck off to the civil courts if they really believe they have a worthwhile case.

Which they won’t do because they know they’d get laughed out of court. I can’t believe its still going on, the EFL need to find that spine they’ve been missing. 

3 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Nixon scrambling around for a story after missing totally the Ashley news. 

This article tells nobody anything new really just that Nixon is trying to regain some credibility. 

I am not so sure. It tells us the level of obsessive vindictiveness is that they want to destroy our club and what that means to so many people by scuppering any deals to buy us. EFL should have dealt with this, especially Gibson and Mel's personal bust-up long ago. He has been trying to bring the whole club down due to personal hatred of individuals from the start. He is also much to blame for the Wycombe claim dragging things out with the EFL. Based on Boro's results against Leeds and Villa I dont see how he has any claim at all for premier league lost income. I am concerned that this will really spill over when we play them

22 hours ago, Maharan said:

I agree with you, but if the club is losing money, and the new owners are unwilling to accept that, where else do you make savings? 
you could also argue that a Cat 1 academy isn’t strictly necessary. Look at Forest, and the academy players they’ve produced in recent years without Cat 1 accreditation. 

im not calling for the academy to be scrapped, I hope it isn’t. I just wonder where savings can be made to make the club more sustainable 

You mean the Forest who are currently Cat 1?

We certainly wouldn't have recruited Plange if we weren't Cat 1. How many of our own would have chosen Forest, Leicester, Villa, etc of we were only Cat 2 instead... Cat 1 is a must in our position. The question would be how much funding to put in whilst still retaining that status.

33 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I am not so sure. It tells us the level of obsessive vindictiveness is that they want to destroy our club and what that means to so many people by scuppering any deals to buy us. EFL should have dealt with this, especially Gibson and Mel's personal bust-up long ago. He has been trying to bring the whole club down due to personal hatred of individuals from the start. He is also much to blame for the Wycombe claim dragging things out with the EFL. Based on Boro's results against Leeds and Villa I dont see how he has any claim at all for premier league lost income. I am concerned that this will really spill over when we play them

I agree with all of that except the last bit. I sincerely hope it WILL spill over when we play them. So long as we direct our ire at the right person, and not the Middlesbrough fans, who I feel must be almost as long-suffering as we are! 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You mean the Forest who are currently Cat 1?

We certainly wouldn't have recruited Plange if we weren't Cat 1. How many of our own would have chosen Forest, Leicester, Villa, etc of we were only Cat 2 instead... Cat 1 is a must in our position. The question would be how much funding to put in whilst still retaining that status.

Haven’t they only recently gained cat 1 status? 
i don’t disagree with what you’re saying about the academy though, I would personally keep it going, but it’s not me who’ll be signing the cheques. 

12 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

If Rooney dosent know who it is, he couldn’t possibly know if he have got a preferred bidder lined up!

Quite a funny quote from Wayne on this. He said no one at the club and none of the administrators had told him who the preferred bidder was. He carefully avoided  saying he had not spoken to the preferred bidder 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Which they won’t do because they know they’d get laughed out of court. I can’t believe its still going on, the EFL need to find that spine they’ve been missing. 

My guess is they’re happy for it to rumble on without going to court in the hope an (unjustified in my opinion) agreement is reached without going to court so the new owner can get the matter closed before paying up.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

CREDITOR:
A term used in accounting, 'creditor' refers to the party that has delivered a product, service or loan, and is owed money by one or more debtors.

Neither Boro nor Wycombe fall into any of the above categories so they can't legally be added to the creditor's list.

That’s exactly my thoughts.  They can’t be a creditor as they haven’t provided any goods or services.  Gibson obviously knows he has a weak case in the courts so is trying this route.  The EFL won’t support it as there is no case to answer and their process is defined as courts/arbitration and settle between the parties.  If they do, they know they will be opening a huge can of worms for clubs suing each other and our admin would launch a counter claim against the EFL.

That’s of course assuming it true.  Not a single quote.  Even the Daily Mail are able to have “sources”.

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

My guess is they’re happy for it to rumble on without going to court in the hope an (unjustified in my opinion) agreement is reached without going to court so the new owner can get the matter closed before paying up.

Yeah I’d agree that’s seem to be their tactic. I don’t know maybe I’m just not smart enough, but what would anybody agree on? In fact I’m shocked that this has even got this far, there is no case, nothing, absolutely nowt. I wish whoever, Mel, the admins, the new potential owner would just rip. up whatever has been served and chuck it in the bin, it laughable. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah I’d agree that’s seem to be their tactic. I don’t know maybe I’m just not smart enough, but what would anybody agree on? In fact I’m shocked that this has even got this far, there is no case, nothing, absolutely nowt. I wish whoever, Mel, the admins, the new potential owner would just rip. up whatever has been served and chuck it in the bin, it laughable. 

How far as it got?, It's has been perpetuated on social media, 2nd and 3rd rate journalists who in their opinion have the information some like to believe, A shed load of theories, From letters going 1st class to the administraters to £1m set aside for both of the Vermin.

Unless there's is some one with ground breaking ITK info who has sat in on all the admins talks then folk are just getting themselves in such a state that when finishing their lunch and the other half says what would you like for desert they say...sorry i'm not in the mood for desert i've to much on my mind.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

How far as it got?, It's has been perpetuated on social media, 2nd and 3rd rate journalists who in their opinion have the information some like to believe, A shed load of theories, From letters going 1st class to the administraters to £1m set aside for both of the Vermin.

Unless there's is some one with ground breaking ITK info who has sat in on all the admins talks then folk are just getting themselves in such a state that when finishing their lunch and the other half says what would you like for desert they say...sorry i'm not in the mood for desert i've to much on my mind.

Yeah good point, I guess I meant I shocked it’s still be talked about and not put to bed by now, so weasels like Nixon can’t stir the pot. 

The procedures for settling disputes between clubs is CLEARLY set out in the EFL rule book - it's Arbitration via a League Arbitration Panel. Of course, that would take a few months to sort out and the outcome for the Claimants would be highly uncertain. Their tactics have been clear from the outset : to obstruct the takeover process and try to force the Administrators to settle with them without them having to prove their case, because they must surely know that if £51M was added to the unsecured creditors list, they get sweet FA. The EFL are bricking it because they know that they carry a share of any liability for the delay in applying sanctions and because of the flood gates that would open if these claims aren't binned.

Far from being lauded for sticking up for their clubs, Gibson and Couhig should be getting pelters from everyone in football for their cynical opportunism and where it could lead. 

And like others have said, the only way Boro and Wycombe can legally be considered creditors by the Administrators is if a recognised Court makes a judgement in their favour, or the Administrators or a prospective owner agrees that they are. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Yeah good point, I guess I meant I shocked it’s still be talked about and not put to bed by now, so weasels like Nixon can’t stir the pot. 

If I remember correctly one of the Admins went on Talk Sport and said...but the words I can't remember something like a "frivolous claim" then that's what it is, But when those who purport to be ITK write on their Twatter feed or turds spouting crap in the national media there are those who believe all the rubbish with then goes round and round and round and round and round and round!

Until I see both of the vermin walking out of court waving a piece of paper and a cheque to the tune of £45m and £1- 7s-6d then i'll sooner watch an episode of Dillon trying to get his leg over Zebedee with great difficulty may I add.

Find the Boro and Wycombe story crazy. Am I right in thinking that if we go bust then neither will get a penny? so what’s the point in their actions? Unless they see us going bust as a win.

Pretty sure majority or Boro and Wycombe fans don’t agree with there actions. Wish both sets of supporters would put pressure on Gibson and the other bloke to drop it.