The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Flying Fokker said:

Forgive me for painting a slightly different picture

I really hope that The Rams find someone of course, but Due Diligence and Fit and Proper ownership are the watch words from our/ the fans perspective.  The angst and anger is still around now.  Your Administrators need to start earning their money. 

We had one called Appleton and he hung around for years after coming out of Administration.   Acquire the ground, keep focusing on balancing the books but don't do what the Sky Blues owners did.  It was all an 11th hour thing for the club and anything was better than nothing of course...5 seasons in the Championship, then a drop to league 1 for a few years and then to 2 before the progress back to where they started. 15 years earlier... SISU Capital is the name.  Did nothing but save us from liquidation.  Turned out some terrible teams with equally poor managers when things were really bad.  Going to Northampton and Birmingham filled those club's coffers but did naff all for the club in it's home town.

Appreciate the word of warning (I have a mate who's a big Cov fan), but I've highlighted the only thing that matters.

As you well know - you guys were saved at the very last minute. I think you even had an extension from the EFL as a deal fell through 30 minutes before the deadline? You were 10 mins away from liquidation before the EFL came in and granted a special dispensation. You were very lucky, and it should be remembered how you were saved from a worse fate.

I couldn't care less how good our next owners might be. If they prevent liquidation, they've already done their job.

15 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Not sure if anyone else is feeling the same, but for the first time since the final whistle last Saturday, I can actually feel a bit of emotion beyond just constant fear.

Huge step forward. 

I took a huge breath and exhaled. Felt like I’d been holding my breath for the past week without even realising it.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm tempted to go and get pick up a bottle of whisky myself, but I'm worried that I'm jumping the gun. There's also the fact that I'm leaving for the game at 07:30 tomorrow!

Have we got a whisky thread?

Anyway, for general purpose all round fine bottle you can't go to far wrong with Jonnie walker black label.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

Or leave the stadium as is, leaving MSD with the stadium and the £1m annual return yielding 5% on cost

Oh dear...I really hope the Club buy the stadium.  Paying a landlord is a millstone around your neck.  Alternatively you could play your games in another city like your fellow Championship members Coventry City did on 2 occasions (Northampton 1 season and Birmingham for 2 seasons), over a 5 year period.  The crowds at Northampton were 1/8 of the attendances in the city for several months.  Then BCFC,  50% of previous season attendance for some games but far lower most of the time. 

Back to what is best for Derby: Own your ground. Own your training ground. Respect you, the fans.

3 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

Do you think Mel would accept it if the Binnie Family only rent the stadium for the foreseeable? He might want it purchased of him now!

Apparently, he's said that he's happy not to have any rent off the administrators and will be happy to rent the ground to new owners. Maybe this statement has led to the Binnie Family committing to the above offer.