The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

This from Carl Jackson to a fan who contacted him directly this morning.

I think the administrators need space to sort this out. Demands from the fans for them to come out and talk all the while are surely not helping. Think they are meeting the fans groups tomorrow. 

Agree with you here Angie 

Happy for people to tag Quantuma on Twitter to get the point across but please avoid clogging up their inboxes.  Whether we are happy or not with their communication, we are really relying on them being able to efficiently do their jobs at the moment.

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nixon backing up what many of us think, shining a big ol’ spotlight on the EFL, Boro and Wycombe forced their reactionary public statements, well done all ? Got to keep going now to further back up how questionable their stances are. 
I still feel we’ll end up having to compromise in some way with a settlement if we want the club to exist in its current form, either that or the Admins/Potential new owner has to have the minerals to take it on through the courts…I just don’t see that happening due to time and potential risk if they were to win the cases. 

Absolutely. The Wycombe owner came on Radio Derby to directly try to convince Derby fans to take the spotlight off of him. This is absolutely why we need to keep it up 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely. The Wycombe owner came on Radio Derby to directly try to convince Derby fans to take the spotlight off of him. This is absolutely why we need to keep it up 

Can we email this guy directly? Putting the points to him he didn't answer? A few hundred should do it.

36 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nixon backing up what many of us think, shining a big ol’ spotlight on the EFL, Boro and Wycombe forced their reactionary public statements, well done all ? Got to keep going now to further back up how questionable their stances are. 
I still feel we’ll end up having to compromise in some way with a settlement if we want the club to exist in its current form, either that or the Admins/Potential new owner has to have the minerals to take it on through the courts…I just don’t see that happening due to time and potential risk if they were to win the cases. 

I bet the EFL do want us to compromise. The Club pays out money that isn't owed, Boro & Wycombe stop their claims and the EFL breathes a sigh of relief as they are seen as the heroes for solving the problem they caused! 

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the administrators need space to sort this out. Demands from the fans for them to come out and talk all the while are surely not helping. Think they are meeting the fans groups tomorrow. 

Totally agree and it's weird because all this noise from MPs, Boro, Wycombe, the EFL etc has all come from Quantuma's statement on Friday night! I'd rather they got on with the job and not have to waste time writing daily statements to appease some fans.

1 hour ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yeah I have to agree on some of this as it feels like the EFL have put themselves in a position where they dont have to move. They have put it all on the admins to announce a bidder, or enough finance to survive and sort the claim. 

They get to sit there saying it's a private legal matter between clubs but we want it sorting before you do anything.

Feels like more pressure is needed to make them back down, time is on the EFLs side and not ours.

The EFL can back down and quickly they can also threaten to charge both parasite clubs with acting against the spirit of the league in fact they can impose anything they like based on our experiences 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I bet the EFL do want us to compromise. The Club pays out money that isn't owed, Boro & Wycombe stop their claims and the EFL breathes a sigh of relief as they are seen as the heroes for solving the problem they caused! 

Isn't a compromise/pay-off what Boro/Wycombe wanted all along? They both knew full well that their claims wouldn't stand up to scrutiny, but tyhey knew that us being in Admin would paint us in to a corner and be forced to pay them off to drop the claims

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

For the sake of all football in all leagues it simply can’t happen - there can be no payment at all 

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Can we email this guy directly? Putting the points to him he didn't answer? A few hundred should do it.

You need to explaining to the Wycombe fans the actual facts and what Wycombe are doing and it’s ultimate impact - some will not care or see the reality but most absolutely will.

Just now, Sparkle said:

You need to explaining to the Wycombe fans the actual facts and what Wycombe are doing and it’s ultimate impact - some will not care or see the reality but most absolutely will.

On a hunch, I'd say Couhig is more likely to be swayed by Wycombe fan opinion than Gibson. We should just be making the point to them that we broke no rules whatsoever when we submitted our accounts on the date we did. Their problem should be with the EFL for allowing us to do this.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

For the sake of all football in all leagues it simply can’t happen - there can be no payment at all 

If we get forced in to entertaining this nonsense I want it to fall apart at the seems. I want the EFL to get absolutely swamped with petty claims and legal threats. Bring the chaos. Let it all burn.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Here is a different angle - have 9 other football clubs in the EFL realised they will MISS a home game if Derby don't carry on after Jan 31st. That is 9 teams missing out on 100-200k income per game. Do they all take their claim to the EFL for this missed income? 15 teams will have benefitted from an additional game which may be struck of the records but they won't be giving ticket holders money back.

Also - not to mention - will every one of those 9 clubs need to look at their season ticket holders and refund a game?

I dare say the 9 clubs have a valid claim against the EFL for loss of income. 

Then on top of this - there will be seven teams who beat us, who would want the points from that game to count - so surely those seven teams would want DCFC to survive as well.

Then the minefield continues - is it 2 down, 3 up? Do the EFL really want to be sorting all of this out two-thirds of the way through a season.

There will be some unhappy people everywhere - and given that any team seems to be able to make absolutely ridiculous claims, then that is a minefield for the EFL!

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The EFL finds itself (their own fault) between a rock and a hard place. Side with Boro/Wycombe and face the consequences of wider public/political condemnation. Side with us and Boro/Wycombe sue them instead of us. Of course they want a compromise, it’s the only way they get out of this relatively unscathed.