The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 hours ago, Ramzabac said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-financial-fair-play-7418273

So where was Mr Coates when we were taking on the EFL alone and suffering? others on this forum will understand the detail far better than me, but this smacks of hypocrisy now they are not getting parachute payments. Now DCFC has been punished they want to change the rules. 

I think Coates has been pretty consistent in opposing the FFP rules. And he’s exactly right.. why is it unfair for an EFL club to be subsidised by a local benefactor but not unfair for a club to be so heavily subsidised by Premier League teams? 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I think Coates has been pretty consistent in opposing the FFP rules. And he’s exactly right.. why is it unfair for an EFL club to be subsidised by a local benefactor but not unfair for a club to be so heavily subsidised by Premier League teams? 

He's been consistently against P&S, but this is the first time he's commented on parachute payments. I wonder why...

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Close the thread...

So, so good! Massive credit to the media team for putting it together. Perfectly captures the rollercoaster of last season and the steady optimism I (and I hope others) now have for the future.

Particular highlights being Thommo sending Davies for a bird’s cob in training and the fella away (at Reading?) who comes close to falling to his death and despite having faced his own mortality milliseconds earlier gathered himself to carry on cheering the lads. Also a nice touch with Lawrence and Rooney walking away in the snow. ???

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Last we heard Couhig pretended to a Wycombe fans forum that they'd "get something out of it" once the takeover completed, without getting specific whatsoever.

The man was all hot air.

Since the takeover completed, utter silence.

I think once the take over was completed all he got was a naughty shaking hand gesture and a “arggggggghhh!”