The Administration Thread

Boycie

That’s the downside of giving deadlines. I really don’t get the thought process of the admins, time after time they state with confidence that things will be done by x date. All it does it get people excited, then nervous throughout the stated day, then distraught when it doesn’t happen.

Now, as an extra consequence of their repeated false promises, they haven’t stated a deadline, people are concerned because it’s out of touch from their usual conduct.

Honestly, the sooner they’re gone from this Club and I don’t have to give them another thought again, the better.

So a bunch of journalists turn up, camp themselves outside all day even though nobody has actually told them that there would be an announcement.

They're uninvited, essentially, but turn up hoping to get a story. 

Discussions continue to take place, but nobody leaks anything to the waiting reporters. How dare they not do this! 

The reporters, upset at a day wasted and with their noses out of joint head home, grumbling to people around them about not being communicated with. 

This then, instead of being reported in a way which makes the journalists look foolish for turning up without just cause, and mardy about not getting a scoop just becomes another was to find fault with the people inside the discussions. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Exactly how is it now Plural - muppets

Their statement yesterday 

Today’s statement;

Q never said “one signature”, their story hasn’t changed, they shouldn’t have set today as an expectation but as we’ve suffered time and again with this process Quantuma do not understand how to set realistic expectations. 

Q, the EFL and Clowes are all singing from the same hymn sheet, my plan is to take some small reassurance from that and hold on a bit longer. The club is closer to being saved than it has been in months and months, Clowes owns the stadium already and is a genuinely successful businessman with local ties and the finances.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The statement those incompetent divs put out yesterday indicated that the delays were out of control for them and Clowes development.

But now this new statement seems to suggest that Quantuma and Clowes still have documents to sign?

I don't understand any of this.

Of course Quantuma and Clowes still have documents to sign. They will be the absolute last ones signed, once everything else is in place.

Edited by duncanjwitham

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That’s the downside of giving deadlines. I really don’t get the thought process of the admins, time after time they state with confidence that things will be done by x date. All it does it get people excited, then nervous throughout the stated day, then distraught when it doesn’t happen.

Now, as an extra consequence of their repeated false promises, they haven’t stated a deadline, people are concerned because it’s out of touch from their usual conduct.

Honestly, the sooner they’re gone from this Club and I don’t have to give them another thought again, the better.

Deadlines ??

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

So a bunch of journalists turn up, camp themselves outside all day even though nobody has actually told them that there would be an announcement.

Discussions continue to take place, but nobody leaks anything to the waiting reporters. How dare they not do this! 

The reporters, upset at a day wasted and with their noses out of joint head home, grumbling to people around them about not being communicated with. 

This then, instead of being reported in a way which makes the journalists look foolish for turning up without just cause, and mardy about not getting a scoop just becomes another was to find fault with the people inside the discussions. 

But if Quantuma hadn't said it would likely be sorted today then said journalists wouldn't be there getting frustrated in the first place.

Likewise us fans.

You've got to admit that their comms have led to some of the frustration, at very least.

Last night's statement made it sound like they'd spotted a little something that needed tweaking, today's sounds like it's more.

Are they professionals, isn't this what they do for a living? 

Not expecting them to get any more sports insolvency gigs in the near future! 

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

In fairness, I'm fairly sure they'd have been tipped the wink that today was the day before turning up mob handed. 

Personally, when it's done, I don't want to see a press conference with the new owner, or the new manager for that matter. 

Keep it in house, maybe a statement from the new owner, and Owen chatting away to Liam about the season ahead, what we've done and what we wish to do. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Telling everyone it would be today.

image.png.76af508d4245416c9ecebb1b893d3fa0.png

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Of course Quantuma and Clowes still have documents to sign. They will absolute last ones signed, once everything else is in place.

Exactly.

People's inability to comprehend even the most basic of information as soon as they smell blood and an excuse to moan is stunningly consistent. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Their statement yesterday 

Today’s statement;

Q never said “one signature”, their story hasn’t changed, they shouldn’t have set today as an expectation but as we’ve suffered time and again with this process Quantuma do not understand how to set realistic expectations. 

Q, the EFL and Clowes are all singing from the same hymn sheet, my plan is to take some small reassurance from that and hold on a bit longer. The club is closer to being saved than it has been in months and months, Clowes owns the stadium already and is a genuinely successful businessman with local ties and the finances.

I know its cynical, but i heard an interview months ago with one of the administrators saying theyve learned theyre lessons about giving deadlines, yet they still are! Im honestly starting to think there doing it delibrately now to duck with us, maybe due to the abuse theyve been getting or this or that! Why say youve learned but then keep doing it? Unless like another poster says its not Qs fault, but even so, dont make deadlines then! Or even name a day that could be took as a deadline! People say theyd get constantly asked if they didnt, but by who? They never talk anyway!

Edited by De22Ram