The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I wonder if this decision was made a while ago and Rosenior knew it hence hanging around. Perhaps Rooney has been waiting until now as the club seems to be passing into safe hands and not relying on his celebrity to a hard-nosed bidder.

Just trying to find some positives.. ?

It's a new season and we've still got a Club to support. ?

35 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

And yet another twist in the saga. Rooney's asked to leave with immediate effect ?

I am willing to bet Wayne wanted out but not before the club was safe. At the same time the Admins kept him to save money and attract bidders. I bet his is a very interesting tale. I’d be surprised now if we kept any of last seasons warriors, Curtis apart and even that’s not a dead cert. Oh well. DCFC is a greater thing than any player, legend, manager. 

good luck Wayne. Thank you for being a decent bloke. ? 

37 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Rooney goes....

We Rams fans should know by now, that good news is always followed by a hefty kick in the balls.

I said this a few weeks ago.  He is so expensive, and our objective is to survive.  I 

Rooney was a wonderful servant to this club; he should get something named after him, but he is not this club.  Greats come and greats go.  he would have left next year anyway.

I was astonished we kept him last season. Difficult decisions ahead.  This was the first.  We cannot sustain the level of wage bill - and he is such a big part of that bill.

Unfortunately, because it seems that DCFC will probably remain in administration at the start of the season, I think that Q are also reaping the harvest of their appalling communication strategy with everyone - especially the manager.

Once the Kirchner circus left town, Wayne was left disconnected as ever with the club's 'hierarchy' (old and new) - and wants a clean break.

2 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Unfortunately, because it seems that DCFC will probably remain in administration at the start of the season, I think that Q are also reaping the harvest of their appalling communication strategy with everyone - especially the manager.

Once the Kirchner circus left town, Wayne was left disconnected as ever with the club's 'hierarchy' (old and new) - and wants a clean break.

Rooney was one of the biggest champions of Kirchner. He got that wrong. 

20 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I wonder if this decision was made a while ago and Rosenior knew it hence hanging around. Perhaps Rooney has been waiting until now as the club seems to be passing into safe hands and not relying on his celebrity to a hard-nosed bidder.

Just trying to find some positives.. ?

I hope they give it to him.  Everyone needs to start somewhere, and he would be a known face in world of revolution.

We are totally in a new era now. It is going to be much less flash.  But twenty four hours ago we thought we might be in league 14.  I think I can live with L1 and Rosenior. 

9 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I hope they give it to him.  Everyone needs to start somewhere, and he would be a known face in world of revolution.

We are totally in a new era now. It is going to be much less flash.  But twenty four hours ago we thought we might be in league 14.  I think I can live with L1 and Rosenior. 

We are also removing the baggage  - millstone - of the 32Red deal for Rooney, which Colin Gibson on Radio Derby labelled as one of the former owner's 'stunts'.

That makes sense and perhaps Clowes also wanted rid of that 'legacy', much less, renew it. We may be seeing some clarity and logic in the way that Clowes wants to rebuild the club on a realistic footing.

We need DC's deal to get over the line, and pronto.

Edited by Woodypecker