The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, CheshRam said:

Great news. He’s a local business person and supporter who has got a business brain (unlike MM who basically got lucky). He’ll know the Gadsby and Kirkland clans through property interests and should provide us with a much more sure-footed if unspectacular future. I’d settle for a while without any media attention.

Yes I agree. I always felt MM got lucky and didn’t know how to turn a fiver! A proper business brain will have his feet on the floor imo.

6 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

We don't know who has been in conversations throughout - only who has gone public.

You offer enough in the right way, there is absolutely nothing to stop such a bidder.

Well Mr Clowes isn’t new to the negotiations at all so the initial report was utter crap as usual 

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Managing Director of Clowes. Let's hope he's the real deal.

https://clowes.co.uk/meet-the-team/

He seems to have a few more strings to his bow

http://www.checkcompany.co.uk/director/726350/MR-IAN-DAVID-DICKINSON

Edit- Looking more closely they all look to be Clowes related firms.

Edited by Shipley Ram
More info

4 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

This is good news.  If he’s successfully let’s hope he doesn’t let his heart rule his head and puts the right people around him.  I think there’s a difference between MM and DC.  MM has chased the fast buck and got a bit lucky in the IT world.  We saw that in how he ran the club.  DC has built his wealth through progress over time.  I hope he does the same here.

His wealth will still be a lot in L1 terms.  And it’s not all about how much you spend, it’s how you spend it and there’s no finer example than our club.  If his plan is a reset, stick to a plan with no hiring and firing cos the day ends in a Y, aim to get back in the Championship and then after 2 - 3 years sell to someone who can take it on to the next level that sounds very sensible.  It’s what Steve Morgan did at Wolves.

Well, you should be on his side as he literally used to Fly British Midland planes! ?

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Morris pulling the f'ing strings again? So sick of him and his f'ing legacy!

Totally agree …how can this utter clown and useless former owner who left us in deep deep convuluted trouble still have some say ffs!!! If rather have Morgan or MA but someone who clown Morris wants …I’d tell them no chance …Morris has to be the most loathsome character I’ve ever come across even worse than Maxwell 

26 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I don’t get this hang up on wealth. We’ve had a rich owner; let’s just wish for a good one.

in any case, Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones have a wealth less than a sixth of the Clowes family and they have run Norwich pretty well for the last 25 years. 

Absolutely spot on. 

It's worth bearing in mind that perhaps David Clowes never intended to own DCFC, but has been moved to step in after the collapse of other bids, the non-appearance of meaningful bids from other PR-hungry interested parties and the very real prospect of liquidation. Whatever, if he's seriously close to having a bid accepted that is acceptable to the preferential creditors, the EFL and that will also reunite the stadium with the club, what more could any of us want at this point? 

Edited by Crewton

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

This is good news.  If he’s successfully let’s hope he doesn’t let his heart rule his head and puts the right people around him.  I think there’s a difference between MM and DC.  MM has chased the fast buck and got a bit lucky in the IT world.  We saw that in how he ran the club.  DC has built his wealth through progress over time.  I hope he does the same here.

His wealth will still be a lot in L1 terms.  And it’s not all about how much you spend, it’s how you spend it and there’s no finer example than our club.  If his plan is a reset, stick to a plan with no hiring and firing cos the day ends in a Y, aim to get back in the Championship and then after 2 - 3 years sell to someone who can take it on to the next level that sounds very sensible.  It’s what Steve Morgan did at Wolves.

I mean, I don't like MM like any Derby fan, but wasn't David Clowes fortunate in inheriting his father's company whilst Mel built his own wealth? It really isn't a competition, but it's a weird angle to take ?.

38 minutes ago, falconram said:

Clowes family are very wealthy and you be surprised how much Derbyshire property they own, I’m surprised they are getting involved as they have rebuffed approaches before.

I don’t think these would do a MM , built up wealth over the years and not going to waste it, would like to think someone else would be involved who has been in football and run things in a careful sustainable way, not a MM way.

Appleby.... ?

3 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

We don’t need to have billionaire owners to have success because look at Brentford’s owners as an example.

Let's hope he gets the right people to run the football side, starting with a proper recruitment team. That is the key.

How can people complain? He is ready to save us, he does no talking like other parties . Just gets the job done potentially.

this will be massive for us as a club. I am sure it will be a quick learning experience for him but with the right people around him he will be a success.

I know Mel made it irrelevant but it does matter that they are derby fans 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Totally agree …how can this utter clown and useless former owner who left us in deep deep convuluted trouble still have some say ffs!!! If rather have Morgan or MA but someone who clown Morris wants …I’d tell them no chance …Morris has to be the most loathsome character I’ve ever come across even worse than Maxwell 

Are you perhaps reading too much into the wording used in media reports? 

I certainly hope so. 

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I understand you mean well - but please. Just stop. We all know better than to think like this. 

I have posted this before but it is worth a second post given Andicis comments, comments which I do understand.

As Derby supporters we have an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained us through temporary periods of joy.?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd
Spelling