The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is not to do with ‘ratifying the sale’. I think the problem is we can’t prove to the EFl that we can fund ourselves to the end of the season. And that’s because the admins have not found a clean route out of administration (in light of Gibson’s claim) 

You had made your same (ridiculous IMO) point several times now, maybe have a day off today.

It's bad enough reading other fan's ill-informed trolling on Twitter without your own fans trotting out similarly warped ideas over and over.

No idea what you imagine this plan b you are referring to would entail and I don't care. I don't want the administrators following some random path that doesn't follow reason, morality, equity, sense or the law, on the chance that the EFL aren't going to do any of that.  Rather that they call them out on it and stick to the proper path. Our job is now to draw attention to it, not muddy the water by blaming the administrators. 

Doesn't matter how long ago the administrators had considered it, what could they do other than negotiate,  plead, discuss and give credence and substance to ridiculous, spurious and downright disgraceful attempts to extort money out of the club. Instead they are saying these grasps for money need to be settled elsewhere. They settled for 21 points to get things moving, and so these clubs are sensing there is a deal to be had and I'm glad they aren't budging this time- what deal would you be happy with? £10m, £20m?? No way should they be doing anything than saying its a sick joke and that they will not enter into negotiations with other clubs with no legal or moral reason to do so.

Just s silly thought what if one of our large creditors informed the EFL if the club was liquidated because the EFL insisted that the administrators broke the law and they could not do that and they got less than a figure agreed with the administrators the creditor would sue the EFL for the difference. That would wake them up

Just now, BriggRam said:

Would Rooney be in trouble with the EFL,  if he aired his views on what the EFL and other members were doing to Derby

He doesn't strike me as a bloke who would let that worry him. He also has LOTS of friends and contacts in the media. Be very easy for him to build a platform to disseminate the important bits he needs to get out there. An interview about how he's doing in the managerial game, what signings did he expect/want if he wanted us to stay up, whether he will go down to league 1 with us...all perfectly reasonable questions that he can answer with responses that create headlines. 

He must be absolutely fuming about Jagielka. I don't blame him for taking the administrators at their word and they have now nailed their colours to the mast, he needs to use his profile to back them and the club up.  Maybe they were naive in thinking the EFL really did intend to do the right thing but they are trying to get that into the media now and so I do Wayne says it as it is.

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:
10 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Would Rooney be in trouble with the EFL,  if he aired his views on what the EFL and other members were doing to Derby

He doesn't strike me as a bloke who would let that worry him

My thoughts exactly.......Next week during his pre match interview live on sky....if he was to say

"this club has been getting punished with embargos and fines non stop for two years, we have accepted our punishment and are trying to move on, but due to unforeseen hurdles being put in front of us time and time again by the EFL, and ludicrous actions by other EFL members this club could sieze to exist " 

If he said something like that live on Sky TV surely the real football world, not the moronic twits revelling in our plight would take notice

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

They assumed Gibson would do a deal before the Jan window closes. You heard their timetable. They made the elementary mistake of assuming he would act in a commercially rational way, as the other stakeholders have. Most people on here could have told them that was a naive assumption  

Instead they needed to be working in September on a way of addressing his claim that would satisfy bidders and the EFL. I think they will eventually find a way through it (the only one I can think of requires MM to get involved) but I think it will come too late for the squad and sadly make relegation a near certainty.  

I would have thought MM getting involved would just be fanning the flames.

In 2019 Bury fc went into liquidation, a commission  of mps reviewed that situation, made recommendations and these included assigning some blame to the efl.

It occurs to me, why not contact all those mps who tried to support Bury fc, remind them of their reports findings and request that they help Derby by continuing with their original work for Bury fc, but for Derby.

It's possible that can apply pressure on the efl, who are subject to political pressure.

Nigel Paul Huddlestone is a British businessman and politician serving as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Sport, Heritage and Tourism at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

email: nigel.Huddlestone.mp@parliament.uk

The mp for Bury who was involved with dealing with efl and Bury fc, was James daly mp, email: james.daly.mp@parliament.uk

I'm hopeful that after what Bury fc went through, he will have sympathy for Derby fans.

Damien Collins mp  chaired enquiry into Bury fc and the efl, damian.collins.mp@parliament.uk

On tip of this why isn't there a Derby county petition on our treatment by the efl either on 

https://petition.parliament.uk/

7 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Let’s just say we go into liquidation, what happens with PP stadium?
We couldn’t remain there as a Phoenix club with the limited income there of and with the overheads that the club would incur to remain occupants and operate within it.
So my question is this, surely it’s in the best interest of Mel Morris to offer funding for the remainder of this season to ensure we keep functioning as DCFC.

This would in turn ensure “his!” PP stadium maintains an income or can be bought from him when we are freed from the current situation we find ourselves in (which he is responsible for anyway).

Otherwise….

What would be the point in PP stadium, what could he do with PP stadium without DCFC having paid £80m for it? Leaving it to become a baron wasteland should we fold makes no sense at all.

Makes sense for him to cover our costs to the end of the season as he is culpable/ responsible and he can afford it IMHO.

The only hope for him is that we are bought out by the end of the season and the ground is subsequently leased or purchased from him by the new owners.

It makes sense for him MM to take the EFL to court as a private citizen in some form or another even if it’s just to bring the EFL dealings into the public forum.

Don’t think the EFl has ‘added’ anything. One problem is that you can’t force unsecured creditors into a CVA if you have other unquantified claims against the club. The EFl can’t fix that 

The admins clearly disagree with this view though. This can't be the first time a disputed claim has been made against a company in administration, in fact I imagine its pretty common. 

What's the solution to this if the efl doesn't budge? We'd either have to settle with boro and Wycombe which a new owner would have to pay or any potential new owner is willing to exit admin without the efls blessing and challenge it. 

Edited by alexxxxx

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

All I know is after being fed lies by Mel Morris I’d have followed him into battle, now I wouldn’t urinate on him if he was on fire. The ONLY good thing to come out of Derby County going bust is his wallet would be hit. Duck him, ‘one of our own’ we used to sing… how wrong we were, doesn’t even deserve to call himself a fan… we’d be better off without him.

Agreed!

The situation for MM is not my concern either, he personally as a “businessman?!” should see the situation from his own selfish point of view (which all true successful business men or women do). 
That’s  what I mean, he should personally see that preventing the liquidation of our club is in his best personal financial interests (if he really is a true businessman) 

12 hours ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Just mailed this to talksport.

Talk sport team

What are your views on Boro and Wycombe suing Derby for loss of revenue and the efl's stance in blocking a deal until this is resolved?

What do you think to the president that Boro and Wycombe's stance sets for future seasons and if you think suing Derby is justified should Derby sue villa and QPR who breached FFP in the seasons they beat Derby in the play off final, thus levelling the playing field?

9 hours ago, Bobby said:

You can’t sue QPR it was over r6 years ago so out of time.

9 hours ago, Ramtastic ones said:

Ok so only got rights to £160m off villa then. Didums 

Would that be Premier League Villa, who are not under EFL jurisdiction, haven't been charged with any EFL financial naughtiness, and ergo are not actually guilty of any wrongdoings as we currently stand?  Is that the Villa you refer to?

We'd be better off posting photo's of luxury Villas, passing them off as our own, and just pretending we have some dosh!   

Edited by Mucker1884

You all know what........Our fight on the pitch has awoken real football fans....in fact on the pitch, Derby are the most exciting thing happening in the Championship, we are being lapped up by sky sports with the spirit we are showing and the miracle we could perform by staying up......and the clowns at the EFL are extinguishing it, they should be enhancing it, playing on it, promoting it even.......they are totally corrupt and the list of board members proves it

Edited by BriggRam

If I recall (Ready to be proved wrong...) Didn't we have to initially show proof of funds to show we could keep ticking over until January? (Presumably on the assumption that we'd be sorted by now?)

Now we are asked for proof of funds to last until the end of season, does this come with a deadline?  When does this proof need to be in and accepted?  Admins hint at "a few weeks".  Do we have "a few weeks"? 

What is the likelihood that a certain date could bring about an EFL statement stating that we have failed to provide the required proof of funds "on time", and that our season is to be ceased with immediate effect?  

?‍♂️

The thing about the Boro claim is that it is just a made up figure of 45m. Based on a “what if” scenario and Paddy Power odds. What if they had said 100m would the EFL taken the same view? How about 500m. After all “what if” they had won the play offs, stayed up, established themselves in the Premier, got in the Champions League, signed Messi etc. All possible if only cheating Derby hadn’t denied the 6th place one year. This is how nuts it is. Just a figure plucked out of the air and we are being forced to give it credence even though as the Admins say it is against Statute!! Surely someone has to challenge this. 

18 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

You all know what........Our fight on the pitch has awoken real football fans....in fact on the pitch, Derby are the most exciting thing happening in the Championship, we are being lapped up by sky sports with the spirit we are showing and the miracle we could perform by staying up......and the clowns at the EFL are extinguishing it, they should be enhancing it playing on it, promoting it even.......they are totally corrupt and the list of board members proves it

Great point. We are almost monopolising Sky coverage. If the EFL had any marketing nous they would be saying “ Derby have taken their punishment and are now fighting their way back, this is what makes the EFL championship one of the best leagues in the world”! 

15 hours ago, HectorsHouse said:

Yep… very strange not to go into such an important meeting without various contingency plans

If the EFL said "in the meeting you'll need to show us how you plan to fund the club for the rest of the season" which upon entering the meeting became "where's the money in the club's bank account?" I'm not sure what they could have done...

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Great point. We are almost monopolising Sky coverage. If the EFL had any marketing nous they would be saying “ Derby have taken their punishment and are now fighting their way back, this is what makes the EFL championship one of the best leagues in the world”! 

Exactly........instead they are acting and looking like heartless prats.......

The administration regime doesn’t prevent claims being notified. Nor does it allow admins to ignore claims. It merely stops proceeding being brought for so long as the admins are in place 

The admin team has not ignored the claims. It has considered them and decided they are of no merit. 

It has also (despite this) I understand offered a settlement to both these parasites in order to make them go away. In spite of this, they haven't.

More recently the admin team has said the Boro and Wycombe issues should not affect the naming of the preferred bidder as the PB can then deal with the claims in due course.

So here is where it gets messy. It seems clear there is a big dispute between EFL and the admin team over how to progress from there.

Admin team says "claims are  very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise".

So again they have clear path for dealing with the claims via "compromise" , whatever that may mean in this context.   Which they say is governed by statute, so presumably insolvency law. But as is their wont the EFL think they are above the law and can do what they want.

It's hard to see how any blame can be attached to the admin team here. They surely know insolvency law better than the EFL.. they have a plan for dealing with the claims which EFL has rejected, despite EFL not having the authority to do that.