The Administration Thread

Boycie

42 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Does it not concern you though that CK appears not to have the funds available to do this?  He's going ti struggle to fund us in the Championship if that's the case, unless he's going to bring a partner in later to help fund us...

Who says he doesn’t have the funds to do it? Have we not learned anything from Mel morris tenure? It’s time for Derby county to be smart and sustainable. Kirchner is obviously looking it as, why spend 20M now he can use for the squad and running of the club to get us out of league one in a shorter time frame? If he spends 20M on the stadium it’s likely that majorly eats into budget. If month to month lease payments make sense in running the club sustainably, then it’s the right option and bring the stadium back under the club as and when we are in a much healthier position to do so.

Take me for example - I’ve got my phone on a monthly payment - I have the money in my bank right now to pay it off but I choose not to. Cause I’m being prudent that if my boiler breaks for example, I need cash aside to fix something like that immediately (Obvs it’s a lot more than a phone but you see my point).

Kirchner is 34 years old and is clearly a clever man to have got himself into a position to buy a football club for 10s of millions. 

We need to be realistic, no billionaire was going to come in and pay all those debts and for the stadium at 50M plus for a league one club. It was never going to happen.

I get why people on here like yourself are sceptical and worried - after some of the failed takeovers but this is clearly very different. There’s been no journalist stories to suggest anything is wrong, CK has been open so far and nothing he’s said has come out as untrue, there’s been no EFL statement to say anything negative towards this takeover since CK came back in.  

Sorry @hotrod I see I’ve basically done the same post as you!! 

Edited by Ramos

Well as we enter 1701 let's hope for our own 'Act of Settlement' soon (I like this game).

Thing with CK and money is that although his value is kept rather secretive (fair enough), we know he made a tidy (if one off) sum from crypto. However I know of a guy who made a tidy sum from selling shares in a sweet based game phone app a while back, didnt work out that well.

However we may be thinking about this funding thing the wrong way. We may still be thinking of rich single owners funding the club through some kind of benefactor model. Derby may not be run that way in future. Isnt Cook meant to have a reputation as being able to secure funding and getting new contacts? When GSE took over I laughed at things like sponsored substitutions (still bought my car from Ron Brooks though so something worked), but it was funding, we may be seeing innovative new streams in future.

Will be hopeful until Weds then my mood will darken again (apologies in advance - but it's been a year of extremes emotionally)

46 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Does it not concern you though that CK appears not to have the funds available to do this?  He's going ti struggle to fund us in the Championship if that's the case, unless he's going to bring a partner in later to help fund us...

I’m just bothered about having a club mate. 

CK and DC are our saviours fingers crossed 

32 minutes ago, hotrod said:

Why is everyone so concerned about him not him buying the stadium…

Many many years ago when I was 1st married, We had to rent our home from the council as we didn't have the £s to buy, It didn't bother us that we didn't own the property, We had somewhere to call home.

A few years later We saved up enough for a down payment and bought our 1st property.

This I assume is what CK is doing, Payoff creditors, Pay wages, Lease the Stadium from whoever who pays for the upkeep of PP.

I can see why if CK is going to put X amount more money into transfers and signings for maybe a better player, ST money coming in to offset said expenditure.

Maguire reckons 3 million per season is the cost to get promoted from league.

I think with derbys team needing a significant rebuild, I'd place the cost as higher than that.

However, it seems about right for an average cost to win promotion to League One.

I accept Maguires knowledge.

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

It appears the cancel culture mob are on this website.  If you show concern, you are roundly abused and dismissed.  Some of these clowns doing this are quick to forget the fake Shiek and everythings been signed, just the money to come through promises.

Did the 'shiek' (sic) provide proof of funding to first £60 million and then £100 million. Did the 'shiek' spend a month fully funding the club prior to pulling out? Did the 'shiek' pay the club's payroll in the month prior to doing so? 

If the answer to all of these questions is 'no', then perhaps the real 'clowns' are those comparing said 'shiek' to CK. And on that note, not doing so does not make those who don't share your concerns 'CK happy-clappers', it simply indicates an aptitude for basic critical thinking that apparently you sadly lack. In any case, should CK pull out on Monday, Mike Ashley is stood by with two bob and a conker to exchange, so there's no real need to fret, is there? 

41 minutes ago, rsmini said:

How many English clubs do not own the stadium they play in, or even the land it sits on? 

I can start with 3. Man City and West Ham lease the stadiums. Plus I believe the council own the land the City Ground is built on 

bUt ciTEh havE nO mONee tWo

2 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Didn't he spend $90mil on a private plane? He has money

Alan nixon is making the right noises at the minute. He will have his ear firmly to the ground, especially with Cook and Stretford on the end of the phone.

Nixon says we are in for all sorts of players, when asked if we have a chance of promotion with the players we are linked with, his response was "ask me after the first dozen", so sounds like we are busy.

He also keeps saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about with the deal, it's done.

He has a story tomorrow about players, so will be interesting to see who we are linked with.

I've joked for what seems like 6 months now, but I honestly think this week could be a good one ?

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Alan nixon is making the right noises at the minute. He will have his ear firmly to the ground, especially with Cook and Stretford on the end of the phone.

Nixon says we are in for all sorts of players, when asked if we have a chance of promotion with the players we are linked with, his response was "ask me after the first dozen", so sounds like we are busy.

He also keeps saying there is absolutely nothing to worry about with the deal, it's done.

He has a story tomorrow about players, so will be interesting to see who we are linked with.

I've joked for what seems like 6 months now, but I honestly think this week could be a good one ?

Faint Fainting GIF by Sesame Street

3 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

A few have said this, but, do we have it confirmed other than by the CK happy clapper club?

As other have said, how come out of these men and women involved nobody spotted the US BH, the UK one is a red herring as the deal still should have completed by Wed 2 days longer tgan the orginal deadline.....

TBH though, I'm more concerned about CKs ability to fund the club longer term, it really doesn't make sense not to buy the ground, its the only real asset.

Logically, it has to be highly likely that Kirchner has funded the payroll. It's going to over £2m as it will include final loyalty bonuses and seasonal target bonuses.

Nixon claims the wages have been paid and he's obviously got a source in an authoritative position at the EFL. If the wages hadn't been paid, I'm 100% sure we'd have heard about it.

So then the question is; where did the money come from? I don't think selling the contract clause would have raised anywhere near enough. I also don't think that MSD would loan any more at this point. Needing a loan to pay players when there's a preferred bidder and no income for a few months makes would make loaning money very risky. 

The only possibility other than Kirchner that I can see us a release of TV money. However, if that was the case, lots of journalists have missed a story...'Kirchner not funding Derby County'.

So, it's not beyond all reasonable doubt, but it does look likely on the balance of probability, that Kirchner funded the payroll.

As for his ongoing funding - all we can do is wait to see what happens. At least it looks like we'll still have a club to support, which is something we need to be grateful to him for. On the face of it, choosing the 35% option and not buying the stadium points towards someone who can't afford to run Derby County. However, I'm sure that there is a lot of information that we don’t know. 

Kirchner could be a naive American who thinks he can run the club profitability by selling more hotdogs and only selling players for a profit. He could be a brilliant business strategist who has a different model which will show all clubs the way forward. He could be buying the club to sell on straight away. He might even just be front for the real money man.

So yes, obviously there are concerns about Kirchner, but there would be for any buyer. We can't do anything about it anyway, so we might as well sit tight and enjoy having a club until something does actually go wrong. 

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Kirchner could be a naive American who thinks he can run the club profitability by selling more hotdogs and only selling players for a profit. He could be a brilliant business strategist who has a different model which will show all clubs the way forward. He could be buying the club to sell on straight away. He might even just be front for the real money man.

So yes, obviously there are concerns about Kirchner, but there would be for any buyer. We can't do anything about it anyway, so we might as well sit tight and enjoy having a club until something does actually go wrong. 

CK is funding the club, Garry Cook will be running the show as the CEO, For CK this will be one hell of a learning curve where English Football(Soccer)is concerned, Zoom calls will be on the agenda a good few times a week, CK will be flying over with his good Lady when the opportunity arises in the jet he owns.

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

A few have said this, but, do we have it confirmed other than by the CK happy clapper club?

As other have said, how come out of these men and women involved nobody spotted the US BH, the UK one is a red herring as the deal still should have completed by Wed 2 days longer tgan the orginal deadline.....

TBH though, I'm more concerned about CKs ability to fund the club longer term, it really doesn't make sense not to buy the ground, its the only real asset.

Alan Rickman Reaction GIF  your negativity is getting tedious