The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Will there be a delay because all parties are riveted to the Vardy versus Rooney case?

The high drama as Wayne leaves the witness box in middle of delivering a speech of eloquence regarding the nature of justice and freedom to return to DCFC to triumphantly announce the club is saved.

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I have to say... even after all this time... That I remain pleasantly surprised at just how quickly things have been moving.

#creditwhereit'sdue

Surprised more hasn't been made of that quote. I'm in bed with a temperature, a hot torso (theres a first time for everything) and cold legs. Make of that what you will....

I want to be having delirious dreams of sustainable League 1 mediocrity but alas this thread crushes my imaginative powers. Back to the the transfer page and pretending we have a functioning club.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

3 possibilities for our club.

1) Kirchner buys us

2) Mike Ashley buys us

3) Liquidation

I'm personally convinced number 1 ain't happening, I'm just hoping Mike Ashley is feeling charitable.

My thoughts too. Hope to be proved wrong later tonight, but it's a very peculiar setup when Kirchner can't afford the ground and insists someone else buy it for him.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes.

You're doing it wrong then.

What you're supposed to do is pop up every few days to say "it's not going to happen" and then if nothing happens say 'see, I said nothing would happen" in order to credit yourself with the foresight of knowing nothing was going to happen.

The next time there's talk of something happening you're meant to pop by early in the day to say "I told you all last time it wasn't going to happen and I was right, nothing is going to happen today" 

After reminding everyone that you've said multiple times that nothing is going to happen (presumably thinking they've all forgotten you said it?), you're meant to return periodically throughout the day to ask "Has anything happened yet?" before answering your own question with "No, I didn't think it would. And It won't"

A few hours later, in one final post before logging off for the day you say "I knew nothing was going to happen, didn't I tell you so?"

However, if something positive does happen you just use the following get-out: "I'm as delighted as you are! You can hardly blame me for thinking it wasn't going to happen given our track record. I'm just a Derby supporter like everyone else, I'm worried about our future and want the best for the club."

Never fails.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

3 possibilities for our club.

1) Kirchner buys us

2) Mike Ashley buys us

3) Liquidation

I'm personally convinced number 1 ain't happening, I'm just hoping Mike Ashley is feeling charitable.

4) Liquidation and the MA picks up whatever is left as cheaply as possible and we start afresh as a phoenix club....☹️

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You're doing it wrong then.

Indeed. Similar vibes to:

”I hope he proves me wrong but I think [insert name of newly signed player or manager here] will be an absolute disaster!!”

I hate the phrase ‘hope he proves me wrong’ and the people that say it; designed only to allow a smug ‘I told you so’ post at some point in the future or ‘well, I did say I hope he proved me wrong’ when they are half decent.

It fair winds me up it does!

Lest we forget that those geniuses at Quantuma were claiming we'd be out of administration by the start of  January2022 , and in November 2021 were already estimating their costs as £1.5 million plus expenses of £1.24 million including accommodation and travel costs of £55,000 and legal costs of £1.1 million

I hope they never work again