The Administration Thread

Boycie

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:
thought CK came across very well on Amanda Solloway’s session- was really  encouraging. Just wish he’d do a little less twittering 

Yes, he did come across well. Don’t you think it’s better than the confusing garbled misinformation we get from newspaper hacks?

At least we know it’s actually his words, as long as it doesn’t descend into Fawaz territory.

I feel like CK doesnt want to deal with MM directly on the stadium as he tried first time around and got nowhere, I believe he wanted MM to accept less which he rejected to do. 

CK has openly said he came back in once the DCC were at the table for Pride Park.

Im not even sure its all about the price, how do we know it would be any cheaper to buy off the DCC than it would be off MM? I think alot of this is down to principle, at the end of the day CK is coming in and paying MM debts for him, I dont blame him for wanting nothing more to do with him.

From todays FB live + the talk of the DCC securing funding I do think a deal for the stadium is closer than we all think, I think an agreement on the sale of Pride Park will be in place this week as well as the EFL approval. Then CK can start making plans and WR can too, with the exit of admin and the stadium completed end of May / start of June, in time for preseason.

Edited by DCFC1388

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I feel like CK doesnt want to deal with MM directly on the stadium as he tried first time around and got nowhere, I believe he wanted MM to accept less which he rejected to do. 

CK has openly said he came back in once the DCC were at the table for Pride Park.

Im not even sure its all about the price, how do we know it would be any cheaper to buy off the DCC than it would be off MM? I think alot of this is down to principle, at the end of the day CK is coming in and paying MM debts for him, I dont blame him for wanting nothing more to do with him.

From todays FB live + the talk of the DCC securing funding I do think a deal for the stadium is closer than we all think, I think an agreement on the sale of Pride Park will be in place this week as well as the EFL approval. Then CK can start making plans and WR can too, with the exit of admin and the stadium completed end of May / start of June, in time for preseason.

I think you are completely on the money in how you have read the situation with Mel Morris. Through his actions as custodian of our club he has become despised as an untrustworthy individual in the football business world for sure and that will have passed down into business in general. Would you buy anything from him now? Chris Kirchner gains credit in my book by keeping Morris at arms-length. Morris will have much less leverage negotiating with the City Council as prospective buyer of the stadium than he would with a direct bidder for the club. It's just totally wrong that he should have any influence at all on who gets to buy the club and on what terms when it was him alone who brought us to our knees in the first place.

I've read that dcfc brings in around 100 million a year to the local community.

Creating jobs etc

I've read that dcfc are in the running for an award for the work that they do with local community, especially this year under difficult circumstances for the club.

I've read that the club's financial links to a lot of local businesses is essential for those businesses survival.

I've read that people say the council shouldn't be considering whether they have the funds to buy the club even if that means substantial guaranteed revenue for them from renting it back to ck.

In my opinion, an argument that the money should be spent on council services only at this time is flawed considering the above.

As we stand on the brink of a recession, people feel they need to have an outlet for how the reduction of stress and for families to be able to do something locally and I believe dcfc helps with that.

It's my hope that mm who at this point in time should have zero chance of passing the efls own fit for purpose test, shouldn't continue to control dcfc.

In Germany fans are legally required to own a portion of their football team, in derby fans who elected local councillors and who pay council tax, now potentially have a chance via the council to indirectly own a share in dcfc

If the council does buy it, I hope that members of the public might get a voice on ideas on the way the ground is run.

My take on it all, CK is the man to take us forward, CK will give Gary Cook the money to build a team to help rebuild us, that excites me.

My major concern, CK seems quite adamant that the main hurdle is the stadium.

For saying he starts writing cheques from Saturday I find it unbelievable that he isn't being kept abreast of the progress on that front. No suggestions from him that progress is being made, positive talks had etc.

I'm just worried that we are getting excited that CK is about to save us and we will be reading a statement on Friday from CKs team about not completing a deal due to the stadium.

Please let this week be a good one.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My take on it all, CK is the man to take us forward, CK will give Gary Cook the money to build a team to help rebuild us, that excites me.

My major concern, CK seems quite adamant that the main hurdle is the stadium.

For saying he starts writing cheques from Saturday I find it unbelievable that he isn't being kept abreast of the progress on that front. No suggestions from him that progress is being made, positive talks had etc.

I'm just worried that we are getting excited that CK is about to save us and we will be reading a statement on Friday from CKs team about not completing a deal due to the stadium.

Please let this week be a good one.

I understand your concern. However watching the Facebook live chat, while cautious around the stadium they were talking as if he’s got the club. It’s clear there has been lots of conversations with CK and Team Derby behind the scenes, he’s leaving the stadium discussions to Team Derby, they know how important it is and it would be quite the own goal if it wasn’t done. 

I’m hopeful but been wrong before as we all have. 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Creating jobs etc

I've read that dcfc are in the running for an award for the work that they do with local community, especially this year under difficult circumstances for the club.

I've read that the club's financial links to a lot of local businesses is essential for those businesses survival.

I've read that people say the council shouldn't be considering whether they have the funds to buy the club even if that means substantial guaranteed revenue for them from renting it back to ck.

In my opinion, an argument that the money should be spent on council services only at this time is flawed considering the above.

As we stand on the brink of a recession, people feel they need to have an outlet for how the reduction of stress and for families to be able to do something locally and I believe dcfc helps with that.

It's my hope that mm who at this point in time should have zero chance of passing the efls own fit for purpose test, shouldn't continue to control dcfc.

In Germany fans are legally required to own a portion of their football team, in derby fans who elected local councillors and who pay council tax, now potentially have a chance via the council to indirectly own a share in dcfc

If the council does buy it, I hope that members of the public might get a voice on ideas on the way the ground is run.

After a bit of simple maths - that would equate to each adult Rams fan spending around £400 at Every home game per season.Some won’t even pay for parking. I would imagine the Council would have to do some serious studies to see exactly how much of an asset the ground would be.

20 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I understand your concern. However watching the Facebook live chat, while cautious around the stadium they were talking as if he’s got the club. It’s clear there has been lots of conversations with CK and Team Derby behind the scenes, he’s leaving the stadium discussions to Team Derby, they know how important it is and it would be quite the own goal if it wasn’t done. 

I’m hopeful but been wrong before as we all have. 

I wasn't sure on CK, I thought he was another Erik Alonso, from that interview yesterday id say he is nothing like him.

CK has his own plane with his own initials on it, Erik Alonso would try and have you believe he owned Thunderbird 1 ?

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

12 hours ago, angieram said:

I just think Kirchner doesn't want MM involved in any way. Neither do we, or Team Derby. I think Team Derby have a history and relationship with MM that puts them in the best place to negotiate a dignified departure for the owner, which leaves the stadium in the hands of people who care about the future of the club.

I actually wouldn't mind if the council owned the ground long term but more likely there will be a transfer in due course. 

As for CK's money, the Sun reported yesterday he has shown proof of £100 million to the EFL. Why 'waste' £20 million of that up front, if he can keep it to invest it in the team, then he'll be in a better place to buy the stadium back down the line. 

Yep and it seems that he has 35% of MM debts to pay of over the the next three years 

22 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

After a bit of simple maths - that would equate to each adult Rams fan spending around £400 at Every home game per season.Some won’t even pay for parking. I would imagine the Council would have to do some serious studies to see exactly how much of an asset the ground would be.

It's not just *at* the game though.  You've got people using pubs/restaurants before/after games, fans who live far away maybe staying in hotels on match days, people spending money in Derby shops rather than local ones because there already here for the game.  You've got all the community outreach stuff, employing people to go to schools etc.  You've got pubs showing games when Derby are on TV, shops selling Derby merchandise and so on. The club benefits the local area in a million different ways.

11 hours ago, S8TY said:

Great post and makes perfect sense to me...the statement from CK regarding wanting Morris out of the picture also makes perfect sense but has unfortunately got a few of us worried this might not happen in time for saturday.

Us as fans are so fragile it seems because of all of the false promises and endless negotitaions and buyers and preffered bidders etc is it any wonder though that it only takes one comment to make us worry.....No football ground should ever be seperated from the club and hope it comes back to where it belongs and will never be used as collateral or a bargaining tool in the future ...PP is our home!!!

Let’s try and hope that everything was sorted out with the council last week and full detail cannot be revealed until after the local elections have taken place on Thursday (which makes sense)  which is when CK meets the EFL - Friday may be happy smiley day 

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's not just *at* the game though.  You've got people using pubs/restaurants before/after games, fans who live far away maybe staying in hotels on match days, people spending money in Derby shops rather than local ones because there already here for the game.  You've got all the community outreach stuff, employing people to go to schools etc.  You've got pubs showing games when Derby are on TV, shops selling Derby merchandise and so on. The club benefits the local area in a million different ways.

Yep - The £400 mentioned is probably what me and other half downs each game we go to, 2 nights in hotel, 2 nights out, all adds up....

Edited by Mihangel

24 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Its not so much about whether the council run it, or whether the council fund a project to find a buyer for the ground.

There will be financial backers who would possibly look favourably on taking on the ground, in the same way financial backing was found via msd for a loan towards pride park. 

I think that there will be businesses interested in taking on the ground.

Firms like land securities run large building projects and make money from those businesses.

Example: ground is valued at 20 million, but the grounds owner can make 5 to 6 million a year from renting out the ground, then that can be of interest to someone buying and running the ground. Even at 3 million a year, that could be of interest.

I think those returns are valid given a cut of the advertising revenue plus the rent, plus a proportion of the merchandising sold at the clubs grounds, a proportion of the food and drink sold at the ground.

Then there's money raised from other events helds at the ground.

If you compare it to how much the council spent on building the velodrome, £28 million, and while it’s a ‘nice to have’, it doesn’t have anywhere near the benefit to the local community and the money the football club generates for the city/county, it’s a no brainer for the council to buy it and help the club survive.

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Its not so much about whether the council run it, or whether the council fund a project to find a buyer for the ground.

There will be financial backers who would possibly look favourably on taking on the ground, in the same way financial backing was found via msd for a loan towards pride park. 

I think that there will be businesses interested in taking on the ground.

Firms like land securities run large building projects and make money from those businesses.

Example: ground is valued at 20 million, but the grounds owner can make 5 to 6 million a year from renting out the ground, then that can be of interest to someone buying and running the ground. Even at 3 million a year, that could be of interest.

I think those returns are valid given a cut of the advertising revenue plus the rent, plus a proportion of the merchandising sold at the clubs grounds, a proportion of the food and drink sold at the ground.

Then there's money raised from other events helds at the ground.

Thing is buying and leasing a football stadium isn’t a short term high return / high risk investment. It’s a steady safe earner. It’s a blue chip,  not a lotto ticket.
People invest in National Grid .. not to make a shed load, but to put money somewhere safe that earns steady but unspectacular  income whilst preserving its capital value. 

Edited by jono

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

Creating jobs etc

The thing is, the Council owning the stadium will NOT have any effect on it's ability to fund the provision of core services to City of Derby rates payers. Public bodies like the City Council have access to centrally-provided capital project funding for the building and/or protection of community assets at loan rates far more favourable than commercial business mortgages and I would be gob-smacked if the council were contemplating the purchase of the stadium with any other funding than this.

If, as has been reported, the funding is in place then I assume the caveats for qualifying for this funding have been met. I don't live in Derby any more but a council near to where I do now live - City of York - used access too this fund to build the new community stadium there, with borrowing secured at 2.9% interest.

If the same applied for Derby, borrowing £20m (assumed stadium purchase price) would cost £580,000 a year - that's about £1 for every ticket sold this season - and a bargain in terms of funding. I don't know, but I would guess the cost of servicing the Dell loan is three times that level.

The Council will only be exposed if the Club can't pay the ground rent at some point in the future.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

You may want to buy a new calculator.

It's less than £200 for 22,000 people per game.