The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Simon Stone @ the BBC reporting that Appleby and his consortium are the front runners for it.

He also says an agreement over the tax bill will form part of the negotiations once the preferred bidder is announced, which could be this week. A CVA looks to be the way to exit admin.

It needs to be done by Friday, If not players/agents will be on the phone to other clubs showing they could be available, These 4 days are the most important in out recent history.

15 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I'm just guessing, but if Gadsby and Appleby have joined forces with their respective backers. Could the other bidder in the mix be MSD, who we owe a lot of money to. I certainly don't think its Mike Ashley or any other British led consortium.

Appleby led consortium

Gadsby led consortium

Only 2 in it now neither are linked with each other, MSD are the loanees...to get paid off, By all accounts Appleby is in the box seat according to reports on here.

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Appleby led consortium

Gadsby led consortium

Only 2 in it now neither are linked with each other, MSD are the loanees...to get paid off, By all accounts Appleby is in the box seat according to reports on here.

Nixon from the Sun had linked them in a joint bid a little while back, so I'm not so sure. I wish the administrators would give us an update, the last being that they confirmed Chris Kirchner had pulled out. They are probably on their christmas break and won't be back in the office until Wednesday.

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Nixon from the Sun had linked them in a joint bid a little while back, so I'm not so sure. I wish the administrators would give us an update, the last being that they confirmed Chris Kirchner had pulled out. They are probably on their christmas break and won't be back in the office until Wednesday.

I think you have been on the Christmas break. Statement issued by admin team on Xmas Eve saying Kirchner has been outbid. They expect the preferred bidder to be named "imminently", hence the thread title. And the Gadsby-Appleby tie up doesn#t exist, Nixon was talking poo.   

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I think you have been on the Christmas break. Statement issued by admin team on Xmas Eve saying Kirchner has been outbid. They expect the preferred bidder to be named "imminently", hence the thread title. And the Gadsby-Appleby tie up doesn#t exist, Nixon was talking poo.   

Does any of it really weigh up?

Obviously the preferred bidder wasn’t imminent, they said that 4 days ago!

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

In fairness two of those days were xmas day and boxing day, as well as two bank holidays.

This whole process reeks of 'business hours only' to me, so I wasnt expecting anything until later this week to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Xmas Eve, Xmas day, Boxing day and the 27th being a bank holiday it was never going to be announced, The 28th(today) is also a bank holiday, So we have 3 days to go remaining from last weeks..."next week" meaning this week, I will be very dissapointed as will a lot on here will be if again we're told "next week"

Imminent meaning very soon.

Today is Tuesday, my spidey senses tell me. We have until the end of play Friday (New Year's Eve) for the preffered bidder to be announced.

I'm assuming after this date all our players are fair game to the vultures.

Rooney said as much yesterday, this week is pivotal for the club.

This week is where the admins earn there corn, or, explain what they have done to earn such riches.

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

So if it is Appleby and GSW, what are the odds Sam Rush returns as CEO?

I think Jez Moxey is more likely.

Appleby raved about him as a CEO back in the day.

Also, as much as Rush was never found guilty of anything, he probably would think it wise to have a more distant role in everything to save criticism.

Remains to be seen of course.