The Administration Thread

Boycie

27 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Wigan raised around £9.5M from player sales but, although they obviously got less than they would have if it hadn't been a fire-sale, they were helped by the fact that they hadn't been prevented from extending contracts for a significant period even before they went into administration, so they had allot more players with >12 months left on their contracts than we did. I'm pretty sure they didn't also have other club owners complaining to the EFL that they weren't selling their players cheaply enough.

Wigan had to borrow money from their fans I believe so I cannot see how they could have proved funding to the end of season. 

yes they raised £10 million or so in fire sale .. well we have raised £4 million or so. So what ? 

they needed a buyer or they would have folded, I still don’t see why Wigan could extend contracts and sign free transfers and we cannot .

23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's excellent if correct and I know you usually are pretty accurate with this stuff. Do you have time to list your build up. I would be interested.

There will be a massive drop in T V money. That’s why the average wage in Div 1 is around £3k a week . The EFL will want to see a sensible wage structure in place before those numpties ok it.

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Wigan had to borrow money from their fans I believe so I cannot see how they could have proved funding to the end of season. 

yes they raised £10 million or so in fire sale .. well we have raised £4 million or so. So what ? 

they needed a buyer or they would have folded, I still don’t see why Wigan could extend contracts and sign free transfers and we cannot .

£10M is 2.5x £4M, so that's part of your answer. Their wage bill on relegation was also only £12M, which they reduced substantially, so the amount req'd per month to run the club was much less than ours. The fans raised an initial £500K and later a further £200K. I can't find any information about though what hoops they had to jump through to get EFL approval to contest the 20/21 season and sign players, or whether they were allowed to sell season tickets. Their debts were also a fraction of ours though - £3M to the taxman only, apparently. 

There's allot of unanswered questions for sure, but Wigan's case was very different to ours.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

£10M is 2.5x £4M, so that's part of your answer. Their wage bill on relegation was also only £12M, which they reduced substantially, so the amount req'd per month to run the club was much less than ours. The fans raised an initial £500K and later a further £200K. I can't find any information about though what hoops they had to jump through to get EFL approval to contest the 20/21 season and sign players, or whether they were allowed to sell season tickets. Their debts were also a fraction of ours though - £3M to the taxman only, apparently. 

There's allot of unanswered questions for sure, but Wigan's case was very different to ours.

Having a wage bill of £12 m on relegation to league one is not a good place when you have gates the size of Wigan, so sure they needed to reduce the wage bill big time. Like I say they needed to find a buyer or else they would have folded, and Although both income and expenditure for Derby are bigger i don't see the difference and why we have been treated the way we have, with no signings allowed since going into admin, or even extending contracts.

As ever the problem is with these EFL rules there is no transparency , EFL just seem to make it up as they go along.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Having a wage bill of £12 m on relegation to league one is not a good place when you have gates the size of Wigan, so sure they needed to reduce the wage bill big time. Like I say they needed to find a buyer or else they would have folded, and Although both income and expenditure for Derby are bigger i don't see the difference and why we have been treated the way we have, with no signings allowed since going into admin, or even extending contracts.

As ever the problem is with these EFL rules there is no transparency , EFL just seem to make it up as they go along.

One factor that I've just remembered is that they only introduced the more extensive and structured embargo conditions that we have been operating under in June of 2021. I said at the time that they looked specifically constructed to cripple DCFC, or at least were conveniently written in a way that ensured we were completely hamstrung.

Wigan were obviously only restricted by the less punitive embargo rules that were in place during their administration.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I’m starting to feel slightly more confident about this. With all the false dawns at Derby I feel like I’ve been jilted at the alter about 20 times and this time im finally at the airport waiting for the flight for our honeymoon - but it’s still like I met my wife online and we married virtually and plan to meet in Barbados - will she be there?! Should we have gone to the Maldives instead?! So many many questions. 

In all seriousness, I’m intrigued when we are likely to hear more from Garry Cook.  

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I’m starting to feel slightly more confident about this. With all the false dawns at Derby I feel like I’ve been jilted at the alter about 20 times and this time im finally at the airport waiting for the flight for our honeymoon - but it’s still like I met my wife online and we married virtually and plan to meet in Barbados - will she be there?! Should we have gone to the Maldives instead?! So many many questions. 

In all seriousness, I’m intrigued when we are likely to hear more from Garry Cook.  

Agree so very much. When we hear from Gary Cook, I think that's when it is all but the ink dry on the deal. Right now he is the Cheif Exec in waiting,  his first words will be: Oi Pearson, out my chair.

33 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Brilliant guy!

I see the Mike Ashley fans have kept quiet whilst CK shows everyone how to be a proper chairman.

He aint yet, But as I was/am an MA advocate.

Rah Rah Rah...Mike Ashley

Sung in a very loud voice ?