The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm all over it!

Not sure that layout could house the amount of people who would be there? But totally concur with the sentiment.

Most grounds are pretty concrete-y, miserable,  draughty, drab places ....there must be a reason they mostly are, but it would be great it wasn't that way.

I guess it's cos they started life as a sheltered walkway and toilet area. They then accommodated food, drink and bookies, but were never redesigned for them.

46 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

If I was CK and looking to change things up, I would be speaking to whoever owns the underpass going from Siddals Road to Pride Park. Once you come through the underpass there is a huge concrete plaza under the PP flyover that would be perfect for music, food, drink and as a gathering area. You could even paint it up with DCFC murals. Put a few permanent containers down there with bar and kitchen equipment so that traders can change every match on a "guest" basis. Get people coming from town to meet there, get the atmosphere going (a la Ajax vids) then march all together to the match through Pride Park. It wouldn't change routines too much for people, improve pre-match atmosphere and get people up for it.

That's a great idea, utilising that space would be perfect, turn it into an asset. 

It could be like a mini Borough market, with uses outside of a matchday too.

I think in the Championship, Bristol City do the pre-game stuff pretty well.

They’ve got their equivalent of the Yard opened up showing the football, with live music and more food/drink outside. Each time I’ve gone to Ashton Gate it’s been a pretty good atmosphere there.

There’s no reason we can’t do the same or better. Give fans a reason to be around the ground more than just the match.

Connect with local musicians, showcase their talent each week and give them an opportunity. Build relationships with local food and drink companies, they promote their businesses, fans get something a little different than £5 cheap-burgers in a floury bun. Get the community more involved, rebuild the reputation of the Club as something that is the keystone of the community. 

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am not happy if looks like that meaning for away games we wont be able park outside Toyota west stand.

Might be wrong, but I think that’s next to the East Stand. 

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Connect with local musicians, showcase their talent each week and give them an opportunity. Build relationships with local food and drink companies, they promote their businesses, fans get something a little different than £5 cheap-burgers in a floury bun. Get the community more involved, rebuild the reputation of the Club as something that is the keystone of the community. 

We could get Niall Horan and Joey Greener to sing some songs, and perhaps Jack O'Connell and George Clooney could do some footlights type performances. Perhaps even Simon Groom could go along with Shep (is he still around, Shep I mean not Simon?) ?

4 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

And at Brighton they used to get real ale in from the location of the away team - nice touch

Thoughtful and a very nice touch.

As CK said the first step to building up a business is investment.

I hope that one of his priorities is to talk to all associated with the club, at every level, to find out what we do well and where things can be improved. No one knows this club better than the staff and the fans and they bring a wealth of experience to the discussion.

If he then acts on these suggestions then it gives everyone a feeling of ownership and involvement.

Some of the suggestions on here regarding how the whole match day experience could be made more welcoming for Derby fans, families and away fans are brilliant. If some are more costly than others then start with smaller improvements that can be done more cheaply and gradually build up the whole match day experience and make everyone comfortable and welcome, especially those fans of both teams who might have travelled a long way and just want to chill out and relax before the match.