The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

What I actually said was the MSD loan is more messy to deal with because it is a liability of DCFC. Gibson’s claim was against DCFC and others .. what others do you think it was against? 

I dearly want for DCFC to be able to swerve the MSD loan and leave it with Morris. That might mean liquidation though and a Phoenix club/ company. Do we really want that? Anyway as you say let’s wait and see what this week brings. 

That doesnt make sense, the stadium is owned by Mel/MSD liquidation will not resolve that, other than the value of the stadium may well drop if we fold as it becomes a big white elephant...

17 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I’m a bit confused so can someone help me out, I saw someone say on the Festy Esbole thread that if a PB gets named this week then they can offer new contracts, surely the club isn’t theirs to do that until they actually become owners? 
what if they can’t get the creditors to accept what they’re offering? They’re hardly likely to pay out for something they might not actually end up owning surely?

I know you are a bit confused and would be very happy to help you out. Out of this forum if only I had the power. One day. One day soon.

FB78F7F3-D1A3-45FA-9997-4A355678B913.gif

10 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

That doesnt make sense, the stadium is owned by Mel/MSD liquidation will not resolve that, other than the value of the stadium may well drop if we fold as it becomes a big white elephant...

Or does it. Eventually different usage would be approved to bring income/jobs to the city. Perhaps Mel's plan changed from the premier league to s new covered arena as he thinks he can recoup losses that way. Who knows how his mind works? 

11 hours ago, Rample said:

Don't Red Bull fancy a team over here. I could tolerate RB Derby.

I think English FA rules don't allow sponsorship of professional teams in their names... They could get away with DeRBy County though and at this stage, I could deal with that too!

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

With the news of Festy leaving confirmed, it brings home just how hard and long we have been punished as a club. The 21 point deduction is severe in itself but the restrictions placed on us in terms of making new signings and offering new contracts to existing players is destroying our club further.

It goes way beyond this season. It has made survival in the Championship nigh on impossible, made it harder for us to find a buyer and even if we are eventially taken over, with a potential 15 point deduction, the possibility of a new manager and a scratch team, we face an uphill struggle next season too. And that's the favorable outcome.

The EFL, the idiot chairmen at Middlesbrough and Wycombe and all the trolling Florist/Leeds/Boro and other teams (so-called) fans have further tried to push us over the edge.

I just want this to be over now. I'd be a liar if I said this hasn't lowered my mood. The continued worry about the loss of something you have loved for the majority of your life is draining. I'm sure many of you feel the same. Please make this finish. Please can we have a PB  by Friday and at least start on the journey in rebuilding our beloved Rams.

Edited by Sheff Ram
Typo

They brought in these rules to punish clubs going into administration and then coming out with no debts and gaining a competitive advantage. How many clubs were doing this to warrant the rules coming in?! 
In addition surely when the EFL brought in FFP/P&S they should have reduced any penalties for going into admin, given you now have further penalties anyway 

It has been suggested that the Rams are the stakes in a poker game. All the main bidders plus EFL and Q are playing a game.  37 years ago Del boy showed us all how to play poker and win! Hopefully posting the link is allowable. If not: Google Del boy poker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fHScmyWTA

Edited by FindernRam

37 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

Very much a none story. A previous bidder who, by his own admission is “quite far from it (the situation)” says our position isn’t great and is worsening as we lose players. No poo Sherlock. I’m not sure why he’s even commenting on DCFC anymore.

One of my concerns amongst so many is even if we come out of this on the other side somehow still existing as a club in its current guise will the EFL ever remove the embargo on us.

The idea of being in L1 with -15pts and an embargo sounds daft and would probably result in another relegation.

Might as well take us to the wall and start off a new phoenix club in L2 just so we are left alone. Then by the time we are back in the limelight the EFL are as good as defunct. 

Edited by kingsy1884

51 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Or does it. Eventually different usage would be approved to bring income/jobs to the city. Perhaps Mel's plan changed from the premier league to s new covered arena as he thinks he can recoup losses that way. Who knows how his mind works? 

I can`t see that MSD would have accepted the Stadium as security if it had no residual value. I would imagine it`s been thoroughly researched.

16 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

They brought in these rules to punish clubs going into administration and then coming out with no debts and gaining a competitive advantage. How many clubs were doing this to warrant the rules coming in?! 
In addition surely when the EFL brought in FFP/P&S they should have reduced any penalties for going into admin, given you now have further penalties anyway 

To be honest, I don’t think it matters how many previous cases there were. You only need one incident of a club taking advantage of the situation to walk away from their debts Scot free for it to be right to change the rules. If the EFL had foreseen it could happen they would probably have included the sanction in their rules before any club had done it.

35 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

The 21 point deduction is severe in itself but the restrictions placed on us in terms of making new signings and offering new contracts to existing players is destroying our club further.

This is a huge point.

The points deduction alone is not the end of the "punishment". It is far more than just that.

The EFL - being the governing body - should be there to protect its members, not obliterate them.

I dunno if this has been said ? but the EFL are just not fit for purpose.

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This is a huge point.

The points deduction alone is not the end of the "punishment". It is far more than just that.

The EFL - being the governing body - should be there to protect its members, not obliterate them.

It’s such a mess of a situation, the EFL haven’t covered themselves in glory that’s for sure. It is fair to say they are not the root cause of this and are one of many contributing factors to our current predicament.
The embargoes have strangled the club further, however in a moment of brief objectivity I can see how reckless it would be to allow a club crippled by debt and with no guarantee of future existence to increase it’s cost base beyond the current season. What would have been a potential short term solution in our favour would have been things like allowing Jagielka to re-sign once Marshall was gone, Jagielka and potentially just A.N Other up front could have made the difference. But I guess the EFL could see that and naturally didn’t want to allow it.

Urgh the whole thing hurts my head. The only black and white element to the situation is the kit. The last few years have been such a murky decline from the highs of just before kick off in that playoff final against QPR. MM and SP messed things up, ran the club in such a dangerous way, Covid compounded things, the EFL made things more difficult, and the vultures joined in for their moment of fun. I just want an end to the whole sordid affair and some sort of hope the future, ideally with new ownership announced and a gradual rebuild with the club ram sustainably from then until eternity. 

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This is a huge point.

In my opinion the major problem we've had is that Wayne and his threadbare squad were just too bloody good in the first half of the season. If we'd been rubbish, the -21 would have almost guaranteed relegation by Xmas and EFL/Boro may have taken their knee off our necks in time for a PB in January which would have enabled us to possibly sign players and renew contracts.

From a PB perspective, if they'd bought/got moving in Jan they would have probably been looking at a championship club.......and if we'd been rubbish they'd have been pretty much buying a L1 club but with the prospect of a decent squad.

As it is, we've still got a sniff of staying up and they can't let that happen - minus 12 has always guaranteed relegation in the past so minus 21 MUST guarantee relegation.

Once that's confirmed I think they'll leave us alone but in a terrible state.

Paradoxically, totally over-achieving this season may lead to several seasons of pain and even liquidation.