The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-makes-key-claim-involving-derby-county-and-mike-ashley-after-binnie-family-rejection/

Is Nixon trying to undermine Derby County all of a sudden or is he scaremongering 

There's nothing more in that report than could have been cobbled together by someone reading through a few pages of this thread and précising it. All the 'ifs' and 'buts'  and 'maybes' in the article have already been expressed, at length, by people, far more knowledgeable, on the forum.

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

It is becoming more and more evident that Q are nearly as clueless as the EFL. 

Missed deadlines, terrible communication, poor statements. I wonder if they actually believe the tripe they are peddling??

Or could it be that getting higher - workable even - bids from the interested parties is proving impossible?

Simply because the debts are too high and the potential value isn't as high - especially in the current climate - as we would all like to think.

Edited by IslandExile

56 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

I`m guessing the statement of affairs on Companies House would give some idea, but the assets will have diminished a bit since that was published. I couldn`t make sense of it myself but it was well in the millions.

The majority is players registrations but, they are just book values (not like Derby to overvalue players in their books ?). Also, as you say, they will have diminished as players approach the end of their contracts or we’re forced into a fire sale.

I wonder how much they valued Joswiak at compared to how much we sold in for?

I would imagine our assets are actually worth significantly less now than the figures quoted.

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The latest statement says "The Joint Administrators have received a number of bids and ongoing expressions of interest".

So bids (plural) and other ongoing expressions of interest.

My bad I hadn’t seen the full statement just the snippet and thought that was it 

Are the administrators the ones we should really be kicking? I noticed in the statement released by the Binnies that they were more than willing to buy the club for less than what it would cost to avoid a -15 point deduction next season. Are we really sure that's not currently what they're working against, people wanting to buy the club happy to take the -15 point deduction, and they're buying time trying to avoid that situation. 

I mean, what sort of atmosphere would there be around the club towards a new owner if they happily took a -15 point deduction next season to save a few £ against paying creditors.

Without knowing the ins and outs, but reading the tea leaves, there is a narrative that the administrators are trying to avoid further penalties going forward which obviously impacts fans. I would've thought anyone coming in to buy the club would obviously want to avoid that anyway, but seemingly not. 

Edited by Ambitious

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Or could it be that getting higher - workable even - bids from the interested parties is proving impossible?

Simply because the debts are too high and the potential value isn't as high - especially in the current climate - as we would all like to think.

Absolutely. The Administrators have marketed the club to all and sundry but if the hole left to fill is just too big, that is not their fault.

I think they are giving it their very best shot to find a way out that leaves the Club in the best position possible - which in turn will result in the best outcome for creditors - and only when that process is absolutely exhausted will they go to plan B and take what they can. Given that it would appear the Club has sufficient funds to play out the season, they will probably feel they still have time to keep searching. Or perhaps more accurately, arm twisting current interested parties to get above the viability line.

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

My bad I hadn’t seen the full statement just the snippet and thought that was it 

Actually its me that is confused.. there was a statement issued today quoted in DET (but not on DCFC site)which didn't mention bids. The statement issued this week jointly with supporter groups talked about "bids" but that could also mean anything you want it to mean and not necessarily a formal unconditional bid and by the sounds of it nothing that is obviously acceptable yet.

All very frustrating and that is putting it mildly.

Edited by PistoldPete

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Are the administrators the ones we should really be kicking? I noticed in the statement released by the Binnies that they were more than willing to buy the club for less than what it would cost to avoid a -15 point deduction next season. Are we really sure that's not currently what they're working against, people wanting to buy the club happy to take the -15 point deduction, and they're buying time trying to avoid that situation. 

I mean, what sort of atmosphere would there be around the club towards a new owner if they happily took a -15 point deduction next season to save a few £ against paying creditors.

Without knowing the ins and outs, but reading the tea leaves, there is a narrative that the administrators are trying to avoid further penalties going forward which obviously impacts fans. I would've thought anyone coming in to buy the club would obviously want to avoid that anyway, but seemingly not. 

That would get pretty toxic in my view and I think the team would collapse if they knew that was coming. Very possible Rooney would walk as well. He's done more than his duty and that would just be a massive FU to his and the teams efforts.

But people with money don't give a toss about such things I suppose.

Is it also the case the Binnies low balled it on the understanding if they were the only formal offer the administrators would be obliged to accept it? Then Q go, oh wait, we think we can get better offers?

It's pretty clear no one is going to take us over with continuing Rooney's good work towards a positive future. Disaster capitalism is the name of the game.

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely agree with all of this other than "to save a few £" - think it's going to be a lot more than a few!

There seems to be a bit of a fans' narrative that the admins have just been sitting on three perfectly reasonable, fully-formed bids while stroking their beards and counting their cash. I strongly suspect what's actually been happening is that they have been desperately trying to a) convert "interest" into solid bids, and b) negotiate these bids into a position where they allow us to exit administration, preferably without an extra 15 point penalty. And that isn't just a matter of negotiating with the "bidders" but with HMRC, too.

I would agree that their communication has been poor but in truth, what are they supposed to say? If the situation is worse than we think then does it really help to start announcing that publicly? Will that encourage higher bids, or will it do the exact opposite?

We all want there to be a villain here, a block, a nice simple scapegoat who is to blame for us being unable to get out of the situation. The sad fact is that the main problem now might simply be that no one is going to pay the amount we need to move forward, at least without a 15 point penalty next season. We are in a financial mess and our remaining "assets" (including players we'd like to secure on contracts, but can't) are losing value by the day. 

Maybe it isn't the admins fault we can't find someone to pay £50m for a stricken championship club who are very likely to be playing in the third tier next season. Maybe it just isn't possible.

Edited by vonwright

39 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Joint Administrators have received a number of bids and ongoing expressions of interest

Exactly Bid And Exptessions of interest - so there a bids on the table alongside other expressions of interest Yet you only commented about one not the other

Is it just me who is concerned about the language being used? why use 'interested parties' instead of 'bidders'. I might be completely paranoid but that language makes it sound like there is not an actual bid on offer but rather people/groups sniffing around the club. I understand the administration process for us is immensely complex but they really need to get this completed as soon as possible now and I'm not sure why they've binned off the Binnie's unless someone has actually put in a substantially higher bid.

Rooney seems to be sick of it (I don't blame him) and we're going to need a semblance of a squad for our championship/league 1 campaign next season. The players will only have so much loyalty, Curtis Davies said in his first post-match interview against Huddersfield that he only signed on for us this season because it was us but I fear next season loyalty to the club may be stretched to breaking point for a lot of our players out of contract. If we're in a position where we are struggling to sign players and our out contract players leave then we won't have a squad. It feels as if the club is slowly being murdered and lots of people are simply saying 'be patient'. 

I’m starting to fear the worst now. I thought it was the Middlesbrough problem to start but it’s quite clear no one is prepared to cover the debts left. Rooney is giving the message about being worried. Not heard that before. I’m not sure where this will end up. I suspect Binnies were the only proper bid. Any others are discussing figures to get to a bid. I think we will go under too much debt to cover.