The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, alram said:

why? its a relevenat point isnt it

if they dont have certainty dont set deadlines for people

i am sick to the back teeth of being told it will happen on X date then nothing happens

They never set a deadline, they said they expect the last bits, which are out of their hands, to be complete today.  Just because something is expected to happen on a certain day, doesn’t make it a deadline.

4 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Honestly next season will be much more testing as a brand new squad of misfits put together with no money, with a new manager... I'll be happy to have a team that stays up and being able to just follow the football.

Fans going on sky thinking we'll be back in the prem have just got very overexcited.

Yeh agree! Id be happy to stay a float in league 1 next season and build for 23/24! You live in hope though, best case scenario were playing forest, leeds and leicester in the championship 23/24 ???

8 minutes ago, alram said:

why? its a relevenat point isnt it

if they dont have certainty dont set deadlines for people

i am sick to the back teeth of being told it will happen on X date then nothing happens

Because you said  “deadline” again. ?

I agree, some of the earlier expectations have proved to have been optimistic (to put it mildly) but this does seem to have been realistic. They might have been wiser to say “before the end of the week”.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A whole lot better. I hope you understand the difference between the two.

Deadline-the latest time or date by which something should be completed.

Target Date-the date set for an event or for the completion of a project, goal, or quota.

Miss either it’s not great is it 

9 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Honestly next season will be much more testing as a brand new squad of misfits put together with no money, with a new manager... I'll be happy to have a team that stays up and being able to just follow the football.

Fans going on sky thinking we'll be back in the prem have just got very overexcited.

We might be back in the prem……….

It just might take 10-15 years!!!!

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

What is the meaning behind Waiting for Godot?

The play is a typical example of the Theatre of the Absurd, and people use the phrase 'waiting for Godot' to describe a situation where they are waiting for something to happen, but it probably never will...

I was dreading this moment, but it was just a matter of time, and now it's confirmed.

@Ellafella is officially the first forum member to go doolally, and start talking/posting to themselves/answering their own questions! 

#sad day!  

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Because you said  “deadline” again. ?

I agree, some of the earlier expectations have proved to have been optimistic (to put it mildly) but this does seem to have been realistic. They might have been wiser to say “before the end of the week”.

Had they said that though, the same people complaining about them setting 'deadlines' would be complaining that they're showing no urgency and letting it all drag out.

There's no winning with people who's opinion flip-flops depending whichever way suits their predetermined view that someone else is in the wrong. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

5 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Deadline-the latest time or date by which something should be completed.

Target Date-the date set for an event or for the completion of a project, goal, or quota.

Miss either it’s not great is it 

Target date”:

noun

the date set or aimed at for the commencement, fulfillment, or completion of some effort:

I think it’s pretty clear what they were trying to say is Wednesday was they day they were hoping and expecting completion and not a deadline date by when it needed to be completed. To miss a deadline is far more serious than to miss a target date. But, whatever. It’s just something that bugs me when folk keep talking about missed deadlines. Perhaps I should post it on the “things that annoy me and should” thread instead.?