The Administration Thread

Boycie

53 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So he could send you over the top to face the German machine guns whilst he drank 15 pints and puked in the officers' mess fire you mean. Anyway, I've noticed in recent days that you've developed a penchant for posting in rhyme. Despite your obvious expert grasp of a veritable myriad of subjects, I hadn't expected poetry to be amongst them. Can I therefore just say that this newly-revealed talent, your 'Mike Ashley in a fight' rhetoric and your devotion to all things EFL has inspired me to try my hand. Squeezing all these elements into a humble limerick proved challenging for a novice, but unsurprisingly I found iambic pentameter beyond me. 

Hope you like it!

86 x

Our Kev

There once was man who did prattle,
Always posting pro-EFL tattle,
Gave more credence to them,
Than his fellow Derby men,
Not a man you’d trust in a battle.

Sorry missed this from the second marker. Please note the last 2 lines in particular :

The anapest metric must show the following pattern: 

(da) da DA da da DA da da DA (da) (da)

(da) da DA da da DA (da)

(da) da DA da da DA (da)

(you can leave off the syllables in parentheses.)

But 1, 2 and 5 should match each other, and 3 and 4 should match.

Certain members seem determined to knock spots off each other at every opportunity to no real purpose at all.

Can I suggest you meet up at Clowes stadium at dawn where my wife will present you a vast choice of handbags to pick from. You can swing away to your hearts content.

Avoid the one with blood on the buckle; the result of an ill timed look at a passing pair of hot-pants!

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Sorry missed this from the second marker. Please note the last 2 lines in particular :

(da) da DA da da DA (da)

(da) da DA da da DA (da)

Thought you were imitating a police siren.

Jeez it’s astonishing how some people can grasp the point that’s being made re investors!

1. Clowse buys the ground and the club with his own cash - this saves the club, gets us out of administration and allows us to start trading, signing players, offering contracts etc.

2. AFTER he’s the new owner, he THEN need more investors to buy some of his shares off him, reduce his financial exposure, and share the losses. This can obviously take weeks, months or longer. But he’s prepared to stand the losses on his own for a period of time. We don’t know how long that period is, but I doubt it would be more than a year. Because although he’s a fan, he’s not stupid.

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

(da) da DA da da DA (da)

(da) da DA da da DA (da)

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I quite like the idea that we run ourselves much more sustainably and that would imply more financial backing isn't a pre-requisite. 

However, I see a big disconnect between what many posters here are expecting in terms of incoming and what a modest rescue package and EFL business plan will allow.

I am thinking of a Bolton scenario, where we have a small young squad and a loyal band of followers who get that it is all going to take time.

I could live with that, I am unsure how many more could. 10,000? 

I am not sure how reflective of the active supporter base this forum actually is as all my match-going mates will 100% be there whatever the circumstances. I don't know any floating supporters so don't really know how they are thinking.

I would much rather a couple of years of sensible consolidation and astute additions than going full tilt at promotion. That said, given there aren’t many teams at this level who really throw money at it and our revenue should certainly be up there, I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive.

I have a huge amount of respect for what Rooney did here but I think being sensible will be much easier without him. The links to Hourihane as an example, no doubt would have been an excellent signing at this level but a 3 year deal for a 31 year old, no doubt paying him the absolute top amount we possibly could just smacks of lessons not being learned. 

4 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

Jeez it’s astonishing how some people can grasp the point that’s being made re investors!

1. Clowse buys the ground and the club with his own cash - this saves the club, gets us out of administration and allows us to start trading, signing players, offering contracts etc.

2. AFTER he’s the new owner, he THEN need more investors to buy some of his shares off him, reduce his financial exposure, and share the losses. This can obviously take weeks, months or longer. But he’s prepared to stand the losses on his own for a period of time. We don’t know how long that period is, but I doubt it would be more than a year. Because although he’s a fan, he’s not stupid.

It's not rocket science is it!

My take in Rooney resigning is; 

i believe Rooney’s contract of circa £90k a week (£4.68m a year) was being entirely funded through 32Red and that deal ends on 30th June. Even if a new club purchaser wanted to keep Rooney, I doubt very much that the business plan going forward and agreed with the EFL would allow for £4.68m wages to Rooney and if it did allow for its inclusion, it would have to be ‘squared ‘ with the other staff, players wages. 
it would be financial suicide to commit potentially 1/3rd of wages. I get to a single manager.
I think Rooney realised that and also due to his he’s been screwed at every point in his short tenure, I doubt very much Rooney wanted to continue with that formula, especially as his ‘potential signings’ would have been facilitated through Stretford et al a nd now he’s not in the equation, those potential signings look dead in the water. 
I actually think Rooney has done us a favour by saving the club £4.68m in wages cost, that can now potentially be used to rebuild the squad , presumably under Rosenoir’s leadership ?? 

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

I quite like the idea that we run ourselves much more sustainably and that would imply more financial backing isn't a pre-requisite. 

However, I see a big disconnect between what many posters here are expecting in terms of incoming and what a modest rescue package and EFL business plan will allow.

I am thinking of a Bolton scenario, where we have a small young squad and a loyal band of followers who get that it is all going to take time.

I am not sure how reflective of the active supporter base this forum actually is as all my match-going mates will 100% be there whatever the circumstances. I don't know any floating supporters so don't really know how they are thinking.

Clubs need to show ambition to keep fans engaged, that’s the nature of the beast, we can sustain and compete in League One. The Championship is a different matter, that’s when investment will be required in order to compete. 

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Very well put, some are expecting promotion next season already, we won't be allowed any major signings and wages will be capped for 2 years if creditors are being paid 25%. Rebuild and survive next season has to be the objective.

Wages are capped for everyone based on turnover. Ours will be the biggest turnover in the division so we will have an Advantage .. which we haven’t had for the last 15 years in the Championship.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Wages are capped for everyone based on turnover. Ours will be the biggest turnover in the division so we will have an Advantage .. which we haven’t had for the last 15 years in the Championship.

We will be restricted by the EFL on what we can offer, the turnover situation doesn't come into it while we are paying the creditors.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

We will be restricted by the EFL on what we can offer, the turnover situation doesn't come into it while we are paying the creditors.

Genuine question, what if the winning bid involves paying creditors the required minimum % up front rather than over 3 years? Do you think we’ll still have such EFL restrictions (over and above the turnover based limit) in place?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Genuine question, what if the winning bid involves paying creditors the required minimum % up front rather than over 3 years? Do you think we’ll still have such EFL restrictions (over and above the turnover based limit) in place?

If we don't pay all creditors in full yes, the payment of 25%/35% only stops us getting a 15 point deduction. 

10 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

My take in Rooney resigning is; 

i believe Rooney’s contract of circa £90k a week (£4.68m a year) was being entirely funded through 32Red and that deal ends on 30th June. Even if a new club purchaser wanted to keep Rooney, I doubt very much that the business plan going forward and agreed with the EFL would allow for £4.68m wages to Rooney and if it did allow for its inclusion, it would have to be ‘squared ‘ with the other staff, players wages. 
it would be financial suicide to commit potentially 1/3rd of wages. I get to a single manager.
I think Rooney realised that and also due to his he’s been screwed at every point in his short tenure, I doubt very much Rooney wanted to continue with that formula, especially as his ‘potential signings’ would have been facilitated through Stretford et al a nd now he’s not in the equation, those potential signings look dead in the water. 
I actually think Rooney has done us a favour by saving the club £4.68m in wages cost, that can now potentially be used to rebuild the squad , presumably under Rosenoir’s leadership ?? 

Is that right?

I understood that Rooney first came as a player on a 2 year contract with 32Red paying all of, or at least the bulk of his wages.

He became manager during his second year with us, and has now been with us for 3 years overall.

So did the 32Red deal get extended, and if so, for how long and at what figure. Surely it can't have been at the same figure as when he was coming as a player?

I could be totally wrong, but does anybody actually know?

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If we don't pay all creditors in full yes, the payment of 25%/35% only stops us getting a 15 point deduction. 

But we’re never going to pay the creditors in full. So, are the extra restrictions only for a set period of time (sorry, I’m sure the answer is somewhere easy to find myself but I’m too lazy/cold here on holiday ?).

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Oh and you need to learn to proofread*

Do you want some coaching via PM?

*You've omitted a full stop. Bit embarrassing for someone offering proofreading tuition! That said, anyone can make a mistake and you've kindly offered to coach me, so it would be rather churlish to refuse your offer. Let me try proofing your post and we can call this my first lesson. Obviously it'll be devoid of errors, or you'd look a complete fool, but we have to start somewhere.

The rhyming is impeccable and content apposite. You wisely avoid those two easily confused words, infer and imply. BUT (sadly it’s a very big but) - 2 out of 5 lines don’t scan !!! 

Proofreader's notes: Use of multiple exclamation marks does not add emphasis, it's something 10 year-old children do when texting. Please refrain. Please also avoid inserting random spacing before any form of punctuation. It's unnecessary and grammatically incorrect.

(I-Ram has the same problem. What it is with you guys ? No sense of  rhythm -  are you by any chance a $hit dancer too ? )

Proofreader's notes: No less than 3 of the same spacing issues as detailed above, I'm afraid. That's no less than five separate grammar errors in a single post. On a stylistic note, though not grammatically incorrect, use of basic profanity adds nothing, it merely indicates a rather limited vocabulary unbefitting of a proofreading professional. 

Grade:

Summary: Sorry Kev, but on reflection, I might pass on your offer and seek tuition from someone whose first language is English. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But we’re never going to pay the creditors in full. So, are the extra restrictions only for a set period of time (sorry, I’m sure the answer is somewhere easy to find myself but I’m too lazy/cold here on holiday ?).

Whilst the plan to pay creditors remains in place.

Hope you are enjoying your hols, weather not too bad here just up from Tamworth.

19 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Is that right?

I understood that Rooney first came as a player on a 2 year contract with 32Red paying all of, or at least the bulk of his wages.

He became manager during his second year with us, and has now been with us for 3 years overall.

So did the 32Red deal get extended, and if so, for how long and at what figure. Surely it can't have been at the same figure as when he was coming as a player?

I could be totally wrong, but does anybody actually know?

Yes,but probably no one on this forum

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

Same here, I'm not one for getting to the promised land, I'm looking forward to watching football at 3pm on a Saturday, Seeing my mates in the pub before and after the game on a Saturday, Congratulate all when we win, Have a bloody good moan when we lose, For me it's what Saturday games are for ?