The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Will you have breakfast with this one too?

I would expect a class act like Brother David to supply Sausages AND Bacon AND Toast.

I suspect however that his sterwardship will be understated and he will not seek validation and attempt to win over fans in the same way Mel did.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What good news. Morris no longer has any say in the way forward of our great club.

MSD should be fully repaid too as part of the deal, and whilst we will never know the ins and outs it should be acknowledged that they hung tough for us, advancing further monies when they had easier pathways to achieve debt repayment.

Thank you to the Clowes group in securing our foundations, and now hopefully they, and any other investors they want to work with, can start the rebuild that is necessary after Morris’s almost total demolition of the Club.

Not sure this is strictly true. Mel is still one of our major creditors, so surely would have a say in any deal struck with creditors to exit administration. He has one foot out of the door, just one more boot should do it.

Seen a few people stating why didn't Clowes step in earlier. Maybe as a business and personally they weren't confident enough to commit to such a heavy investment which more than likely they'll never see a return on. They may have secured more business on new developments, helping fund the potential takeover.

To echo David, I'm just delighted someone is willing to spend millions of pounds into the club that is a complete money pit and financially is in such a poor state of affairs.

Edited by SouthStandDan

12 minutes ago, TomG said:

Now I don't want to sound like a 'Killjoy', but with DC being a wealthy, local businessman who is also a life-long Derby County fan, have we not all heard something not too dissimilar to this before from a certain Mel Morris?  Just sayin'!

This is what the Mel Morris era has done to you. Cynical.

Edited by Rammy03

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I alluded to this last night. Clowes is a reluctant hero/owner, whereas Morris' ownership was fuelled by Ego and delusions of grandeur. It was evident at Breakfast Club that he wanted to be regarded as a god-like being for splashing his cash.

I am convinced Clowes will become owner out of love and duty.

On a slightly more practical side, he's probably got a good idea of the business plan proposed between cK and the EFL and decided he can fund the club to that level.

I think as a business man whose expertise is property he probably was first attracted by the possibility of getting PP for a song. It's a great addition to their property portfolio. Obviously it's not that good an investment without a football club so having become the owner last week he probably thought the best move to guarantee an income was to make sure he had a team to play in it.

46 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

My condolences on your loss, really sorry to hear that.  Spot on post @Mostyn6 - sums up my feelings too.  I may not be Derby born, nor live nearby but I've followed this club for some 45 years and the thought of us disappearing has had a big impact on my own well-being not least going through my own struggles.  The fact that we now genuinely look like we're saved is a huge weight of my mind and I can't wait to just focus on the football going forward, even if it is, as you say, likely to be pretty tough.  COYR!