The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The Clowes group are wealthy .

Anyhow I hope it happens 

Goodnight folks 

Net assets c 250m according to latest accounts. Turnover sub 100m

It's profitable and a nice business but I wouldn't say wealthy. 

Not much bigger than dcfc in terms of turnover. 

Owning Derby would soon chew through those net assets. Its about half a MM, or 20 Anyas...... 

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Whilst this is obviously looking like more positive news than anything, there are some questions. There was an article in 2018 in the Leicester Mercury that I've found online which listed the richest businessmen in the East Midlands. Clowes is 19th with £252mil (for reference, MM was 11th at £500mil at this time). So he's clearly been a very wealthy man for a long time. He's apparently a lifelong Derby fan. We've been in administration for 9 months. Why has it taken this long for him reach this stage? Is it because Kirchner's false promises eclipsed any other realistic interest? Or is literally everybody involved determined to squeeze every last possible drop out of this deal? 

I sincerely hope the interest is genuine and successful, and by the sounds of it, we'll know either way in a very short period of time. If we can complete a takeover before the end of June when the contracts expire, then that'll be excellent news and still give us the possibility of giving this season a shot.

Maybe he didn’t want to have to do this, but we’re so close to the brink he doesn’t have a choice now. I’ll back him all the way if he saves us, no matter how long it took for him to become a front runner.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Also had an estimated wealth of 252 million in 2018. Adding 50 million quid on from the previous year. 

Property developers like Kirkland seemed to have made money through the pandemic too. I'd like to think he's amassed North of 300 million by now. Obviously not all spare cash. 

I'd say he has the money to finance a League One promotion and then a lower to mid table Championship club. Which will do. 

The problem is that additional wealth is unlikely to be liquid and only becomes tangible by selling all or part of the family business. 

Just now, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

The problem is that additional wealth is unlikely to be liquid and only becomes tangible by selling all or part of the family business. 

Mike Ashley would also have to sell the sports direct shares to fund the club

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Net assets c 250m according to latest accounts. Turnover sub 100m

It's profitable and a nice business but I wouldn't say wealthy. 

Not much bigger than dcfc in terms of turnover. 

Owning Derby would soon chew through those net assets. Its about half a MM, or 20 Anyas...... 

Turnover is vanity; profit is sanity.  

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.png.06a488091a1b61e5ec1b1b4977c10d59.png

I thought the exclusivity thing had been ditched and it was 'best and final' bid? No wonder everyone thinks Q are absolute ....ers.

Presumably this was the best of the final bids.  At some point they are going to have to give exclusivity to someone - no bidder is going to start forking out for legal fees and stuff unless they have some guarantees. In and done within a week is *much* shorter than the exclusivity period Kirchner was given.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Presumably this was the best of the final bids.  At some point they are going to have to give exclusivity to someone - no bidder is going to start forking out for legal fees and stuff unless they have some guarantees. In and done within a week is *much* shorter than the exclusivity period Kirchner was given.

Clowes also has the advantage of being close to part of the process already, allegedly being close to owning Pride Park alongside the failed CK bid he/his legal team will have done a massive amount of due diligence on the stadium deal already

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The Clowes group are wealthy .

Anyhow I hope it happens 

Goodnight folks 

Good night mate, you’ve got some else to champion now.  Let’s hope it’s sorted soon.