The Administration Thread

Boycie

49 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Andy Appleby says his bid for Derby County is in its "final strokes" as he looks to save the club's future and seal a return to the Rams.

The American businessman conducted an interview with Crain's Detroit Business amid plans to expand the United Shore Professional Baseball League. In the piece, printed earlier today (Tuesday), Appleby did not go into full detail over his bid for Derby but told Crains in a six-word update: "It's down to the final strokes."

The publication also said that Appleby was optimistic about his bid and expects to learn the outcome this week."

This would make me happy.

6 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

I’d even take back Jewell as Manager if it meant saving the club ? ???

I wonder if/when AA signs on the dotted line we’ll get ‘that’ When Harry Met Sally moment…

It must be the first time that the words 'Jewell' and 'save the club' have been written in the same sentence for a fair old while

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Is it a curse or just the fact that we’ve had a lot of d******** running the club over the years? 

Well the curse was lifted by gypsies just before the 1946 FA Cup Final...so could be a little truth that there was something mystic going on

42 minutes ago, DublinRam said:

Am I right in thinking it’s only the submission of the bid in its final steps , not the actual takeover?

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to interpret that bit.

Is the bid in its 'final strokes', or the deal? I feel like more would have been made of this if it were the latter.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

The good thing about Appleby is that you know he actually wants the club. He cares about the club and the people of Derby. You know that we will be in safe hands.

Indeed. This is why I hope he gets it. He has no previous ties to the club or area, but clearly enjoyed his last involvement.

Yes they ran the club in a fairly austere manner (far too austere for some of our highly strung entitled fans), but at least they we’re trying to make the club relatively sustainable.

I’d happily return to that type ownership, given where we find ourselves!

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I was really low last night I was talking my mum I would destroyed if derby goes.

Hang in there buddy.

Hopefully, Appleby will take over soon and this nightmare will be over. If not him, it could be Ashley or somebody else.

But there will always be a Derby County and the fun will start up again soon. COYR ?

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed. This is why I hope he gets it. He has no previous ties to the club or area, but clearly enjoyed his last involvement.

Yes they ran the club in a fairly austere manner (far too austere for some of our highly strung entitled fans), but at least they we’re trying to make the club relatively sustainable.

I’d happily return to that type ownership, given where we find ourselves!

Better an austere club then no club at all, for the time being any way?

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hang in there buddy.

Hopefully, Appleby will take over soon and this nightmare will be over. If not him, it could be Ashley or somebody else.

But there will always be a Derby County and the fun will start up again soon. COYR ?

Well one thing when we had appley before we had wins over forest now but one thing is for sure there wont be silly spend but more danceable spending and he will got good links to good players in the uk and in the states and other parts of the world.