The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

That's since they made Wayne a freeman of Derby!

If he gets the same priviledges as I do in the Smoke for being a Freeman of the City of London, he aint allowed to take his flock over Exeter Bridge in town anytime soon!   ???

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

To be fair if we accepted the -15 now we'd probably still be able to assemble a decent squad and have an outside chance of making the play offs. Its the messing around and likelihood of another relegation battle which really rubs me up the wrong way about MA and others stance on our price. 

Most people had MA down as the preferred bidder months back, with them predicting us in league 1 on -15 and yet because of Q and CK's ineptitude we're still in no mans land.  

-15 points kills the season for me. We desperately need a rebuild at all playing levels and even if saved would be subject to significant restrictions based on business plan and P&L. A points deduction makes another relegation a very real threat.

I'm utterly sick of this club getting a kicking. Another points deduction would IMHO be a hammer blow for morale for players and fans alike.

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

To be fair if we accepted the -15 now we'd probably still be able to assemble a decent squad and have an outside chance of making the play offs. Its the messing around and likelihood of another relegation battle which really rubs me up the wrong way about MA and others stance on our price. 

Most people had MA down as the preferred bidder months back, with them predicting us in league 1 on -15 and yet because of Q and CK's ineptitude we're still in no mans land.  

the problem is, I doubt there is an "accepting -15".

It's either Golden Share and out of Admin, or out of business. Not sure where the idea that we can land somewhere in between came from.

1 minute ago, Alty_Ram said:

-15 points kills the season for me. We desperately need a rebuild at all playing levels and even if saved would be subject to significant restrictions based on business plan and P&L. A points deduction makes another relegation a very real threat.

I'm utterly sick of this club getting a kicking. Another points deduction would IMHO be a hammer blow for morale for players and fans alike.

Totally agree. This talk of getting a -15 points deduction and still being in contention for the play offs as things stand is plain fantasy......we would struggle to stay up.....

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

It's either Golden Share and out of Admin, or out of business. Not sure where the idea that we can land somewhere in between came from.

The EFL insolvency rules require 25% to preferred creditors (HMRC) or 35% over 3 years. If you fail to exit admin in that way it is -15

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

If MA for example didn't give the creditors a certain percentage I thought......

12 minutes ago, RedSox said:

If he gets the same priviledges as I do in the Smoke for being a Freeman of the City of London, he aint allowed to take his flock over Exeter Bridge in town anytime soon!   ???

When I lived in Newcastle, the Freemen of the city were allowed to graze their cattle on the moor. And they did.

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Yeah, I don't really get it either.  They have to be thinking they can get Morris to clear most, if not all, of the MSD debt and just hand the stadium over - it's the only obvious weak point.  But I'd be amazed if Morris's reply is anything other than "I literally don't have the cash to pay it off".  Obviously it depends whether you believe that's actually true or not etc, but he definitely won't have £20m+ just sat in a bank account somewhere, at best we'll be waiting while he scrabbles around for it.

There's obviously some wiggle room with HMRC etc, but I suspect it's not anywhere enough for the type of deal that Ashley seems to be wanting.

And Ashley must know this, surely? I don't really understand what his proposition is, or what he thinks he's going to end up with. A club on -15pts some say, but if we take the administrators at their word then more likely he ends up with a still-extremely expensive start-up side in the No More Nails East Division 27.

Edited by vonwright

9 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Terrible but better than liquidation I guess. The way the club has been treated by Morris/EFL and others is criminal. The EFL have a lot of questions to answer. Morris disgraceful. Q as well.

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s Birch and the EFL are trying to sort the ‘back up’ funding for the season now whilst the admins sort out the takeover bits (or something like that anyway). If the takeover is gonna take a bit of time then just to confirm we can be in the league and sort some contracts out would be a start 

1 hour ago, NottmRAM said:

If you think starting the season in league one with a squad of free agents is pie in the sky fantasy, please list all the parties you will be attending this year and I will make sure I have other plans.

I wish people would stop being so cynical and pessimistic.

Have you been on the drink? People on here ( along with fantasy island kirch) talking promotion tilts next season with our players staying , manager staying and on mega money , players attracted to the club by said manager despite the state it’s in and a toss up whether they get they’re wages at the end of every month and a bounce straight back promotion push ,

the fantasist has left the building , now let’s get down to the real business of finding out what actual business people are prepared to pay when they fully intend to pay up and buy the club in the state it’s in 

do people actually not realise that our club is teetering on the verge of extinction and just being saved at this point is far from a given , anything beyond that is a bonus ,

now I’m just off to talk to the fairies at the bottom of my garden to see if there’s any parties comming up

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s Birch and the EFL are trying to sort the ‘back up’ funding for the season now whilst the admins sort out the takeover bits (or something like that anyway). If the takeover is gonna take a bit of time then just to confirm we can be in the league and sort some contracts out would be a start 

I fixed for you ?

It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s Birch and the EFL are trying to sort the ‘back up’ funding for the season now whilst the admins go for a long expenses funded lunch and their afternoon nap..

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Have you been on the drink? People on here ( along with fantasy island kirch) talking promotion tilts next season with our players staying , manager staying and on mega money , players attracted to the club by said manager despite the state it’s in and a toss up whether they get they’re wages at the end of every month and a bounce straight back promotion push ,

the fantasist has left the building , now let’s get down to the real business of finding out what actual business people are prepared to pay when they fully intend to pay up and buy the club in the state it’s in 

do people actually not realise that our club is teetering on the verge of extinction and just being saved at this point is far from a given , anything beyond that is a bonus ,

now I’m just off to talk to the fairies at the bottom of my garden to see if there’s any parties comming up

Whilst its now looking that you're right. People have been told by CK and others in the media that he was the saviour and that everything was gonna be rosey, can't blame people for being open to that idea.

Its a bit of a shock to the system now to have the axe centimetres away from our heads. 

Fans, media, analysts have to assign some blame on the EFL - remember, they bounced CK (and possibly other bids?) 6 months ago - before Christmas - when they folded their arms, smiled and told Q they could not name a PB because of the parasite claims.

Yes there was the stadium issue but bidders could not move to action if they could not quantify the parasite claims or learn a definite creditor status of those claims.

That served to defer progress for Q & suitors on all other requirements, had they met Q's bid thresholds. It also served EFL's hidden agenda of appeasement to parasites and others to make Q & Rooney look foolish when declaring they hope for January squad reinforcements - because 'assured relegation' had to play out.

So not only did Derby fail to sign or retain wanted players, they had to shed 14 more in order to cobble together the cashflow to get to May.

Q & EFL also failed to know, learn or pursue the alleged CK money routes in train to ensure deal completion and financial salvation - for 2 months! Diabolical lack of duty, given the approval of CK in the fit & proper tests.

S H A M B L E S

29 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

As far as I’m aware, CK’s offer was the lowest possible to suit creditors and not get 15 point penalty. It’s highly unlikely anyones gonna pay that or they would have by now. So if we’re saved I expect the minus 15.

Nah, we could still avoid minus 15 points if someone paid 25% over two years and if it was Ashley he easily has the money