The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He was never a timewaster, it just sounds like his money was just under too much smoke and mirrors. It's possible he has made money on investments that the UK frowns upon or bans, or something along those lines. It could be that he's the front for another investor/s who is involved in nefarious means? Lots of possibilities

This is an error of the EFLs Owners and Directors Test, and Quantuma

I don't think it's right to say he was a tire-kicker. He obviously has the money, there's no way he'd have got this far otherwise. What would he have gained out of this otherwise? You'd have to be incredibly bored and have more money than sense to waste all this time and money on getting the deal sorted only to muck about at the end. It doesn't add up

Agreed.  I thought, or maybe I hoped, he’d come good.  Whatever happens now and whoever ends up buying us needs to happen quick. Unfortunately, with a little under 7 weeks to the start of the season and, if nothing changes, 5 players on the books we really are the beggars who can’t be choosers.

I think the chances are that no-one will match CK’s terms so it’s now a case of best offer wins and accept that -15 points is a likely outcome.  But let’s get there quickly to give us fighting chance.

The main concern is Rooney and those players out of contract.  If I was one of them and read that news and I have another offer on the table, the head might start to rule the heart.

20 minutes ago, Yani P said:

“We are aware that some will be concerned by this news, however, the joint administrators wish to reassure the club’s staff, players and supporters that they are continuing to actively engage with a growing number of interested parties, each of whom have a real willingness to complete a deal as soon as possible.”

A growing number????  Was 1 now 2????

Was 1, now 1.06.

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Deeply suspicious that any new ownership deal will be sewn up quickly

Q have to pick a winner, and then go from there. If they achieve in days what  took well over a month with Kirchner from having his bid accepted to the deal (finally not) closing then what excuse do Q have?

They're currently being kicked up the @rse by the EFL though.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have a feeling Kirchner will crop up at another club and Rooney will no doubt follow.

I wonder if at the 11th hour, well 11.59, if he has decided there is a cheaper option out there.

Time will tell.

I think it’ll take some convincing for another club to take him seriously after the fiasco here and what happened at PNE.

The thing that has frustrated me since the beginning of the 'issues' with moving the money from the US to the UK - did someone check this would be an issue? It can't be only until they 'try' to send the funds that the AML police flag it - surely? Would it not be part of the planning even in December when he was attempting the first time, or in the attempt to purchase Preston?

Suppose it matters little now.

On the plus side, and probably seeing this glass-half-full but it's needed within all the doom and gloom, it would appear that CK has copped for all the hard work - putting the deal together, approval of the creditors and so on. It should now be (if only a little) more straightforward for the next one. We know the baseline the next bidder has to hit in order to avoid the -15, which I would hope any prospective owner would want to do. It would do so much harm to just accept the -15 just for someone to save a bob or two.

OK, let's hope that Jim Ratcliffe will do walk into Quantumas office tomorrow and slap a bag of cash on the desk, peaky blinders style, and say, there's £60m, where do I sign.

He kind of did that last minute at Chelsea and said that he doesn't need his sports teams to make money because his businesses make more than enough to support them. 

We could have a brand new shirt sponsor and play in the Ineos stadium as he pumps millions into the club. 

OK, I'm going to lie down now.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

If ‘could sign a deal tonight’ is right, perhaps it’s an insider - eg someone involved in the stadium leasing deal.  They will have good knowledge of the ck deal and so might be able to step in quickly. Seems incredible a newcomer could move that fast  

Its the hope that kills you

6 minutes ago, JfR said:

I've not seen the source, but seen a couple of people on Twitter saying that Percy's said that Morgan's back in the running

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/13/derby-county-thrust-another-crisis-chris-kirchner-withdraws/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1655146700

Edited by SaffyRam
Edited to add it’s not behind a paywall