The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

I understood he and Jez Moxey, who was CEO at Wolves under Morgan, were part of the Appleby consortium. I guess if he's pulled out of that and now going alone Appleby will have lost his major backer! 

Money on a Morgan / Clowes consortium with Jez Moxey as CEO?

I would imagine the individuals involved in that all know each other well enough - Redrow and Clowes have done plenty of property deals in the past together.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Steve Morgan to be announced as the new owner...Don't ask what my sources are as I'm not saying, Just a phone call from someone who knew about CKs probs at work 3 days ago.

Only time will tell.

I'm pinning all my hopes on this. Can you ask your source what time the announcement is being made?  ?

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Someone with conman sense finally,i have said for weeks if it comes down to the crunch MA will get the club he will not give a damm about the creditors they will be lucky to get 10p in the pound,yes we will end up with a possible points deduction for the season but again that will not worry MA,it will be take it or liquidate it

You just have to look at MAs business model at sports direct. Buy cheap stock en masses and knock it out cheap to desperate punters.

He knows that DCFC fans will still throw money at the club regardless, he just wants to pick us up cheap, bare minimum investment and take our cash at the turnstiles so to speak

We are a dodgy pair of trainers

So Admins sell all contracted players that can produce a fee. Then liquidate for whatever they can get as, with the cash in the bank, they get first dibs on it to pay their bill.

'DCFC 2022 Ltd' buys the 'assets' (brand, badge, etc) and negotiates with the EFL to enter at L2 level next season.

Is that the Mike Ashley plan?

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Do you think the if/once the EFL take the ‘golden share’ away from derby county that we’ll just keep trading and operating? The EFL not might directly liquidate us but can effectively do so 

Then if MA wants the club as much as is being spouted then he ups his offer. If he doesn't want to pay the administrators that's on his shoulders not Quantunas.

Club failing to “read the room”? Do they know there’s still hope despite the sense of doom? Did they just want to show off some lovely looking lawn work? 
So much of this doesn’t add up, evidence of prep for next season like this and Mickleover announcing a pre season friendly against us, when certain media outlets are suggesting that we’re doomed, where’s the truth I wonder? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

15 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The EFL do not have the power to do this

EFL have to either decide to liquidate derby or force the admins to take MA’s deal

This is true………however are we seriously saying that the EFL aren’t capable of applying pressure to get a preferred result?

We’ve seen it before!

Edited by Ramarena

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

You just have to look at MAs business model at sports direct. Buy cheap stock en masses and knock it out cheap to desperate punters.He knows that DCFC fans will still throw money at the club regardless, he just wants to pick us up cheap, bare minimum investment and take our cash at the turnstiles so to speak

Yeah but he'll make us wear them in the Olympics! ?

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

So Admins sell all contracted players that can produce a fee. Then liquidate for whatever they can get as, with the cash in the bank, they get first dibs on it to pay their bill.

'DCFC 2022 Ltd' buys the 'assets' (brand, badge, etc) and negotiates with the EFL to enter at L2 level next season.

I suspect it might be too late for next season.  That's the big danger now. Liquidation might have meant a Pheonix in League 2, which I believe would have been a better proposition than a hamstrung L1 club, but now I think Liquidation will be the actual end.?

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

You just have to look at MAs business model at sports direct. Buy cheap stock en masses and knock it out cheap to desperate punters.

He knows that DCFC fans will still throw money at the club regardless, he just wants to pick us up cheap, bare minimum investment and take our cash at the turnstiles so to speak

Not sure I agree with that. I get my kids football boots from Sports Direct every season and they go up to 140 quid a pair. So not that cheap and not at all dodgy. I'm also not a desperate punter.

edit: just checked and they go up to £175 per pair for kids boots.

Edited by NottmRAM

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I don't think that this business plan would be too popular with fans, especially when there is an alternative.

6 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

On another note, the Transfer Window opens today. I expect that rival Clubs will be trying it on with Quantuma.

On the bright side we don't really have any players left to sell on the cheap at least

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Club failing to “read the room”? Do they know there’s still hope despite the sense of doom? Did they just want to show off some lovely looking lawn work? 
So much of this doesn’t add up, evidence of prep for next season like this and Mickleover announcing a pre season friendly against us, when certain media outlets are suggesting that we’re doomed, where’s the truth I wonder? 

The band playing on as the ship sinks.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I suspect it might be too late for next season.  That's the big danger now. Liquidation might have meant a Pheonix in League 2, which I believe would have been a better proposition than a hamstrung L1 club, but now I think Liquidation will be the actual end.?

We are not through people still want us.