The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Doesn't make it acceptable just because people throughout history have exploited other people. Personally I don't want Ashley and if he owns the club I will not got to matches. Just my own little stand against a man whose business model I don't like. I left DW sports when he took it over. Sometimes you have to make a stand. I didn't go to matches when Robert Maxwell owned the club either. If other people support him that's fine,  that's their choice.

That's your prerogative and I respect that.

I just find it strange the continued use of the word slave if you're an employee of Ashley's as really that has no comparison whatsoever to slaves in history - they were owned by their master in the same manner as an inanimate object, they had no rights in fact criminals had more rights then they did and so on.

It's just not a valid comparison. Anyone who worked for Ashley could have left at any time they wanted.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but you were singling out the British Empire in particular when in fact the Roman Empires use of slaves predated that by hundreds of years. 

Just found it strange that you chose to mention one instance but conveniently ignore another.

Ashley got done for indirectly not paying staff minimum wage by artificially extending their working day with unpaid bag searches at the end of it.

Not sure how you can even mention the word slavery in the same breath as this. 

I’m pretty sure the French used them too around the same time. It’s easy to look back and critisise for things done in the past which are hard to comprehend. I also believe that when MA looked into the working practices at SD he sorted the issues out.

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m pretty sure the French used them too around the same time. It’s easy to look back and critisise for things done in the past which are hard to comprehend. I also believe that when MA looked into the working practices at SD he sorted the issues out.

He sure did. 

Those whistle-blowers were first against the wall.

54 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good old Thatcherism...we know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

51 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm off to Grantham at the week end...there's an egg throwing competition I've entered ?

To be fair egg throwing is a more economical activity than mining coal.

200.gif

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree and that may be why the PB status hasn't been withdrawn yet but, it must be released eventually.

As I've said before, for me the critical thing will be if the PB status is withdrawn. If it is then my money would on either the money hasn't been sent or CK can't prove it has. It should be relatively easy for him to prove the money has left his account.

Crypto is of course relatively new and will carry a higher degree of risk but I'm sure the banks will have developed an AML process for such sources of funds. In any event, MA wouldn't have any influence. 

Theyre trying to ban it. They make buying it and selling back to fiat currency as tricky as they possibly can. 

i know this first hand 

and im not even talking to the tune of whay ck is trying to move 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's your prerogative and I respect that.

I just find it strange the continued use of the word slave if you're an employee of Ashley's as really that has no comparison whatsoever to slaves in history - they were owned by their master in the same manner as an inanimate object, they had no rights in fact criminals had more rights then they did and so on.

It's just not a valid comparison. Anyone who worked for Ashley could have left at any time they wanted.

I am certainly not so uneducated to compare Mike Ashley's business model to slavery. That is just ridiculous but he has a history of exploiting people and although conditions did improve for a while recent reports have suggested a sliding back in the way the work force are treated.  As to your final point perhaps people who are employed by people like Mike Ashley are unable to find another job. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to pick and choose what work they do.

11 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Only based o

n a Facebook poll, but seems that the majority would prefer MA to CK. If the -15 points is to believed, I think they need to give their heads a wobble 

Maybe some, like me, are a little slow when it comes to Facebook and don't know how to respond with a heart (I had to Google it ?). Maybe some tried to put a heart but put a thumbs up in error.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This whole thing is making Kirchners decision to not team up with Ashley to be a pretty poor decision.

If thar was even ever a thing...who knows with the BS these hacks churn out..

21 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Doesn't make it acceptable just because people throughout history have exploited other people. Personally I don't want Ashley and if he owns the club I will not got to matches. Just my own little stand against a man whose business model I don't like. I left DW sports when he took it over. Sometimes you have to make a stand. I didn't go to matches when Robert Maxwell owned the club either. If other people support him that's fine,  that's their choice.

If he doesn't, I think that may be a moot point. 

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but you were singling out the British Empire in particular when in fact the Roman Empires use of slaves predated that by hundreds of years. 

Just found it strange that you chose to mention one instance but conveniently ignore another.

Ashley got done for indirectly not paying staff minimum wage by artificially extending their working day with unpaid bag searches at the end of it.

Not sure how you can even mention the word slavery in the same breath as this. 

According to the Guardian article I read these bag searches are now paid. And he now pays just above (3p) minimum wage (July 2020) 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jul/23/have-working-conditions-improved-at-the-sports-direct-warehouse

If you've ever chatted with the supermarket delivery drivers (about a bottle of spirits being delivered with security tag), they talk freely about the amount of goods lost to staff pilfering. Can't blame a company for instigating checks on staff leaving work.

9 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I am certainly not so uneducated to compare Mike Ashley's business model to slavery. That is just ridiculous but he has a history of exploiting people and although conditions did improve for a while recent reports have suggested a sliding back in the way the work force are treated.  As to your final point perhaps people who are employed by people like Mike Ashley are unable to find another job. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to pick and choose what work they do.

If the Landlords in Shirebrook/Bolsover didn't exploit their tenants, MAs company wouldn't have a workforce to exploit.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to the Guardian article I read these bag searches are now paid. And he now pays just above (3p) minimum wage (July 2020) 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jul/23/have-working-conditions-improved-at-the-sports-direct-warehouse

If you've ever chatted with the supermarket delivery drivers (about a bottle of spirits being delivered with security tag), they talk freely about the amount of goods lost to staff pilfering. Can't blame a company for instigating checks on staff leaving work.

Yes read an article highly critical of Ashley, making a point of saying that employees weren't allowed to wear a variety of branded footwear whilst at work.

Absolutely agree and not sure why this was even mentioned as a negative in the article at all.

If you're trying to supervise staff in a factory the size of 3 Olympic swimming pools then the potential for petty pilfering must be absolutely enormous.

43 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So you're not familiar with slavery and the British Empire then?

Besides, all of these examples do not justify Mike Ashley's employment practices.

And what personal agenda are you accusing me of having???

To be fair to MA, he had no idea that they even did the searches out of their working hours and as soon as he knew he put it right.

I’m not just saying this from things I’ve read either, I worked for him and saw it first hand.