The Administration Thread

Boycie

25 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I don't get the love for Mike Ashley

I don't think Quantuma have covered themselves in glory, but it's a reasonable question to ask here:

If MA's bid was the best for the club, why was he not the preferred bidder ?

The obvious answer is that his bid was no good

I've said all along that he's a vulture waiting to pick the bones off our corpse

Yes - MA buying the club is better than the club being liquidated, but I still think it will be a(nother) disaster if he takes over

Anyone can bid anything they want. Having the cash and liquid assets to get it done is another matter. I'm in business, filtering out time wasters is a skill you need to have. And one I would expect administrators to be adept at. Mel mentioned how many chancers come out of the woodwork himself. And he was sucked in by some too. Plenty of people will want a seat at the table, plenty of people don't deserve to even be sat in the lobby. Their bids mean nothing if nothing in the bank to back it up with. Let us hope this isn't the case here with Kirchner as the time and cost investment sunk into him by the administrators isn't insignificant. It will be as much on them if this falls through as Kirchner though. Their job isn't just the best bid IMO, it is also having adept judgement on the party most able to get a deal done. And any deal is better than no deal. 

11 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Never at all said I wanted the club to be liquidated, but when there are still options on the table, I’m amazed with how many people are willing to accept the -15.

I hate to say it but with this dragging on any longer and -15, the club will be straight down to league two and that would have massive repercussions for the club and city.

Ideal situation, any party takes over, meeting the requirements for a clean slate, beggars can’t be choosers but I just don’t believe we are quite there yet.

Not trying to be argumentative but what are the options we have?

Quantuma say they will revoke Kirchners preferred bidder status to allow whom exactly to come in? The preferred bidder status was a total joke anyway as only Kirchner put a bid in for the club if you remember.

What's going to radically change now?

Pure guesswork on my part, but maybe MA was looking to step in at the end of the original exclusivity period as he didn’t believe CK would be able to complete the deal. Q have continued to extend the preferred bidder status despite there being more than a few concerns about CK completing the deal. It now seems that MA has gone back to Q again following the Bank Holiday fiasco but they still won’t talk to him so he’s pushed out the story that things are looking bleak in the hope of forcing Qs hand….. and if reports are to be believed it seems to have worked.

Q will be reluctant to drop CK as he offers the best deal for the creditors (which they are obliged to ensure), but if he ain’t got the money, then the choice is less money via MA or Appleby or no money at all via liquidation…..

Quantuma’s brief is to get the best possible deal for the creditors - full stop.

Whilst there is still a chance of Mr Kirchner’s money appearing (whether from Money Laundering checks or not) then surely Q will have to go with him. Mr Ashley’s “deal” appears inferior and there is no guarantee that the sale of the ground ( as in the current deal ) would go ahead.

Quantuma’s fee are guaranteed to be paid - they have the first divi - so Mr Ashley cannot refuse to pay them.

As Curtains states please stop slagging off Mr Kirchner - with no current justification.

5 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Time to put it all aside until tomorrow, and relax with tonight's playlist:

Waiting In Vain - Bob Marley

Help! - The Beatles

Too Much Monkey Business - Chuck Berry

The Great Deception - Van Morrison

By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Glen Campbell

Money talks - Rick James

You Never Give Me Your Money - Beatles

Money Changes Everything - Cyndia Lauper

Money's Too Tight to mention - Simply Red

52 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Would that price mean a 15 point deduction?

Probably not if the 3 yr plan that's apparently been agreed is passed over to a new bidder.  Obviously the creditors are happy enough with the offer.  Is the keymaster who owns the ground though.

Why on earth do people think that Mike Ashley, a man who is only wanting to pay skin on bones, wants the stadium included, wants the admins to take a lower amount than they have racked up and has shown very little serious interest in acquiring the club will magically sort all of these problems out in the next 48 hours?

Some folk are living in cloud cuckoo land.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not trying to be argumentative but what are the options we have?

Quantuma say they will revoke Kirchners preferred bidder status to allow whom exactly to come in? The preferred bidder status was a total joke anyway as only Kirchner put a bid in for the club if you remember.

What's going to radically change now?

Didn't the Dusty Binnies offer £28million?‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well at least Quantuma have acted quickly, for the first time in their lives. That’s it then, Ashley it is with a 15 point deduction, no players and back to back relegations to League Two. The academy will be decimated, facilities left to ruin, and staff treated like subhumans. Depressing stuff.

Cannot believe how much time we’ve wasted on this chancer. The man talks a good game on twitter, but has nothing to back it up.

Quantuma have acted quickly and I now understand they have gone for a lie down. 

Personally I have everything crossed that CK pulls a rabbit out of a hat and completes the deal tomorrow.

We've come so far down this road that I've got used to him becoming our owner. I like the fact that Rooney seems happy with him, I like the fact that the people he is putting in charge are top drawer and I like the fact that if its done tomorrow I can look forward to the fixtures coming our and the season starting.

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t understand what is in it for Chris Kirchner to attempt to buy the club if he doesn’t have the funds. Why go through all this? If he has funds tied up and can’t budge then that’s another matter. 

Same reason rubberneckers do things like scope out houses they can't afford and waste estate agents' time (yes they exist). Makes them feel powerful/feeds their egos if only for a fleeting moment as attention is lavished on them because the other party thinks they have money. Until the game is up. 

I have come across them too many times to count in business. I have a sixth sense with it now. You have to be vigilant of not investing time on people who have a lot of ambition, talk a very good game but when it comes down to it have no or limited cash. And cash, or access to it, is king. In fairness, a quick credit check, companies house search can eliminate 90% of them.

Edited by SillyBilly