The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Hypothetically -

If CK has transferred the money and it has been subjected to enhanced Money Laundering checks for whatever reasons (Authorities untrusting of Crypto origins, because its a person>company transfer rather than a hedge fund or trust fund purchasing us, or whatever) and it turns out that the delays were outside of his control. What will people do then?

I've seen comments of 'He will need to rebuild bridges if it does go through', I think its the opposite way around. All of this hysteria today and nobody has yet substantiated any source or proof. Some of the accusations and vitriol towards CK today has been shocking. I understand *fully* how stressful this whole situation has been for Derby fans, but personally, I wouldn't want to talk to the media either if I had been turned on like Derby fans have done today, especially if it turns out that it was delayed by external checks after all.

If this does go through, then our fan base has a lot of groveling to do.

Obviously if he has been messing us around this whole time, then fair enough, go for it. But as hard as it is to wait, I wont be aiming both barrels until I hear an explanation form the horses mouth.

I’m with you on this.
It’s understandable that people are worrying and panicking, however IF this is a process beyond CK’s control, if he has to wait for it to happen and cannot/didn’t feel comfortably commenting without more info or input from his lawyers, what damage has been done by people losing their rag with him on social media? Could he walk away now even if his bid and money prove to be legitimate?

People are saying Ashley’s bid isn’t going to be enough, has he bid yet? Do we know the details of that bid? 
We don’t have all the facts, we have rarely had all the facts, unfortunately we have to wait and see how it plays out and then down the line we may be privy to more of that information to comment further. No amount of speculation, finger pointing, infighting or anything else will help our situation as fans. 
What a mess the club was left in ?

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Ok on CK. what will be will be. But find me something with credibility that confirms an Ashley interest ? Loads of speculation and 2+2 = maybe, must be. But where have we heard from an accredited Ashley source that he’s interested never mind made a bid ? 

His second hand guy gave an interview on sky sports should be sufficient

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m with you on this.
It’s understandable that people are worrying and panicking, however IF this is a process beyond CK’s control, if he has to wait for it to happen and cannot/didn’t feel comfortably commenting without more info or input from his lawyers, what damage has been done by people losing their rag with him on social media? Could he walk away now even if his bid and money prove to be legitimate?

People are saying Ashley’s bid isn’t going to be enough, has he bid yet? Do we know the details of that bid? 
We don’t have all the facts, we have rarely had all the facts, unfortunately we have to wait and see how it plays out and then down the line we may be privy to more of that information to comment further. No amount of speculation, finger pointing, infighting or anything else will help our situation as fans. 
What a mess the club was left in ?

If I was CK I would have cancelled the deal weeks ago. Our fans have given him nothing but abuse since he got named PB.

11 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Hypothetically -

If CK has transferred the money and it has been subjected to enhanced Money Laundering checks for whatever reasons (Authorities untrusting of Crypto origins, because its a person>company transfer rather than a hedge fund or trust fund purchasing us, or whatever) and it turns out that the delays were outside of his control. What will people do then?

I've seen comments of 'He will need to rebuild bridges if it does go through', I think its the opposite way around. All of this hysteria today and nobody has yet substantiated any source or proof. Some of the accusations and vitriol towards CK today has been shocking. I understand *fully* how stressful this whole situation has been for Derby fans, but personally, I wouldn't want to talk to the media either if I had been turned on like Derby fans have done today, especially if it turns out that it was delayed by external checks after all.

If this does go through, then our fan base has a lot of groveling to do.

Obviously if he has been messing us around this whole time, then fair enough, go for it. But as hard as it is to wait, I wont be aiming both barrels until I hear an explanation form the horses mouth.

Chris is that you mate where’s the money? 

Don't think he would say that the money had left his account (in the US) and is in transit, if it wasn't,

99.9% certain it will be over in next 48 hrs and everyone will be looking forward again.

He did say he wont give any updates unless there is something new to add!

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

If I was CK I would have cancelled the deal weeks ago. Our fans have given him nothing but abuse since he got named PB.

There’s been plenty of positive noise too. Clearly one of the biggest learning points for all parties involved in this is how important communication is, not too open and familiar, not complete radio silence either. How much of the panic, stress and speculation could have been limited with some proactive, sensibly worded press releases throughout?

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Chris is that you mate where’s the money? 

Just having a couple of drinks in the clubhouse then I'll grab my phone out the locker room and Venmo it.

Post-round curry was a bit dodge though, I have a feeling It'll all come out soon.

I agree with @Cam the RamI’m pretty sure Kirchner has the money. Admins have seen it, EFL have seen it. It’s therefore anti laundering checks beefed because of its origins being crypto or he’s actually had second thoughts. We will find out soon enough. 

Clearly EFL don’t want this dragging on and not in our interests either so not surprised his exclusivity has been removed. Think it’s a good move and for the first time in this whole process, I think we’ll be surprised at just how quickly things will move now ?

Dont worry @B4ev6is this will get sorted.

9 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Agree - there is simply nothing in it for someone like CK to string everyone along this far if he doesn't have the means to close the deal.

I saw someone suggest that he "just wanted to raise his profile"

How does that work? He raises it from "bloke no one has heard of" to "bloke everyone knows as a tyre-kicking fantasist"?

The money laundering checks seem the most obvious fly in the ointment

All we have to be concerned about now is that he's not *actually* a money-launderer...

What happened with PNE then? How much did he find out about them before bidding, and then pull out?

30 minutes ago, sage said:

I can't believe the lack of speculation re who paid 2 months wages, especially as it's not CK, MM or Rooney. 

Someone linked to the club?

MSD?

I believe it was said it’s someone involved in the club - not external. It only really leaves one or two people who’d have the money to do that - maybe even one. 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s been plenty of positive noise too. Clearly one of the biggest learning points for all parties involved in this is how important communication is, not too open and familiar, not complete radio silence either. How much of the panic, stress and speculation could have been limited with some proactive, sensibly worded press releases throughout?

No one in the current set up gives a monkey's about us fans. I dislike Dawes intensely but at least he's done something proactive for us fans.

20 minutes ago, jono said:

Ok on CK. what will be will be. But find me something with credibility that confirms an Ashley interest ? Loads of speculation and 2+2 = maybe, must be. But where have we heard from an accredited Ashley source that he’s interested never mind made a bid ? 

Here’s the link to the article and video from 8th Feb 2022 in which Ashley’s head of PR told skysports that Ashley wanted to buy the club. He didn’t  then formally bid, based on any info out in the public domain.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12535709/derby-county-mike-ashley-fully-committed-to-buying-championship-club-but-frustrated-by-delays