The Administration Thread

Boycie

57 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

I do hope that the players have been paid and it's not another false dawn. We need some sort of clarity by Thursday at the latest (I didn't want to put 48 hrs!) Please CK let us know soon as I now have started chewing my toenails!!!

Players have been paid. 

I just think back to that tweet he put out. 'I will be the new owner of Derby County...'

He was obviously convinced then it was happening. Otherwise you wouldn't put a statement like that out. So that suggests there's nothing to worry about. I presume he's already started funding the club. 

On the other hand it's now been a week since they said it would be done. Let's be honest this has nothing to do with bank holidays. What the hell is going on.

"These contracts are conditional on the sale of the stadium and some small bits. I don't anticipate any issues."

This has to be it. I still believe it will get done but there is a holdup somewhere than they obviously didn't believe would occur.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Alan Nixon being so sure is what is keeping me going.

He seems adamant that takeover is done and we are working on player signings, which is charming.

I do think it's just a question of timing, to quote the great Stephen Pearce, just quite unbelievable that quantuma, a supposed reputable administrator, would extend a completion by 24 hours, claim completion would be made within that time and completely forgot about the queen's jubes.

Good job you spelt that last word correctly. 

Just now, Loughborough Ram said:

Personally I feel that they should ignore the vocal morons deriding them and put out some information anyway.

The vast majority would appreciate any information and take it on face value.

Continuing silence is extremely disrespectful in my opinion and the longer it goes on the more supporters will read bad news into it.

That wouldn't be ignoring them then, would it? That would be ceding to their sense of entitlement and giving them what they want.

And, to me, disrespectful is 'DavetheAshbourneRam' tweeting him and his missus ten times a day demanding an update, questioning his finances, and calling him a tyre-kicker when he doesn't get a personal reply to any of the above.

5 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Personally I feel that they should ignore the vocal morons deriding them and put out some information anyway.

The vast majority would appreciate any information and take it on face value.

Continuing silence is extremely disrespectful in my opinion and the longer it goes on the more supporters will read bad news into it.

it would/could be argued that stopping whatever they are doing, to release a carefully crafted statement that says a lot without telling us anything, would actually delay the completion even further!

In this scenario considering the progress made until before jubilee holiday, considering the fact the journos who are always first to break the bad news are saying nothing and even talking about next phase and signings I would say no news is good news and people need to stop being melodramatic, calm down and be patient.