The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I’m not sure we can blame the EFL for the points deductions, we need to take it on the chin, Derby went into administration and Derby broke FFP rules.

personally the two issues I have with the EFL is that they can be influenced by outsiders and that is because they are not independent.  The evidence of that is the Middlesbrough and Wycombe scandal that has not potentially opened Pandora’s box for claims and counterclaims. They are also inconsistent, the issuance of penalties is evidence of that as is how they dealt with Covid. 

as per Tracy Crouch we need an independent regulator and it cannot come too soon 

They didn't at the time .  As of 3 months ago yes but not prior.  People have different thoughts on this but we were absolutely done over retrospectively for me 

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Well I hope you are right , but being an optimist hammered by years of experience I have a tempered view of things. my logic is this:

We have no team as such and when we do it will be lowish quality compared to what we are used to.

League 1 football is pretty dire from what I've seen on TV and we will be at that level. Five games in; watching kick and hope will put off a lot of people. 

Live footy is in a gentle decline thanks to TV. Even with Sunderland average in L1 is only 15k and without them the slight decline in live attendance overall will be more apparent. I don't think our core base of fanatics is that big.

ST holders are not always hardcore supporters, they like the familiarity of the same seat and neighbours. Lose one or two and others will follow. 

Consider: Man City v Spurs on the box or drag down to PP on a rainy winters day to see Forest Green Rovers (no disrespect). Quality v Hoofball!

The facilities are irrelevant as we have them now. My only requirement is I can see and mainly dry.

There may be a fair take up of ST depending on the price . But If it costs (say) £15 to get in, with no sell outs you will always be able to get a seat in your preferred stand. Why pay up front? Pick and choose. I think that is what a lot of folks will do. Seems to be that way at Burton. 

Hence my AVERAGE of 15k over the season.

Chesterfield only has a capacity of 10,600 doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

An average of 15,000 over the season would mean some gates (against the smaller clubs on a winter evening, say) being as low as 12,000, because we'll certainly clear 20,000 for the games against Wednesday, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Port Vale, Peterborough, Barnsley and even Lincoln 

I'll be surprised if we don't sell at least 16,000 ST again and average at least 20,000.

As an eternal optimist I’d agree with you on all but two on that list 

52 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Just as an aside, I think that we will get more coverage than normal in league 1 this season because of the World Cup.

I assume that Leagues 1 and 2 will continue when the top 2 divisions stop, so SKY will load their content with League 1 fixtures as they can't show World Cup games.

That’s the way it should be, but Sky will want to push the WSL. With Emma Hayes and her tilt at the Champions League. The fuel crisis will also hit in the Autumn. Ticket prices will have to be set realistically.

3 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Not paying to read speculation but cannot think that happened. Ashley does not appear to share things but if it were true he could have bought the stadium if he wanted to but again cannot see that happening and the legal side would have to be super tight to stop sully rents or buy out price

Actually, I'd say it makes perfect sense. If they both say put £20m in each and got the club and the stadium. Ashley initially gets all the exposure and advertising opportunities - which I can't help thinking is his main reason for wanting us.

Then, if the club succeeds, the value if his stake increases and he can sell on at a profit. If the club struggles, it would make sense that Kirchner would feel he's made a mistake and will want to cut his losses and sell his half. Ashley would then be in a good position to low ball Kirchner and aquire the entire club more cheaply. Some of the EFL Business Plan 'treading water' time would have also been used up, moving Ashley closer to being able to use his financial muscle.

I also think that Kirchner was wise to refuse. 

I can only really see Ashely wanting to be involved with CK in an unhealthy way (for CK) TBH, either as a "squeeze out later" partner or a way to have influence without the responsibility. I can't see MA wanting in with CK as part of a happy think win-win partnership of virtue. I'd guess CK might be open to some risk share and additional investment but is probably right in being cagey about MA who has been playing some level of gamesmanship through the process. We don't know exactly how much is in this, could've been a five minute call where someone from Ashley's camp just calls the CK camp and pitches "how about a joint investment" and nothing further happens, could've been some serious and in depth discussions.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They didn't at the time .  As of 3 months ago yes but not prior.  People have different thoughts on this but we were absolutely done over retrospectively for me 

This maybe a controversial comment, but once Morris is completely away from the club, if he decides to take the EFL to court, i know which side i'm on and it isn't the ELF.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Mike Ashley offered to partner with ck, to buy the club and ck declined.

If ck were purely money motivated, he could have accepted that offer and allowed ma to be the financial backer.

However, he's obviously got plans for dcfc, that involve him being the complete owner of the club.

On the argument of football knowledge, if its true that he's using Gary cook as his strategic advisor on football club matters, I don't see an issue.

Cook has a more than decent knowledge of football.

Even if cook's not involved, he's still got rooney. Rooney in my opinion is a very clever man when it comes to football.

So I'm sure things will be fine, in terms of football club management and strategy.

That doesn't negate my concerns about which players are acquired to rebuild the team or trying to do everything on a low budget.

Rooneys on record as saying that we need to sign a lot of players this summer.

I have heard me contracts been offered and appently new players all lined up ready to sign for derby.

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Well I hope you are right , but being an optimist hammered by years of experience I have a tempered view of things. my logic is this:

We have no team as such and when we do it will be lowish quality compared to what we are used to.

League 1 football is pretty dire from what I've seen on TV and we will be at that level. Five games in; watching kick and hope will put off a lot of people. 

Live footy is in a gentle decline thanks to TV. Even with Sunderland average in L1 is only 15k and without them the slight decline in live attendance overall will be more apparent. I don't think our core base of fanatics is that big.

ST holders are not always hardcore supporters, they like the familiarity of the same seat and neighbours. Lose one or two and others will follow. 

Consider: Man City v Spurs on the box or drag down to PP on a rainy winters day to see Forest Green Rovers (no disrespect). Quality v Hoofball!

The facilities are irrelevant as we have them now. My only requirement is I can see and mainly dry.

There may be a fair take up of ST depending on the price . But If it costs (say) £15 to get in, with no sell outs you will always be able to get a seat in your preferred stand. Why pay up front? Pick and choose. I think that is what a lot of folks will do. Seems to be that way at Burton. 

Hence my AVERAGE of 15k over the season.

We will have a team by the start of the season and unlike last season, we are likely have more than one injury prone striker to start the season.

Football attendances have been on the increase in recent years, across the top 5 leagues. 

To expect Derby to get only average crowds for their current position, is to ignore the last 40 years of history, when Derby's average attendance has been higher than their overall league position in every season. I believe that our average attendance will be in and around the top 30 in the country not the top 56.

Live footy on TV should be interesting this coming season. How often were our attendances adversely affected last season when we were on live TV? How many people didn't buy season tickets because they didn't know when matches would be played? This coming season most of our games will be played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, when Man City v Spurs CAN'T be on the box.

Who is to say that lg1 football will be any less entertaining than the higher leagues, less skilled yes, but maybe more entertaining and more successful.

Season tickets have traditionally been priced to give a significant saving over individual match day prices.

You can't compare Derby with the likes of Burton. Derby are a long established top club with a strong fanbase going back decades, Burton were recently a non league club playing in front of a couple of thousand supporters and have a very  small loyal fanbase.

Your AVERAGE of 15,000 will be way off the mark

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can only really see Ashely wanting to be involved with CK in an unhealthy way (for CK) TBH, either as a "squeeze out later" partner or a way to have influence without the responsibility. I can't see MA wanting in with CK as part of a happy think win-win partnership of virtue. I'd guess CK might be open to some risk share and additional investment but is probably right in being cagey about MA who has been playing some level of gamesmanship through the process. We don't know exactly how much is in this, could've been a five minute call where someone from Ashley's camp just calls the CK camp and pitches "how about a joint investment" and nothing further happens, could've been some serious and in depth discussions.

Kircher turned him down kircher wants to be only owner of the club which interkages that he got the money run the club on his own but I do think he will need to seek new investors.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

An average of 15,000 over the season would mean some gates (against the smaller clubs on a winter evening, say) being as low as 12,000, because we'll certainly clear 20,000 for the games against Wednesday, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Port Vale, Peterborough, Barnsley and even Lincoln 

I'll be surprised if we don't sell at least 16,000 ST again and average at least 20,000.

What about the Nigel Clough Trophy?*

I know, but I think we should make it a thing.

If MA has tried to go into partnership with CK and he turned him down this is a good sign, feel it shows CK has a tangible plan that involves funding the club, isnt some kind of Fake Shiek / Spanish boxer with nothing of note to his name, and that it may indeed go through.

I agree that MA would probably want to lowball his way into 100% in due course if he was in partnership with CK. I also think this last ditch attempt to share (doesn't strike as very MA like) is because that prospect of a fire sale and picking up Derby from the liquidators for a song is getting more distant and he is now in real danger of missing out on a club with the potential to turn a hefty resale profit on if played right. 

Nixon is on Twitter quite active about being relaxed about it going through, linking us with players, new contracts and Ebiowei off (to play for the Palace U23s / get loaned out for 3 years and then sold to Barnsley as he hasn't progressed as they thought through lack of development chances). Either way talk of it failing is limited to troll accounts, and overly, if understandably pessimistic Derbeans who have been hurt too much over the last few.

I'm almost hopeful!

15 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If MA has tried to go into partnership with CK and he turned him down this is a good sign, feel it shows CK has a tangible plan that involves funding the club, isnt some kind of Fake Shiek / Spanish boxer with nothing of note to his name, and that it may indeed go through.

I agree that MA would probably want to lowball his way into 100% in due course if he was in partnership with CK. I also think this last ditch attempt to share (doesn't strike as very MA like) is because that prospect of a fire sale and picking up Derby from the liquidators for a song is getting more distant and he is now in real danger of missing out on a club with the potential to turn a hefty resale profit on if played right. 

Nixon is on Twitter quite active about being relaxed about it going through, linking us with players, new contracts and Ebiowei off (to play for the Palace U23s / get loaned out for 3 years and then sold to Barnsley as he hasn't progressed as they thought through lack of development chances). Either way talk of it failing is limited to troll accounts, and overly, if understandably pessimistic Derbeans who have been hurt too much over the last few.

I'm almost hopeful!

Almost hopeful, I think has been the default setting for the last two years for most of us.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Take your points especially independent as per Crouch. My fear is where do you find someone interested in football that don't follow at least one club and who / how will they be selected. Along the lines of fans on the board. Anybody watching dcfc can see a couple of fans groups waving their hands in the air shouting me,me,me, but how do 25000 attending fans select someone for the board. Management's money and experts ,(hopefully) not fans trying to make a name for themselves.

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Kircher turned him down kircher wants to be only owner of the club which interkages that he got the money run the club on his own but I do think he will need to seek new investors.

CK strikes me as quite a cute cookie. If he thinks he will need more investors down the road they will already be in place. Here I am speculating they might be the Australian and two or three Americans at the Fulham match who asked blue coats to take their pictures and were taken inside for more. One phoned CK who came down and took them for drinks, but they insisted in sitting in the south stand and not staying with him. How did they get fan numbers and why did they want to feel the atmosphere not stay in the posh seats. Again speculation and I admit it 

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Yep. I think you’re right. Low to mid 20’s on Saturdays at home and high 20’s against any local ish clubs with decent away numbers. Off set by rainy midweek games against less interesting smaller distant opponents and we’ll be down in the 12 k region. I think season ticket numbers will be influenced by the actual price given what energy prices are doing. I would pay what I paid this season but would be a tad grumpy if there was a rise. What does everyone else think about ticket prices .. what should they be ? What is the right balance between affordability and the clubs need for income relative to last seasons prices ?

Personally I like to see family deals and cheap seats for kids .. get them enthused early and you have them for life .. and they always buy chocolate and sweets ?