The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Chris has stated he is not borrowing the money to buy DCFC- so it’s just a matter of going under the mattress and counting it out?

He seemed more to be saying that the club itself was not taking on debt   But it was a confusing tweet  I’d guess CK might have a fair bit of debt on his personal balance sheet 

Presumably we need a lot of transactions going through at the exact minute they need to.

I’ll stay on the side of caution that it’ll happen today, as it seems to fiddly to get everything processed within banking hours. If it doesn’t then it will be very very close

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

He seemed more to be saying that the club itself was not taking on debt   But it was a confusing tweet  I’d guess CK might have a fair bit of debt on his personal balance sheet 

"Not taking out debt for purchase…"

That's not confusing.

"Club will have normal trading debts such as player transfers still due, etc"

Neither is that, you may infer something from the tweet but it's pretty straightforward.

13 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

No but money is supposed to be starting to flow anytime. If David gets some then we know it's moving. Suspect q will have it set up and ready to go as soon as it's hits their account infrom CKs lawyers 

Ah I thought you were aware of @David s lack of sausage 

9 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

"Not taking out debt for purchase…"

That's not confusing.

"Club will have normal trading debts such as player transfers still due, etc"

Neither is that, you may infer something from the tweet but it's pretty straightforward.

It seemed pretty clear to me too.  He's not doing one of those leveraged buyout type things, where he borrows a bunch of money, secures it against the club and then the clubs pays it off. He's putting the money in himself, or if it's coming from other sources, it won't be secured against the club in any way. Honestly, that was probably never going to happen anyway, because if we don't own the stadium, there's not that much here to secure that much money against.

We'll obviously have the usual trading debts he mentions (player transfers etc), and we probably will end up paying some of the 35% to creditors out of club funds going forwards (but I have no problem with that, they are our debts to settle in the first place).