The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Party at Pride Park next Tuesday if the sale of the stadium and club goes through?

It will go through I am certain of that and like kircher said more good news incoming now I think we past worest of now.

No thanks to efl and certain person cough cough boro owner and mel.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It will go through I am certain of that and like kircher said more good news incoming now I think we past worest of now.

No thanks to efl and certain person cough cough boro owner and mel.

Go for it mate, enjoy!

13 hours ago, The Baron said:

Agreed. There was a winding up order from HMRC in January 2020, which is pre-Covid. 

63946DCC-E16E-49E6-BE8F-7E1310586379.jpeg

The one single fact for me on the whole of this sorry situation is - The EFL introduced a rule change saying that all clubs must use the straightline amortisation method after the Admin rolled over and accepted the punishment.

If the rule change happened after out alledged discressions, it was clearly open to interpretation and not against the rules at the time.

Parry came out and said it was a rule clarification, yet its was minuted in the EFL mins as a rule change.  Muy understanding is our amortisation method was checked and agreed with the EFL, it only became an issue when Gibson started crying

Sorry, but the whole thing stinks, they should of closed the loop.  Not bully a club into accepting a punishment in a kangaroo court....

48 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

The one single fact for me on the whole of this sorry situation is - The EFL introduced a rule change saying that all clubs must use the straightline amortisation method after the Admin rolled over and accepted the punishment.

If the rule change happened after out alledged discressions, it was clearly open to interpretation and not against the rules at the time.

Parry came out and said it was a rule clarification, yet its was minuted in the EFL mins as a rule change.  Muy understanding is our amortisation method was checked and agreed with the EFL, it only became an issue when Gibson started crying

Sorry, but the whole thing stinks, they should of closed the loop.  Not bully a club into accepting a punishment in a kangaroo court....

The one sorry thing for me is that this allowed every man and his dog to call Derby County cheats. 
 Grossly unfair IMO as we were guilty of nothing other than Mel feeling he had no other option than Administration 

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

This is the whole thing to me. I asked @The Baron for his opinion on this but no answer as yet. 

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

The rules at the time stated we must stick to FRS102. Some people believe our policy was compliant to FRS102, others didn't. Unfortunately, the 3 people who had the final say (with no accounting background) determined it was non-compliant.

The rule change doesn't automatically mean our policy was acceptable, but it does mean there will be nothing other than a common approach for all EFL clubs going forward. As I said very early on in the P&S case, the pragmatic approach would have been to change the rules and get the Club to change back to a straight line method.

11 hours ago, The Baron said:

Because HMRC issued a winding up order in January 2020, they would not have done that for a trivial sum. 

The HMRC have their own laws and methods, There's no straight line where they have a rule book.

I was chased, Harassed, Had letters of a threatening nature of fines and continued fines if I would not investigate my deceased Brothers Tax Affairs(self employed)my mistake was clearing his debts, Cancelling his PIP payments and burying him.

If it wasn't for one particular HMRC employee who looked into his last 2 years of taxable work I would have a stack of letters or even a court date to attend, And the shocking thing is, They owed him £20 and a few pence.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you an organisation that duck over the little person and leave those that have amassed billions of £s from wrongful  Covid-19 payments

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The rules at the time stated we must stick to FRS102. Some people believe our policy was compliant to FRS102, others didn't. Unfortunately, the 3 people who had the final say (with no accounting background) determined it was non-compliant.

I'm not even sure this is correct. I don't remember them saying it was not compliant, wasnt the issue more to do with the IDC ignoring the expert witness?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not even sure this is correct. I don't remember them saying it was not compliant, wasnt the issue more to do with the IDC ignoring the expert witness?

Yep, we lost as we didn't have an expert witness to counter the EFL's one.