The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In among the seemingly good news doing the rounds, I have to say I did a double-take at this exchange. Recognizing we live in an era of very strange pronouns, I'd nonetheless always assumed @Charlotte Ramwas a "she". Instead I now have to assume based in North Carolina...

Yep think was confirmed at some point. 

Despite some of my earlier caution-infused posts I'd be the happiest man ever to eat humble pie. I care not a not if I got it wrong, I'm big enough and man enough to say so. If we can field a functioning,  competitive team in D1 next season, with St. Wayne at the helm I'll take all opprobrium poured on me in a hat-shaped mould and eat it.

Pleease see this deal over the line...???

Whatever happens in the future, we have spent many months staring into the abyss with very few parties willing to save us. So called ‘fans’ have chucked us aside and let us rot, where without intervention we would have died.

So whatever does happen, whether the next chapter of Derby County is successful or not, I will never forget the act of saving this Club that I love with all my heart. Hundreds of thousands of people love this Club as much as me, if not more, unfortunately none of us had the money to save us. A couple of sharks have circled trying to get their hands on a carcass, but we’ve only really had one realistic prospect of having a custodian with pride and admiration for what he is buying. And with the exchanging of contracts I hope for all our sakes that the storm clouds of the last however many months it is, are finally parting. We have finally (and hopefully) got our Club back.

3 minutes ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

Despite some of my earlier caution-infused posts I'd be the happiest man ever to eat humble pie. I care not a not if I got it wrong, I'm big enough and man enough to say so. If we can field a functioning,  competitive team in D1 next season, with St. Wayne at the helm I'll take all opprobrium poured on me in a hat-shaped mould and eat it.

Pleease see this deal over the line...???

You need to be careful. @Brailsford Ramkeeps score. 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s not good to gloat    But given how Gibbo extended our agony and how their fans denied that undeniable fact,  it seems right to point out how happy we are and how grumpy the Boro lot will be all summer.

I’m savouring the moment.  

The only pity is that the close season is shorter this year, so less time for them to be grumpy.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Whatever happens in the future, we have spent many months staring into the abyss with very few parties willing to save us. So called ‘fans’ have chucked us aside and let us rot, where without intervention we would have died.

So whatever does happen, whether the next chapter of Derby County is successful or not, I will never forget the act of saving this Club that I love with all my heart. Hundreds of thousands of people love this Club as much as me, if not more, unfortunately none of us had the money to save us. A couple of sharks have circled trying to get their hands on a carcass, but we’ve only really had one realistic prospect of having a custodian with pride and admiration for what he is buying. And with the exchanging of contracts I hope for all our sakes that the storm clouds of the last however many months it is, are finally parting. We have finally (and hopefully) got our Club back.

Summed up beautifully. ???

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It’s not good to gloat    But given how Gibbo extended our agony and how their fans denied that undeniable fact,  it seems right to point out how happy we are and how grumpy the Boro lot will be all summer.

I’m savouring the moment.  

Absolutely.

I expected relegation all season - and didn't care a toss whether F*rest got promotion or not.

I was so numbed by the parasites' behaviour and their agenda with the EFL to drag out the torture all this year and construct our relegation, I was *desperate* to see Middlebrow choke again and miss the play-offs.

So satisfied they failed!

How will Gibson react? How are their accounts looking? Will they pursue other clubs? A player fire-sale to stay within FFP? We can wipe them off our shoes, along with Widdicombe Wanderers.

Welcome the Kirch, to our football Church!

Good news then.

Up against the end of his negotiating time he made the agreement to buy the club.

With him buying the club, I'm pretty sure the rest will now fall into line. Obviously, he wouldn't have signed the contract if he'd not put his conditions on it - without that he'd surely have walked away.

I'll sleep a bit easier now - although not as well as when the club is out of administration and has a home.

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Now know how my poor parents felt when we called them in the middle of the night to tell they were grandparents for the first time! Never going to sleep.
And all the negative doom-merchants on here just go and do one for a bit can you

Bless you. Nice glass of dry white or two might prove a pleasant aid to sleep. I've cracked a bottle of Macallan I've been saving and have just messaged my business partner to tell him not to expect to see for a day or two. He's American and was warned this might be the case if his compatriot got this deal to the line ?

As for the doom-merchants, suspect they'll be rather less chippy moving forwards, unless of course it all goes horribly wrong, in which case they'll flood back in to tell us they knew it would all along. Unlikely now though and based on the last 72 hours, there's going to be a good few stuck on ignore lists, I reckon. There'll be tough times ahead as we stabilise and build for the future and we want the type of fans whose faith and support is unshakeable right now, not the whiny 'I told you so's' who bring nothing but mealy-mouthed misery to the table and have shown CK little to no faith at all.

Ah well, it sounds like everything should be fully sorted by this time nest week and that's music to my ears. All the other BS can go firmly on the back-burner.

#KIRCH
#DTID

1 hour ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

You hear about so many businesses that are bought for a nominal £1, including football clubs, I think that's pretty much where we are. Anyone who's willing to spend £30m to pay off Mel's debts is just doing it as a vanity project.

We're worthless with the amount of debt we're shouldering. And without a stadium, less than that.

The only equity is in acquiring the stadium on the cheap.

On a prospective turnover of approx £6m-£10m next year, most of that will be swallowed up in wages and additional costs. There'll be no profit in that turnover for any prospective investor.

I'm amazed anyone would consider paying anything near £30m for our club, especially without a stadium. The only upside is getting the ground at a discount - circa £20m , then borrowing against it's true value, prob £45m max in the current climate. I think that was CK's strategy for raising future funds. A future guarantee of buying at £20m but leveraging debt against the higher figure to generate funds.

I think Mel has made us unsellable at the current £30m to buy the club + £20m odd million to buy the stadium.

Our only hope to avoid oblivion is for MA to pay peanuts for the what's left, and getting the only real asset - the stadium for around £20m or less.

That's what he does. That's the reality of our parlous financial position sadly.

Ive been saying this for weeks, then people say rent dont buy the stadium.....  Thats ckearly an even worse deal....

On a separate note, whilst we're all full of bonhomie, let's just take a moment to salute Jake Daniels, a brave 17 year old young man, with a brilliant future in the game, who chose today to publically come out.

It shouldn't even be a thing in 2022… but Sir, I salute you.

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Something in my eye...