The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

IId rather our local group did the stadium deal tbh

I agree but no guarantee a local will look after it as history has shown and Cook  is not silly enough to leave us in a worse position than now,,,maybe just some minor short term investment to see the ground come out of Morris and MSD ownership 

I personally think CK will deal with someone who Cook has got  investing rather than give Morris money directly just my thoughts 

32 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Hate to be the one to point this out but not much is the same as it was 50 years back! For my part, I don't concern myself with the Premier League. I agree that the financial disparities between the top PL clubs and our beloved Rams is huge and unsustainable, but that won't stop me supporting Derby. To be perfectly honest, nothing will.

DTID

Don't know mate.  Possibly waned a bit as had a lot of personal stuff over the last few years.  The mentality of younger supporters is probably different to mine. They've grown up with a football pyramid where the chances of doing enough to challenge a top end finish in the premier league seems an achievement of magnitude,  growing up it never seemed that out of reach for Derby.  It annoys me that without 200-300 million its a closed shop and they don't have that. That's probably more annoyance on my part than there own though. I'll always be going to some degree, no doubt my nephews will be insisting we go and see the mighty Forest Green rovers opening day. Lets hope we get that far.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Well with the EFL satisfied that it meets their criteria for a 'successful' exit from administration (i.e. no points deduction), I won't speculate other than 100% to football creditors, the rest 35% over three years.

The one I can't work out is HMRC, given their status as preferential creditor. But there must have been a deal done, as I think the club owed over £30m to HMRC alone?

But is that £23m now and the balance to satisfy creditors at 35% to be paid over 3 years?

The amount ultimately paid to creditors could be significantly higher than £23m.

57 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If Ashley wanted to buy us he's had plenty of opportunities. The guy is a vulture and left Newcastle's infrastructure to rot before selling them for a fat profit. Not sure why anyone would want him here. Rooney would probably be gone, we'd likely have a 15-point penalty and then next season is already starting to look terrible before a ball has been kicked. The administrators clearly have a preference for who to take over the club. 

Wow. How did he manage that then? Mel couldn't manage it.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

He's re-signing Jonny Russell.......

CK's plane was spotted and Cooke's contacts are in the east. Now, you could fly to Kansas in an easterly direction but it would take a bit longer.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't know mate.  Possibly waned a bit as had a lot of personal stuff over the last few years.  The mentality of younger supporters is probably different to mine. They've grown up with a football pyramid where the chances of doing enough to challenge a top end finish in the premier league seems an achievement of magnitude,  growing up it never seemed that out of reach for Derby.  It annoys me that without 200-300 million its a closed shop and they don't have that. That's probably more annoyance on my part than there own though. I'll always be going to some degree, no doubt my nephews will be insisting we go and see the mighty Forest Green rovers opening day. Lets hope we get that far.

Stay staunch mate. No surprise really that any of us are slightly world / footy weary. It's been a hellish couple of years for everyone really and with Covid, lockdowns, Ukraine, cost of living increases et al, it's been tough to remain even remotely positive, but the club needs us more than ever now. Let's be honest, assuming we do get through this and I've every confidence we will, it'd be almost impossible to have such a crappy season again. Hopefully the off-season will see things progress and the end of all this admin BS might see you feeling more energised too. I hope so! 

26 minutes ago, Rampant said:

CK's plane was spotted and Cooke's contacts are in the east. Now, you could fly to Kansas in an easterly direction but it would take a bit longer.

Would you like to fly to Kansas in an Easterly direction,thought that Russia airspace was closed to Americans

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Satellite Internet what will they think of next, in darkest Derbyshire some of us are still waiting for this new fangled electricity stuff?   

How on earth are you posting on our Dave’s website thingy without it? That is real magic.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As he said this trip had been planned for a while, I strongly suspect it won't have anything to do with DCFC. Not directly, at least.

But the whole world revolves around DCFC..... to us anyway!! ??

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Well done on ignoring everything that's been said on the matter but restating the silly old cliche once more.

Ashley isn't at the stage of 'getting rich' , he's well beyond that. It simply doesn't apply. Once you reach a certain amount of wealth it becomes almost inconsequential.

You could say that every single person who has ever bought or invested in a football club is a terrible businessman if you just blanketedly apply the cliche. On that basis why not chuck in an extra fee million to secure the deal as quicky as possible? Bit late to start being a good businessman.

Nobody is going to say "Multi-Billionaire Mike Ashley paid £40m for Derby when he could have got them for £35m? Oh my, why's he chucking money about like it's going out of fashion. He must be a terrible businessman."

?

You are missing the point totaly, it’s the hunt , the game , one thing is certain and that’s that Ashley doesn’t care what other people think especially about whether people think he paid 40 mill for something he could got for 30 mill ,,but he does very much care about what he thinks about himself paying over the odds for a business like derby county , this is not an over priced wine he treats himself to or an overpriced car or any of the overpriced stuff the rich treat themselves to , this is the nature of the man a cold hard business man who loves the hunt ,it’s at the core of who he is and why he’s worth what he’s worth

32 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Apologies but just for clarity, does the ‘rumours of other parties showing interest’ bit mean in the context of the stadium deal, in a seperate stadium deal or on a seperate deal for the club and stadium?

Edited by TuffLuff