The Administration Thread

Boycie

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He may be hovering but would we want him ! 

No idea if Rooney would work with Ashley.

So what? Rooney isn’t the only person in the world who could manage Derby. If he goes, he goes. Just like dozens of other good, bad or indifferent managers have. 

Couldn’t really care less who the owner is now, provided we get one and can start next season and have enough players to put a team out.

I read a few weeks ago - might have been @The Baron, that it's part of The EFL regs that to sanction a takeover, the new owners have to have a deal in place for at least 10 years occupancy of a ground.

To get the City Council to buy the ground and prepare a lease in a couple of weeks looks very optimistic to me.

I suspect that this is the hold up. IMO, Kirchner will  have to fund the club for a few weeks before the deal goes through or lease the ground directly from Mel.

I suppose it all depends what the actual issues with the stadium are.  If Morris has suddenly demanded an extra £10m, then of course have a go at him (not suggesting this is remotely true, just a made-up example).  I suspect it's more likely it's just the council moving at local-government speed - they probably need the stadium valuing and a bunch of other red-tape before they can legally buy it, there was a bank holiday this week so they've probably had like a 5 day weekend, there's local elections this week etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not surprised by this latest news based on what I heard this morning re:stadium. I don’t know anything other than it’s not straightforward and won’t be sorted out quickly, and that Ashley’s people are still very much in the background talking to local stakeholders. Q won’t talk to them as CK is preferred until the weekend.

As far as I’m concerned it’s over to CK now, he’s made the stadium a condition, does he stick to his position or does he soften it and work towards a pragmatic conclusion. Going to be an interesting few days but it’s another curveball we didn’t want. Blame Q all you want - this is down to one person. 

Oh, let me guess....

The complication is that the opportunistic Ashley will buy the stadium from Mel and try to get the club that way.

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I read a few weeks ago - might have been @The Baron, that it's part of The EFL regs that to sanction a takeover, the new owners have to have a deal in place for at least 10 years occupancy of a ground.

To get the City Council to buy the ground and prepare a lease in a couple of weeks looks very optimistic to me.

I suspect that this is the hold up. IMO, Kirchner will  have to fund the club for a few weeks before the deal goes through or lease the ground directly from Mel.

Doesn’t help when it was the council who dragged Kirchener back in because they were going to buy the stadium from me. Now they want him to start funding the club before they have even agreed a deal which might not come to fruition. If he starts funding and it collapses he will lose whatever money he has put in.