The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I'm amazed that Kirchner is considering buying the club with its debt without thr ground as part of the package.  The club is not worth £30m+ without the stadium....

Maybe Kirchner will buy the ground on a mortgage after the deal is done, maybe his proved funds before would not be sufficient to pass the business plan including it with the initial purpose and he will do that later - Its a theory of course.

Ive seen some posting that buying the ground with the club would mean a cash outlay of £50-55m, then acknowledging the club is not worth that.  I'd argue that its a terrible deal not to buy an asset valued at £81.1M even if its worth less, Id estimate at least £60m to rebuild so a reasonable assumption, its worth at least that. it makes no sense to buy the club and pass up the opportunity to buy the ground for £25M, it does not make business sense.... 

Owners come and go, so come sale time, if we still do not own theground, it will massively reduce the value of the club....  Maybe Kirchner see this as a speculative punt and therefore happy not to own the club, if he goes down the same route as Morris?

I hope I'm stressing about nothing though and we are all celebrating on Saturday....  Its certainly going to be an interesting couple of days....

Do we know if he’s agreed a figure with HMRC or Mel Morris for rent/buy?

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

The issue of Council funding for PP (no matter where they get those funds from is interesting.

PP gets an attendance of over 500,000 people per year.

This is far greater than the Velodrome, Moorways, and other Council subsidised entertainment facities put together, so in terms of value for money it ought to be a no-brainer. 

BUT: Public perception is that Swimming pools ,museums, athletic tracks, golf courses etc, should be owned by the people via the council. Football at professional level is awash with cash so no public funding should be spent. Further, football has a fairly bad reputation to non-fans, fights, vandalism, drunkenness, traffic and parking issues. City based fans make up far less than 10% of the population and for the 90+% the fate of DCFC is fairly unimportant. This puts the council in quite a bind when it comes to PP funding.

My non footy friends have pretty much the same reaction if the club folds-bit of a shame due to the history but never mind life goes on!

I'm under the impression... rightly or wrongly... that indeed, no public funding would (need to) be spent?

Income from rent/rates etc should more than cover any loan repayments, and any subsequent sale would be at considerable profit, due to the (current) bargain asking price.
I've seen the phrase "Win-Win" a few times, in these discussions.

I'm not convinced the voting public need to concern themselves on this particular matter?  ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm under the impression... rightly or wrongly... that indeed, no public funding would (need to) be spent?

Income from rent/rates etc should more than cover any loan repayments, and any subsequent sale would be at considerable profit, due to the (current) bargain asking price.
I've seen the phrase "Win-Win" a few times, in these discussions.

I'm not convinced the voting public need to concern themselves on this particular matter?  ?‍♂️

The voting public don't have a great record for thinking things through

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not convinced the voting public need to concern themselves on this particular matter? 

In pure terms you are probably correct, but Mr Joe Public wont understand the intricacies of capital financing (neither do I if I'm honest), so will assume his rates will cover it. Under those circumstances I dont think the support will be there.  "Why am I paying for a load of overpaid lads to kick a ball about?".

But in a fit of unusual optimism I think it will get sorted out before next season.

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am sure it will be all sorted and Saturday we call all party.

Fingers crossed, but I'm aware that there are still some hurdles to overcome and so I'm not getting my hopes up TOO much just yet.

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

In pure terms you are probably correct, but Mr Joe Public wont understand the intricacies of capital financing (neither do I if I'm honest), so will assume his rates will cover it. Under those circumstances I dont think the support will be there.  "Why am I paying for a load of overpaid lads to kick a ball about?".

But in a fit of unusual optimism I think it will get sorted out before next season.

Yeah.  I know where you're coming from, and in a lot of cases, I suspect you will be bang on!  

A bit like those applauding our recent severe sanctions "Because they cheated.  Full Stop"!  

??

This could be our response to the EFL after the hearing tomorrow

To quote Mumford & Sons from their song 'Believe'

"I don't even know if I believe
I don't even know if I believe
Everything you're trying to say to me

I had the strangest feeling
Your world's not all it seems
So tired of misconceiving
What else this could've been

Everything you're trying to say to me

So open up my eyes
Tell me I'm alive
This is never gonna go our way
If I'm gonna have to guess what's on your mind"

Edited by SamUltraRam

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

What would make our rather second rate bog standard indi songs something special? Banjo?

.........whatever Modern Nature were playing on Monday night in Aberdeen, to mellow me out after two nights of The Wedding Present in Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Do you see it?

Edited by Inverurie Ram

42 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The Waterfall is close to Bubbles which is close to paradise.

Paradise is next to Rollerwolrd mate, the other end of town (one for the 90s Ravers oi oi) 

38 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Paradise is next to Rollerwolrd mate, the other end of town (one for the 90s Ravers oi oi) 

Never that fussed with Paradise.  Always felt weird getting that bus from Berlins.  Like I was going home early.  Plus Derby city centre was great then with 2 of the top 3 house music clubs in the UK in a CREAM sandwich.  Now it's s**te.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Never that fussed with Paradise.  Always felt weird getting that bus from Berlins.  Like I was going home early.  Plus Derby city centre was great then with 2 of the top 3 house music clubs in the UK in a CREAM sandwich.  Now it's s**te.

It was alright when Progress was there (think it was called Time then)