The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

I didn't say he was, I'm just not using a website made up by a bot with no sources claiming he has billions as gospel.

Simon Jordan also said Erik Alonso was minted as well.

'Minted' was probably predictive text's version of 'Mental'

Business is about people first and foremost. The money comes second, especially in acquisitions.

What I'm excited about is that CK and Wayne have met and share a vision and get on. They seem to respect each other, talk the same language and fully understand each other's role.

Let's hope this partnership is rapidly signed and sealed so that the resurrection of DCFC can begin.

An apt thought for Easter, is it not?

If CK buys a pint with a fiver and waits for his change then you can safely say he's no Elon Musk, on the other hand I doubt you'll be seeing him coming out of the Dole office clutching a giro heading for the nearest post office. 

Nobody knows how much folding he's got tucked away but himself, his missus and maybe his accountant. I still say he won't follow through. 

1 minute ago, one_chop said:

If CK buys a pint with a fiver and waits for his change then you can safely say he's no Elon Musk, on the other hand I doubt you'll be seeing him coming out of the Dole office clutching a giro heading for the nearest post office. 

Nobody knows how much folding he's got tucked away but himself, his missus and maybe his accountant. I still say he won't follow through. 

Funny, because your posts often have the distinct aura of someone following through. 

16 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Gets messy when you do 

21 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Anything in terms of facts to actually back that up?

Ashley is a known quantity which is why most people including me would advocate him taking over. He would have good liquidity - let’s face it he’s got £300m from Newcastle sale alone!! We don’t know CK, he’s been able to keep his wealth private and fair play to him for that but it makes people nervous. We have to trust that through Q he’s proven the necessary liquidity to take this on. 

So let’s assume he can take it on, I’m really trying hard to remain cautious but it’s hard not to be excited about his vision for the club, his alignment with Rooney and he seems very interested in improving the fan experience, the catering offerings everything around it. Ashley wouldn’t care about any of that. He wants to build around the academy, Ashley wouldn’t care about that either. 

You know the best way to judge the mood, look at the Forest activity on Twitter re:Derby’s situation and how its got quieter and quieter in recent days, maybe CK is actually the real deal and as Rooney says maybe we are about to witness a rebirth of a great club (without being a Phoenix of course!).

We’ve had pain for god knows how long, duck it let’s have a bit of optimism and if we beat Fulham tomorrow we’re staying up n’all!!

Edited by BramcoteRam84

34 minutes ago, one_chop said:

You think he'd use cash in the pub! How old are you?

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

He'll probably have a long wait at Pride Park then.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one was buying in January thanks to Boro/Wycombe/EFL - oh and that includes Mr Kirchner!

If Kirchner wants to start on 0 points rather than -15 points next season if he buys us he only has to spend his money!

When you are a buyer whichever business you are in there are ways to do a deal, whatever the obstacles.

KC stepped away from the club and then came back,  as the preferred bidder, that is always a good sign he wants the business/club, you should be so happy that he all being well will save the club, what i have heard and seen from KC the club should be in good hands.

No i do not know what KC is worth for not interested, the only people who need to know are the EFL to pass him fit and proper to take over the club, the administrators and Derby County already know that he has the funds to do this.

19 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

When you are a buyer whichever business you are in there are ways to do a deal, whatever the obstacles.

KC stepped away from the club and then came back,  as the preferred bidder, that is always a good sign he wants the business/club, you should be so happy that he all being well will save the club, what i have heard and seen from KC the club should be in good hands.

No i do not know what KC is worth for not interested, the only people who need to know are the EFL to pass him fit and proper to take over the club, the administrators and Derby County already know that he has the funds to do this.

But as has been mentioned several times on here, though CK (not KC) has the necessary funding for buying the club, has he the wealth and liquidity for ongoing investment to take us onwards, and cover for losses that will occur especially in League 1. I hope so. The future is looking brighter I think

6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

It just seems that his personal wealth is kept a secret and if he stated last year in an interview that he is not a multi-millionaire, where is the money coming from. It must be other backers to be splashing that type of cash for Derby if it's true about him being only worth £5m.

Genuine question. Why do you care? 

6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

It just seems that his personal wealth is kept a secret and if he stated last year in an interview that he is not a multi-millionaire, where is the money coming from. It must be other backers to be splashing that type of cash for Derby if it's true about him being only worth £5m.

He said he wasn't a billionaire. There's a difference, I believe.