The Administration Thread

Boycie

Kirchner would not be my PB. I don't buy this "ten years ago" stuff, he will not have changed that much and his tweets last december didnt show any great maturity either. I havent seen anything that should make him "unfit or improper" certainly not by the very low bar that EFL has set for itself. Even so I would prefer pretty much anyone else of the named candidates.

Is Ashley back in again? What did Ed Dawes say?

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Kirchner would not be my PB. I don't buy this "ten years ago" stuff, he will not have changed that much and his tweets last december didnt show any great maturity either. I havent seen anything that should make him "unfit or improper" certainly not by the very low bar that EFL has set for itself. Even so I would prefer pretty much anyone else of the named candidates.

Is Ashley back in again? What did Ed Dawes say?

If this is on morals I'm not sure that horribly exploiting a large group of foreign workers (allegedly) makes MA a saint either ? I worked at his HQ and with MA when he first bought Newcastle. In my opinion the way he treated people was horrific.

Some entitled rich kid said stupid things on twitter 10 years ago, that does not bother me anywhere near as much. 

13 minutes ago, one_chop said:

If Roy Chubby Brown put a bid in nobody would bat an eyelid. CK puts a bid in and some childish tweets emerge from his younger days and suddenly he's on par with Adolf Hitler. I wonder if it's because he's American?.

Er no,,,,,, Hilter was an Austrian born German so what him being American has to do with it, I don't know

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

That’s legit him right ? can’t take much more 

It might not be actually ??‍♂️ It’s not his original Twitter as that seems to have been deactivated following all the attention his historic tweets received. Sorry folks if I’ve posted dud info. This new account is followed by the likes of Ed Dawes so could be Kirchner’s new one

10 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Not sure that Nixon is correct - I thought the £5m payment was designed to prevent the PB from walking away once they’d been selected….

It's not to prevent them walking away. Its essentially a non refundable deposit.

But who in their right mind is going to pay £5m to have full and complete visibility of the accounts?

We all know it's a rats nest and still may be a bridge too far.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It might not be actually ??‍♂️ It’s not his original Twitter as that seems to have been deactivated following all the attention his historic tweets received. Sorry folks if I’ve posted dud info. This new account is followed by the likes of Ed Dawes so could be Kirchner’s new one

No it is him, his new account. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It is him, it's the same account "cskirchner", he just did some spring cleaning that's all ?

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Could be today. I wonder if the deal includes the ground? If not would that mean that the club rents the ground which will mean more money going out of the club. What is the cost of ground rental? £1m £2m? How much do West Spam pay?

They get a very favourable rate apparently. 

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

If Roy Chubby Brown put a bid in nobody would bat an eyelid. CK puts a bid in and some childish tweets emerge from his younger days and suddenly he's on par with Adolf Hitler. I wonder if it's because he's American?.

Obviously people would bat an eyelid if Roy Chubby Brown put a bid in.

Assuming Q put CK forward as PB to the EFL for tomorrow's board meeting, and Q's plans are approved (bearing in mind the goalposts for the EFL's Fit & Proper Persons test are pretty wide (corner flag to corner flag) having been ratified by the likes of Ridsdale), what do people think about the other leaked elements of CK's bid/demands?

(1) Take -15 now; start with clean slate next season (which breaks EFL rules on at least 3 fronts, i.e. deductions need to be before 4th Thursday in March; additional deductions applied following season if team would be relegated regardless; -15 is only applied at the end of the administration process, i.e. summer). Will CK back down on this demand or walk away again??

(2) Creditors won't be getting their 25% (hence the acceptance of the -15).  Not sure if HMRC is included in this, but if they don't get what they want, then the deal collapses.

(3) The stadium. If CK came back in following the Council's murmurings on buying and then renting out PP, then everyone knows that the Council do not move at speed, especially when it comes to public money. This could take a long time, and another excuse to walk?

14 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Could be today. I wonder if the deal includes the ground? If not would that mean that the club rents the ground which will mean more money going out of the club. What is the cost of ground rental? £1m £2m? How much do West Spam pay?

If it is £1m this will be a problem. 50k a game is a lot. Plus event costs/ profit sharing etc   There will be some twists and turns along the way.