The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Makes you wonder how Mel made the money he has

Saw an interview with Richard Branson once where he stated he was terrible at maths and had no idea how profit and loss works.  Entrepreneurs are not necessarily brains of Britain, they just like taking risks that sometimes pay off and sometimes don't .  The idea is you do it with your own money  and business model like Branson did with launching Virgin coke and lost millions or Virgin airways that made billions and not with a huge community asset that will destroy a city if it goes pear shaped.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw an interview with Richard Branson once where he stated he was terrible at maths and had no idea how profit and loss works.  Entrepreneurs are not necessarily brains of Britain, they just like taking risks that sometimes pay off and sometimes don't .  The idea is you do it with your own money  and business model like Branson did with launching Virgin coke and lost millions or Virgin airways that made billions and not with a huge community asset that will destroy a city if it goes pear shaped.

What? 

Richard Branson is buying Derby County? 

wow! 

14 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10657199/Derby-County-Frustrated-buyers-say-22M-price-tag-Pride-Park-forced-cost-deal-50M.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-masthead

The administrators need to consider selling derby without the stadium.

Derby can rent a stadium in the area to use.

Less crowd though

The more this goes on, it looks like most of the interested buyers only want to buy the stadium and the football club that plays there is just a bolt on.

22 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not heard mention of the training ground for a while. Mel said he spent £20 mill on it. But the land is leased from the council. If anyone was going to build on it - It would be them.

I don’t think it’s leased from the Council (Erewash in this case), I think it’s the Locko Estate - but don’t quote me.

It’s also Green Belt. This doesn’t absolutely guarantee it can’t be redeveloped, but it makes it a lot more difficult, so doubt the land is worth a great deal if not being used as an academy. 

Edited by LazloW

5 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I personally think that £50m for a club, a top ground and top training facilities IS a good deal.

The problem is the ongoing funding and timescale to make it great again

Good deal normally but not going to get that for a club in administration facing relegation to third tier. Seems pure fantasy. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

He’s a journalist. For proper newspapers unlike Nixon who writes for the sun. I don’t know what a twitter space is but I think it’s pretty tenuous to say you can’t rely on what he says because he shares twitter space with someone who you say is friends with Mel. 

Ryan Bourne isn't so much  a journalist as a think tanker located in America I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Ryan Bourne isn't so much  a journalist as a think tanker located in America I believe. 

Think he has actually just gotten a gig at the times writing for them - literally in the last week. 

Someone once told me on here that Mel was not an asset stripper. Well he clearly is / was. He has stripped us of of biggest asset, the stadium, and appears to now be holding us / new owners to random to clear his debts.

I look forward to the wake in the summer when the club is liquidated. Can Mel be the guess speaker

The Daily Mail article actually doesn’t tell anything we don’t already know or most people have managed to work out. The only reference point they’ve missed is Ipswich recently sold for £40m - which passed me by but another poster on here pointed that out to me.

Therefore £40m is the absolute top end of what we could get for the club, which makes the £10m gap the likes of Ryan Bourne are referring to very plausible.

39 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I personally think that £50m for a club, a top ground and top training facilities IS a good deal.

Would you pay £50m for a business that is losing £5-10m a year?

The only asset you’re getting in return is a stadium which could attract revenues of £1-3m a year if no football is played.

Derby as a business entity is worth bugger all. Future revenues are guaranteed around £15m but future costs far exceed this.

So basically you’re only opportunity is for promotion to the PL. Something we haven’t been very good at.

No one buys a FC for a business opportunity. They buy it as a toy.

The Daily Mail article tells me the exact same thing we’ve all known about for about three months!!!

MM takes a hit which he doesn’t seem to want to do yet or we start next season with minus 15, something Im not interested in either of a new owner thinks that’s a good way to engage with a fan base.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The Daily Mail article actually doesn’t tell anything we don’t already know or most people have managed to work out. The only reference point they’ve missed is Ipswich recently sold for £40m - which passed me by but another poster on here pointed that out to me.

Therefore £40m is the absolute top end of what we could get for the club, which makes the £10m gap the likes of Ryan Bourne are referring to very plausible.

And a reasonable sum to have raised from fans/former players/business whatever they could give (£5-£100,000) to have saved the club and have a share of our club going forward. 

If Derby County was a drawing man, Mel Morris is a life guard holding the life ring and a foot placed on the man's head.

In sorting the Boro issue out, the least he should do, he eased his foot off the man's head. The crowds of people clapped as this hero goes one step closer to saving the mans life.

Now all he needs to do is throw the life ring and stop the man from drowning.

But then again, why should he, weren't his fault he fell in was it ?

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Much of the value is relative to assets. I have no idea what Ipswich have, Stadium,  Training Facility, maybe other property and land.

Newcastle owned a lot of land prior to MA buying the club. A lot of the land was sold off and is being redeveloped.

Derby County has little in the form of assets. No Stadium, doesn't own the land at the Training Facility (leased from Locko Estate), barely any players etc

The monies being asked for the club is literally to clear debt. The club has little or no value in the grand scheme of things. Any buyer needs the Stadium to try and make the figures stack up in terms of payback.

Obviously the revenue that can be generated from matchdays and other usage. I know that just a few years ago, the club income included over £1m a year from the Renewable Heat Incentive for using Biomass Heating at the Stadium (and at Moor Farm). Who gets that revenue now?

How much land around the Stadium is owned by the Stadium owner? How much of that could be sold and redeveloped?

The Stadium is critical to the clubs value going forward and therefore to a sale so far as I can see.

53 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

It's more than 50 million because it requires a complete squad overhaul, and any buyer would need the training ground.

It requires buying quality to escape league one, there's no promotion if the clubs buying in has beens and no hopes.

Buying the club for x millions and then stagnating in League one will not be of interest to buyers.