The Administration Thread

Boycie

I think we should temper any expectations of any meaningful announcements around new ownership tomorrow. I honestly doubt there will even be formal confirmation that the deadline for bids has elapsed. What I'm hopeful of is that is that the reason Quantuma mentioned the date was not to appease us fans, but rather to issue some 'Interested Parties' public 'poo or get off the pot' notifications and without resorting to the classless Twatter Ramblings of other parties.

I'm afraid there are currently two stakeholders who comprise the biggest inhibitor and neither is Quantuma. Morris claimed he'd sell the club to the right person for £1.00. I'd say that the differential between that false claim and his current £20M valuation for the stadium alone leaves significant latitude for compromise. He could settle this tomorrow by reducing the cost of the stadium. That's unequivocal. He has the means and the wherewithal and yet still he does nothing. As it is, it appears he's effectively used the admins to run a closed bid auction at zero cost to him and probably secured the highest figure he could have realistically hoped for in the process. A cunning stunt.

The other rather challenging party is that which comprises the bidders who seem to want to have their cake and eat it. Not an unreasonable request, but not a helpful one either when spreadsheets appear to be trumping common sense. The time elapsed while Morris and Ashley play hardball has seen a steady exodus of both key senior playing staff and some of our most saleable youth talents too. This represents a clear and substantial depreciation of current net values even before we take into account what league we end up in, or what fees the likes of Plange and Ebosele might have commanded in the future. And to what end? It could even be argued that had an early commitment been made (or accepted) with operational costs addressed and our playing roster protected or even modestly enhanced, we might already be out of the bottom 3. As it is, the petty, egotistical dick-swinging of a group of men with more cash than class has seen us sleepwalking into oblivion instead. Thankfully, that particular passage of play ends tomorrow. Small mercies.

Friday, I'm guessing, is then notable only as being a small step towards closure. The endless uncertainty is now coming to an end but whilst some bids will be immediately discounted on weighted values alone, some will still require thorough assessment. Clarifications will doubtless be sought and only then a decision made. Let's then not whip ourselves into a storm tomorrow over a deadline that was never given and instead wait and see what Quantuma have to say once they've had at least a week to do the due diligence piece. 

A week tomorrow chaps and chapettes, that's my guess.

COYR

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The article makes no sense.

"Unless a substantial offer is made by Friday, which will pay off all Derby's debts, including nearly £30 million to HMRC and £20 million to American loan company MSD, Wayne Rooney and his squad will start next season with heavy sanctions imposed".

There is no requirement for Derby to pay off al their debts to HMRC or to MSD in order to avoid sanctions from EFL.  

57 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I've always wanted Appleby ever since it was rumoured he would be back. I'm actually gutted he's not in already. 

Who are the other 3 bidders? 

Assume Ashley and the Binnies(?). Maybe msd? 

Did the Binnies come back in? Thought they said they were pulling out?

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

As you say, they'd need to return us quickly to the Championship to be able to realise any decent return...win win (in theory).

In reality, any MM buyout whether directly or indirectly via MSD would create a toxic atmosphere at the club. There'd be a real danger of some fans boycotting & therefore much lower revenue/higher investment required from them. I personally can't see it happening.

If the choice was that or liquidation?

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The article makes no sense.

"Unless a substantial offer is made by Friday, which will pay off all Derby's debts, including nearly £30 million to HMRC and £20 million to American loan company MSD, Wayne Rooney and his squad will start next season with heavy sanctions imposed".

There is no requirement for Derby to pay off al their debts to HMRC or to MSD in order to avoid sanctions from EFL.  

Not yet there ain’t. But be assured the EFL are working on it as we type!

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Please just give us Appleby. 

Ashley and anyone else with hundreds of millions lying around could have bought us in a heartbeat six months ago. Instead, they’ve been dicking about and we’ve lost half our squad in the meantime.

Appleby strikes me as the only who who really, really wants this, and for the right reasons.

Doesn’t seem to have the money though 

55 minutes ago, Curtains said:

"If Derby's takeover does not meet the key EFL requirement, of paying unsecured creditors 25p in a pound, the stricken Championship club risks being hit with another hefty points deduction"

Let's hope the final bid being lined up by Appleby is backed by more funds to pay off creditors and meet the EFL policy.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Please just give us Appleby. 

Ashley and anyone else with hundreds of millions lying around could have bought us in a heartbeat six months ago. Instead, they’ve been dicking about and we’ve lost half our squad in the meantime.

Appleby strikes me as the only who who really, really wants this, and for the right reasons.

Theyre all in it for exactly the same reasons 

Surely people havent forgotten already how painfully depressing (albeit we now have a new lower bar of depressing) it was under the americans “shaun barker type fees” and lack of ambition were a constant theme, they/ we got away with murder and it could have been league one before now had we nit got lucky and appointed clough who shipped out the dead expensive wood and replaced it with young and hungry on a bargain bucket outlay

whoever takes us over will throw bare minimum at us and the sad thing is we have to be bloody grateful for it 

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

"If Derby's takeover does not meet the key EFL requirement, of paying unsecured creditors 25p in a pound, the stricken Championship club risks being hit with another hefty points deduction"

Let's hope the final bid being lined up by Appleby is backed by more funds to pay off creditors and meet the EFL policy.

I do hope so.