The Administration Thread

Boycie

43 minutes ago, rsmini said:

So the sale of Chelsea seems to be going ahead with great speed. With a deadline of Friday in place apparently.

Talk of one American worth £28bn being part of one consortium. I’ve no idea where the money goes after a sale is complete because it can’t go to Abromavich.

Then we look at Derby and absolutely nothing appears to be happening, no comments from the admins. Bids being rejected then … quiet. What the heck is going on at our club. Will we still be here next season? Will we be able to buy season tickets? Will a new owner also own the ground or will they lease it from Mel?

Goodness only knows 

37 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

We’ve been sold for a hotdog. If what Nixon says is correct then either it’s league 1 on -15 or league 2 as a phoenix. So sad either way and by securing funding til the end of the season we don’t upset the integrity of the league. 

Admins have had a stinker. But what the Chelsea situation has highlighted is that theres not a shortage of sports minded billionaires. Just lazy money men that can’t be bothered to actually graft for an end product and want the glamour of a London club.

Are you two seriously comparing Derby County and Chelseas attractiveness to investors? Chelsea have half a billion in revenue every year, a globally recognised brand, they win trophirs and have many valuable assets ( including several players worth more than our entire club).

On the other hand we dont own the stadium, we dont own the training ground,we'll have about 6 players worth close to nothing at the end of the season, a very regional brand and we're lucky if our yearly revenue breaches £30 mill (and it wont get close if we're relegated).

Why is it a surprise that chelseas sale process is faster?

We just need someone to get into that big government building in the big smoke, yeah that London House of Commons place and get a job in, that politics game.

We tried asking the Sports Minister, to give us a helping hand, and he couldn't give a poo about us, probably a Chelsea Season Ticket Holder with the rest of the corrupt goverment spivs.

@B4ev6is fancy a job in politics, mate?, you'd sort that Boris bloke out and all his sad Chelsea mates and you could tell them all to stick their blue flags up there corrupt @rses!

You could also pop along to the FA Headquarters whilst your in that big London City and tell all of them also to stick their blue flags up there @rses!

If you decide not to get a job in politics and not to stay in that grubby, dirty, scummy London City, then pleae pop into the Sky Sports and BT Sport Headquarters, the BBC, ITV, all the newspaper headquarters, and even the EFL Headquarters on your way home and I think you know where this is going................

Yeah tell em all to stick their blue flags up their deluded, corrupt @rses!

............and yes I feel a whole lot better now that I have shared this wonderful uplifting post with you all.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Are you two seriously comparing Derby County and Chelseas attractiveness to investors? Chelsea have half a billion in revenue every year, a globally recognised brand, they win trophirs and have many valuable assets ( including several players worth more than our entire club).

On the other hand we dont own the stadium, we dont own the training ground,we'll have about 6 players worth close to nothing at the end of the season, a very regional brand and we're lucky if our yearly revenue breaches £30 mill (and it wont get close if we're relegated).

They have £1.5 billion in debt. . If our revenue was pre COVID £30 million why are people like Binnies only offering  one years  revenue  especially if the stadium is included?  A stadium which unlike Chelsea's doesn't need updating.

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I can remember Chelsea getting gates of 10,000 or so and being one of the worst clubs in London. We were a much bigger club than them, and most others in the country for a number of years. At least I was there for the trophies and 35,000 average attendances. Being a sad old bar steward comes in handy sometimes.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I’m not surprised. The point I’m making is that there’s plenty of people knocking around with wads of cash and it wouldn’t be any skin off their noses to take us over. Other than it would take a few seasons to possibly get to the prem. 

Surely the satisfaction one would get by taking us back to the big time and being lorded a saviour is worth something? 

The fact that this is the case and nobody is willing to invest their time in to us is depressing. Our greatest hope is Mike Ashley who’s worth is eye watering and he’s farting around trying to save himself a few quid. Madness. 

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I’m not surprised. The point I’m making is that there’s plenty of people knocking around with wads of cash and it wouldn’t be any skin off their noses to take us over. Other than it would take a few seasons to possibly get to the prem. 

Surely the satisfaction one would get by taking us back to the big time and being lorded a saviour is worth something? 

The fact that this is the case and nobody is willing to invest their time in to us is depressing. Our greatest hope is Mike Ashley who’s worth is eye watering and he’s farting around trying to save himself a few quid. Madness. 

Think the sad fact is that they didn't accumulate wads of cash by investing in basketcase outfits. We're potentially a League 2 club without a ground and hardly any players and folks are seriously questioning why Chelsea are going to bought up by the end of this week but no one wants to buy us. 

24 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There is an interesting question there though. If someone 'bought' Derby County for £50m and then spent £1bn building the club up, how would the result compare with spending £2bn on Chelsea?

Other than the early 70s, Chelsea were probably slightly bigger than Derby before the Russian money poured in, but there wasn't much in it. I wonder whether DCFC has a ceiling 'size' which Chelsea has long surpassed or could Derby (or any club) be that big with billions being spent?

21 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

It really is going to be liquidation isn’t it. I don’t get it. There’s bidders. So let’s just get it done for god sake 

If this is going to be the case we need to know so we can start working on a phoenix club in time for next season.

People keep referring to our fan base, like it will stay around forever. We're all getting older and at this rate a lot will drop off the perch before this deal is done, Youngsters are not that bothered by live footy anymore and League 1 will not be that attractive to new blood.

I see a 40% drop in average attendance to say 15000. No local Derbys to spice it up!

6 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

If this is going to be the case we need to know so we can start working on a phoenix club in time for next season.

I do think this is crucial. I think dropping in to League 2 with a committed new owner and 18k gates could actually be preferable to a League 1 relegation struggle with fans drifting away.

The danger is, imo, missing a season. Then it would so much harder to get into League 2 as the gap would have been filled. For many fans the habit would be broken and they wouldn't come back. Also, the new club would feel less like Derby County with a year long break.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I do think this is crucial. I think dropping in to League 2 with a committed new owner and 18k gates could actually be preferable to a League 1 relegation struggle with fans drifting away.

The danger is, imo, missing a season. Then it would so much harder to get into League 2 as the gap would have been filled. For many fans the habit would be broken and they wouldn't come back. Also, the new club would feel less like Derby County with a year long break.

I have to agree with you, people are now taking it as guaranteed that as a phoenix club we will start in League 2, that was just a suggestion,it could be further down the pyramid. The creation of a phoenix club doesn't just happen overnight or even in the space of a few weeks.

37 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Football clubs are PR tools these days. The corrupt and / or murderous can buy a club and build themselves a new image. Chelsea offer that globally. Derby offer that locally. That's why Chelsea have billionaires queueing up and Derby have nobody. Nobody's interested in boosting their image in Derbyshire.

So there is more than one bid on the table. This has been confirmed by the administrators. They released a statement saying they are carefully combing through each one to ensure it is in the best interests of DCFC in the long term. Therefore surely we won’t be liquidated? It’s just a matter of more waiting around. They have confirmed we have the funds to fulfil the rest of the season  

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

So there is more than one bid on the table. This has been confirmed by the administrators. They released a statement saying they are carefully combing through each one to ensure it is in the best interests of DCFC in the long term. Therefore surely we won’t be liquidated? It’s just a matter of more waiting around. They have confirmed we have the funds to fulfil the rest of the season  

Do 2 separate people post using your account or something? Some comments state we'll certainly be liquidated, and the next comment we have multiple bidders so surely won't be liquidated! ?

I don't know which version of you is trying to convince the other to be honest!

20 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Isn't the other attractive part about being a phoenix club here that you could start in League 2 (or wherever) with whatever business plan you like, and spend as much money as you like? We could outclass everyone in the division and put on a real spectacle for the fans

Or alternatively - you buy the club out of admin and we'd (almost certainly) be in League 1, with possibly -15 points and definitely a strict curb on any spending plans. We'd be forced to operate at the same level as the rest of the league in terms of wages - and therefore the quality of player we could attract. We'd literally be dragged down to the level of L1 cloggers by the vindictive EFL muppets. 

Which of these scenarios would sound the most attractive to you as a potential buyer/investor, cos I know what I'd pick

33 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

21 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I have to agree with you, people are now taking it as guaranteed that as a phoenix club we will start in League 2, that was just a suggestion,it could be further down the pyramid. The creation of a phoenix club doesn't just happen overnight or even in the space of a few weeks.

I also agree. It is vital we can start planning now as a fan base and footballing community whatever the situation will be, we just need to know. The administrators silence and repeated broken deadlines is worrying especially being so close to the end of the season.