The Administration Thread

Boycie

58 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Why would he? He’s already possibly stumped up some for Gibson?

Yes he’s stumped up for Gibson (too late imho) and he’s been giving us the stadium rent free.

the reason is:  the alternative might be liquidation - because if we are destined for league 1 with -15 it’s quite  possible buyers go elsewhere. And unless he’s had some catastrophic loss of wealth I think he’ll pay what it takes to keep us out of liquidation.

Unfortunately for him that might not be lost on the bidders 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes he’s stumped up for Gibson (too late imho) and he’s been giving us the stadium rent free.

the reason is:  the alternative might be liquidation - because if we are destined for league 1 with -15 it’s quite  possible buyers go elsewhere. And unless he’s had some catastrophic loss of wealth I think he’ll pay what it takes to keep us out of liquidation.

Unfortunately for him that might not be lost on the bidders 

Sure I saw on one of the EFL misery bulletins that there was back rent to pay on the stadium as part of the sale.  I assume that means the new buyer owes Mel about 600k in rent not paid. 

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure I saw on one of the EFL misery bulletins that there was back rent to pay on the stadium as part of the sale.  I assume that means the new buyer owes Mel about 600k in rent not paid. 

Q said he had provided it rent free but maybe there were already amounts overdue which were not forgiven 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Potential purchasers seeking clarity? They’ve submitted bids so surely any clarity would have been seemed before submitting a bid. ??

My guess would be Mike Ashley offering 25p in the pound as long as Mel hands over the stadium for a nominal fee, nowhere near the £20 million he wants ?

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

My guess would be Mike Ashley offering 25p in the pound as long as Mel hands over the stadium for a nominal fee, nowhere near the £20 million he wants ?

Nothing to back this up at all, but I've long wondered if Ashley (or any 'bidder') might want Mel to cover the Administrators' fees - perhaps through a 'discount' on buying the stadium? 

It's one of those: "they are clearing up your mess; so you pay for it' kind of thoughts.

Edited by StarterForTen
Bad typing

So what do people actually want the admins to do? If they're waiting on answers from the bidders, then they can't give a definite timeline for how quickly they respond, it's out of their hands.  The alternate options are:

Just pick a bidder now, and risk it all falls through if there's something in there that's unacceptable to the creditors. Don't forget that Wigan went through 4 preferred bidders before they left admin.  We cannot afford for that to happen to us, or we're dead.

Set a hard deadline for responses and risk missing out on a 'better' bid for the sake of few hours/days. Do you *really* want a bidder announcing in a few days time that he'd been rejected despite putting in a much better offer because their legal team missed a deadline by 3 hours?

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Rooney when talking about the refs this season “No one wants us in the championship, we’ve had our punishment but ultimately the real punishment is for us to go into League 1, or maybe League 2”

Thats a worrying turn of phrase.  Didn't here this bit. Maybe another 15 point deduction is on the cards then. 

Or maybe we won’t have any players left for next season. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Bidders seeking clarity and admin meeting Efl this week. I wonder if the two are connected. Will we get any more penalty points? That is something a potential bidder would need to know surely. 

It's not the bidders seeking clarity, it's the admins seeking clarify *from* the bidders.