The Administration Thread

Boycie

Don’t really buy into the criticism aimed at Ashley if he’s trying to get club a bit cheaper 

we as fans of course just want it bought out and we are biased as we want this sorted of course we do  but there is not one person on here who would not take an oppurtunity to get something cheaper if they could we all would 

this I think is where the problem lies …results on the pitch have dipped and whereas survival looked a possibility a few weeks ago it looks less likely now …this is where we as fans come in …it’s been a difficult slog of a season and we’ve showed fantastic support but I think Rooney and our boys need us more than ever now ….a couple of wins and we’re back in the race and things will change again …

the price has bound to have dipped since the chance of relegation has risen and to blame a potential buyer that he’s trying to maybe get it cheaper is not really a surprise as if it is Ashley this is why he’s a successful businessman and we’d never have been in this mess with him at the helm

You can’t always have it all ways …as much as I’d like someone to buy us for top price that wasn’t going to happen with recent results so let’s get behind the boys with even more vigour although work stops me attending tonight 

if our preferred bidder is Ashley the time to criticise him is when he’s steering the ship not now and it’s not reflective of how he would run the club imo ….if he thinks he can get it cheaper he will and that’s no different to myself and everyone on this forum when buying goods so let’s wait and see what happens 

what is imperative and what we can influence is our chances of a remarkable escape which in turn I think will help the sale 

Wayne Rooney has done a Sterling job and kept spirits up when all has been carnage off of the pitch and for the first time I’m seeing a slightly dejected demeanour and now is the time to really raise the roof ans get behind WR and these young lads and older players like Curtis who have been brilliant …I still think Ashley will end up with our club and how he runs it will be a separate issue but for now let’s get behind the boys with even more tenacity because they need a lift 

COYR

Edited by S8TY

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Plus: Admin fees, MSD loan, Stadium rent
Minus: Transfer instalments paid

The maximum including everything but excluding change to transfer fees due will be £75m.

£20m for the stadium can be pushed down the road if the PB is willing to rent the stadium (I assume at a rate equal to the interest on the loan c£2.3m iirc). Therefore...

Assuming HMRC and Football creditors will be paid in full: £50m
Assuming HMRC are willing to go as low as 25%: £30m

It's this £30m figure which needs to be met to avoid the 15 point deduction next season.

To get everything, you're looking at something like the following breakdown:
MSD - £25m
Transfers - £8.4m (minus what has been paid)
HMRC - £7m
Admins - £5m
Other Football creditors - £2.3m
Other unsecured creditors: £1.6m

The only other thing is the 'soft loan' from Mel - I think I saw it quoted at £140m. Everyone seems to have discounted that as a debt, so I'm guessing that it's unenforceable. 

It's never referred to as 'shares', so I'd love to know how it has been excluded from the figures - has Mel voluntarily written it off?

11 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

A further 3 on top of the 12 if we are not keeping up payments whilst in administration and 15 points if we exit administration without offering 25%.

Ah!  With yer now.  Thanks for that.  Nice one!  ?

*Actually, it not nice... not nice at all!  I don't know how you could be so insensitive!   ?

44 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

God knows how some people would have gone on in pre internet,social media days,all we had was local radio and local/national rags.

Forest, Leeds, Brum and Boro fans would’ve had to have bunked off school to hang around PP instead of trolling our Twitter feeds. 

23 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Don’t really buy into the criticism aimed at Ashley if he’s trying to get club a bit cheaper 

I'm not sure it's criticism as such (not from me anyway), so much as not understanding what his plan is.  He's obviously got no obligation to buy the club, he could walk away and pay nothing, so he must think he can get some kind of value from the club.  It just gets significantly harder to see where that value comes from if we're in League 1, on -15, with no players etc.

And for all the talk earlier in the thread about "hoping the admins get rinsed" by him, I really don't want a new owner that (as his first major decision as new owner) decides to try and fleece a company that the club legally owes money to.

28 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The only other thing is the 'soft loan' from Mel - I think I saw it quoted at £140m. Everyone seems to have discounted that as a debt, so I'm guessing that it's unenforceable. 

It's never referred to as 'shares', so I'd love to know how it has been excluded from the figures - has Mel voluntarily written it off?

Mad Mel’s over spending legacy, he has to write it off, all his mistake. I can get on board with him not wanting to carry on funding the club to some degree but him wanting any money for the stadium club etc  is a disgrace. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And where are these “rules” published other than in a report in “accountancy age”? 

Believe what you want,doesn't bother me if you don't think they exist..

You could always contact the EFL Supporter Services Department for clarification.

Contacting the EFL Supporter Services Department:
To send us a message click here.

Post: Supporter Services Department, EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU
Tel:   01772 325829

Edited by atherstoneram
additional info.