The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not even an update in the Daily Updates thread for 4 days. And consecutive defeats. And war in Europe with nukes being talked about. I have to say things aren't looking their best... 

Likely to be some truth around the Ukraine ‘situation’ and how it affects the purchase of the club. Many high worth individuals will have taken a financial hit, with what’s going on. Does that affect their calculations, what they are prepared to pay or even do they want to buy a football club at this time of high uncertainty? Quite possibly.

Not in the know and hopefully there’ll  be no issue.

Edited by Rammeister
Spellin

The EFL required proof of funding for the remainder of the season by March 1st. If no preferred bidder in place (and an underwriting of the  funding required) then that will mean the Admins seeking additional borrowing/external funding from elsewhere. They did seem to indicate that they had irons in the fire on that from, if required.

So tomorrow's 'deadline' may not be too sinister in once sense, but it does kick the can down the road further and - for me - the critical deadline in all of this is May 20th (or something close to that date, not too sure) when contract renewals have to be agreed before players become free agents. That's about 12 weeks away and the club will only be able to sign players if we are out of administration.

It is that clicking time bomb that I worry about.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Doesn't our extension officially run out today, i.e. if no personal buyer is confirmed then we won't have the funds to see out the season? 

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was a month and there is nothing to state that we have had another extension on top of that one. Therefore, I declare today to be boom or bust Monday. 

Although, with the way things are in Eastern Europe, I could do without both the boom... and bust. 

Today is the deadline. This is a deadline to show proof of funds until the end of the season, although I expect this'll get pushed back again to allow PB complications to be resolved first.

Even if an extension isn't given, we will only be given a 2 week notice of our expulsion from the league. If we get the funds within this period we'll be allowed to continue anyway.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is not a Pop against Wives, There's good, Bad and indifferent from both Husbands and Wives, My Father was a very quiet man, Always kept himself to himself, Never drank but loved his Park Drive and sweets, Mum on the other hand was the vocal of the 2, A tough old bird from Vienna.

I was married for 45 years, 39 years together, It took me a year to get the hang of what wives do, Cooking, Laundry, Putting the quilt in the quilt cover, I'm a master of that art now, I don't peg washing out, That's what a tumble drier is for.

Do I miss not being Married...not on your life, I've chisled a life out for myself that I wouldn't swap for all the roubles in Russia?, Had 4 Lady friends, All of them lovely Women in their own right, But my life is better served being single, Not even arsed about the mating game, I'd sooner have a cheese sandwich.

Enjoy what you have people, Whether married or single life is for living and enjoying.

As Spok would say...Ay up me duck...live long and prosper ?

Just a little caveat here, I spent Saturday in Belper watching Belper town lose 1-2 to Spalding, Had a few beers in the Devonshire, And a few in the Belper clubhouse, A great afternoon was had, My old buddy who lives in Crich who I was with, Had to bail at 5-30pm as his Wife was picking him up, I stayed and made my way home by train and had a couple more beers...yes life is Good ?

Did your mum have the second hand/ antique furniture shop in Belper?

1 minute ago, David Graham Brown said:

Did your mum have the second hand/ antique furniture shop in Belper?

No David, I have no conection to Belper other than the pubs that are there, My mate who I drank with tho did have a shop in Belper that was the Framing Shop, He's now retiered ?

12 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No David, I have no conection to Belper other than the pubs that are there, My mate who I drank with tho did have a shop in Belper that was the Framing Shop, He's now retiered ?

The lady there informed me the famous Ferris wheel in Vienna was made in Britain, and Vienna was where she was born and bred. Small world! Thank you for replying, much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

The lady there informed me the famous Ferris wheel in Vienna was made in Britain, and Vienna was where she was born and bred. Small world! Thank you for replying, much appreciated.

The Ferris wheel is on the Prata, A huge fairground, I've been there a good few times, Vienna as a City is a wonderfull place, If ever you get the opportunity to go...Go! you will not be disappointed.

The Soldier on the left was my Uncle Karl during WW2, He was on the losing side, Another Uncle Herbert Grohs played professional football in the 50s and made 7 apperences for Austria scoring 1 goal against Hungary when Puscas played

image.thumb.png.f8dc4b868121c11b56751fdef7b2c68b.png

17 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Ferris wheel is on the Prata, A huge fairground, I've been there a good few times, Vienna as a City is a wonderfull place, If ever you get the opportunity to go...Go! you will not be disappointed.

The Soldier on the left was my Uncle Karl during WW2, He was on the losing side, Another Uncle Herbert Grohs played professional football in the 50s and made 7 apperences for Austria scoring 1 goal against Hungary when Puscas 

35 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Soldier on the left was my Uncle Karl during WW2, He was on the losing side, Another Uncle Herbert Grohs played professional football in the 50s and made 7 apperences for Austria scoring 1 goal against Hungary when Puscas played

image.thumb.png.f8dc4b868121c11b56751fdef7b2c68b.png

Thank you for sharing part of your family’s history, smart looking chaps, very interesting. My late father In law, was in Popski’s private army, they fought through the length of Italy, and his war finished in Klagenfurt Austria, a country he always wanted to visit again, but could never persuade my late mother in law to go. Our daughter in law is from the Czech Republic, from Blansko near the Czech Austrian border, when we visit again it will be on our itinerary to visit.

19 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Do you seriously expect a blow by blow account of what happens in the timeline ?  Social media and all the expectstions it brings has a lot to answer for. I belong to a generstion that got ghd news after it was all sorted. How can yoh possibly say that Q have been doing nothing , why would they publicise what they were doing to all and sundry ?  What right do we have to know exactly what is happening minute by minute in transactions we are not part of .....thats not how it works .

no wignall.

i expect the admins to give us an update when a deadline that THEY set passes and you hear nothing but silence. especially when a deadline set by the EFL is coming up and we all know they could run out of patience.

i dont demand minute by minute, i demand clarity when they cause confusion and anxiety.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

The EFL required proof of funding for the remainder of the season by March 1st. If no preferred bidder in place (and an underwriting of the  funding required) then that will mean the Admins seeking additional borrowing/external funding from elsewhere. They did seem to indicate that they had irons in the fire on that from, if required.

So tomorrow's 'deadline' may not be too sinister in once sense, but it does kick the can down the road further and - for me - the critical deadline in all of this is May 20th (or something close to that date, not too sure) when contract renewals have to be agreed before players become free agents. That's about 12 weeks away and the club will only be able to sign players if we are out of administration.

It is that clicking time bomb that I worry about.

let us be honest, the admins went all in by setting the deadline for the bidders to submit bids. i honestly fear the worst and nobody has put the money up.

if we still have no pb going forward then kicking the can down the road isnt going to solve anything apart from making the club even more expensive to buy.

7 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

Thank you for sharing part of your family’s history, smart looking chaps, very interesting. My late father In law, was in Popski’s private army, they fought through the length of Italy, and his war finished in Klagenfurt Austria, a country he always wanted to visit again, but could never persuade my late mother in law to go. Our daughter in law is from the Czech Republic, from Blansko near the Czech Austrian border, when we visit again it will be on our itinerary to visit.

Wow this is crazy, I went to an 80th birthday in Blansko on one of my visits some 20/25 years ago, It was my Sister who is Austrian Boyfriends Grandmas Birthday It was as hot as hell, Then went to the Ladys house in the village and down to their cellar to fetch some wine, It was damn cold how mad is that, Yes just over the border, The Czech border guards kept us at the border for over 30minutes looking for contraban(tobacco)