The Administration Thread

Boycie

30 minutes ago, Crewton said:

What we get here is mostly supplied from Dublin - the Park Royal brewery closed in 2005. If it doesn't taste right, it's because the pub doesn't clean its lines regularly. Clean lines, regular turnover, the basic principles of a good pint of anything. 

I know it’s said not to travel well but the stuff here tastes nothing like it does in Ireland ... 

Just listened to the whole Chris Coles/Hosking interview. Excellent work by CC and Hosking lost quite some of his former composure. 

Key points I heard:

- confirmed again that Gibbo has been the real issue  But Hoskin’s position is it’s  Gibbo plus EFl (in common with many on here)

- seems that there is a ‘fix’ to the Wycombe issue, Hoskin clearly does not see that as a block to takeover  Pretty clear he’s had strong legal advice that the claim (not yet made) is garbage. His advice re Gibbo was clearly less definitive 

- Hosking put it beyond doubt that MM is not meddling. He ended up describing this as ‘fantasy land’

- HMRC not expected to be a problem. Some interesting comments about their position 

- CC went for the jugular on : “why didn’t you see how problematic the Gibbo claim would be”. Also tested H on the EFl position on football creditors. Hoskin was pretty defensive.  He lost the plot on the EFl point where he sort of accused the EFL of accusing him of lying and then hilariously stated that because he is an officer of the court he’s not allowed to lie !! 

Hoskin has a habit of over promising and again he painted a very rosy picture despite some uncertainties. Hopefully we’re in the final straight 

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It might be bloody-minded of me, but if Quantuma have (finally) been allowed to name a PB - after the EFL & Boro blocked it for 2 months, IMHO in a calculated fashion, and caused squad decimation and the prospect of liquidation, I'd be minded to decline the EFL bustards.

I hope the fan groups demand a prompt approval of the PB. And an apology.

The EFL fudged and farted their way along the transfer window, on strings manipulated by Gibson, until the damage was done and last-ditch interventions via MPs etc were required.

Maybe the EFL are now conscious of the attention that will turn upon themselves and they want to 'make friends' with fan groups perceived to be capable of wielding influence over the DCFC fanbase. No anti-EFL petitions, please, look how we solved it for you!

Parry & Co can burn in hell.

Hopefully this ( the Gibbo accord plus the political pressure ) will see the EFL on the back foot, taking a more conciliatory stance. On the assumption that we can come out of Admin satisfactorily perhaps we can hope there will be no more points deductions. ? That’s how it should be …. But I don’t trust them one little bit

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Just listened to the whole Chris Coles/Hosking interview. Excellent work by CC and Hosking lost quite some of his former composure. 

Key points I heard:

- confirmed again that Gibbo has been the real issue  But Hoskin’s position is it’s  Gibbo plus EFl (in common with many on here)

- seems that there is a ‘fix’ to the Wycombe issue, Hoskin clearly does not see that as a block to takeover  Pretty clear he’s had strong legal advice that the claim (not yet made) is garbage. His advice re Gibbo was clearly less definitive 

- Hosking put it beyond doubt that MM is not meddling. He ended up describing this as ‘fantasy land’

- HMRC not expected to be a problem. Some interesting comments about their position 

- CC went for the jugular on : “why didn’t you see how problematic the Gibbo claim would be”. Also tested H on the EFl position on football creditors. Hoskin was pretty defensive.  He lost the plot on the EFl point where he sort of accused the EFL of accusing him of lying and then hilariously stated that because he is an officer of the court he’s not allowed to lie !! 

Hoskin has a habit of over promising and again he painted a very rosy picture despite some uncertainties. Hopefully we’re in the final straight 

On underestimating the Gibbo claim  he implied he hadn't  anticipated the EFL meddling in insolvency law. And when asked by CC whether he was angry with the EFL, he waflled. So that's a yes.

But yes you are right the general theme was that it's Gibbo and the EFL who are to blame for the delay , as in my view they are blame for  much of our problems, along of course historically with Mel.

Anyone else feel the WW claim is being brushed under the carpet a little too easily?

I get their doesn’t seem to be a claim proposed by them but when we go to the EFL to have the new bidders proposed, are they not going to say the same thing as a few weeks ago? No ruling is made on whether they are/are not a football creditor and it needs resolving.

So unless either 1) MM is sitting down with WW this week or 2) new owners are happy to take it to arbitration I’m genuinely interested to know why it’s being dismissed so easily? 

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Anyone else feel the WW claim is being brushed under the carpet a little too easily?

I get their doesn’t seem to be a claim proposed by them but when we go to the EFL to have the new bidders proposed, are they not going to say the same thing as a few weeks ago? No ruling is made on whether they are/are not a football creditor and it needs resolving.

So unless either 1) MM is sitting down with WW this week or 2) new owners are happy to take it to arbitration I’m genuinely interested to know why it’s being dismissed so easily? 

Because there hasn't been a claim.

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

But that would mean that the season ends early and we would stay up on a points per game basis.

Nooooo.

The EFL would use our points after the deduction, not points before deduction, and we'd be relegated.

We'd then claim it was unfair, other clubs would threaten to sue us, and a new battle with the EFL would ensue, like a forever recurring nightmare!

16 minutes ago, rammieib said:

It isn't even a claim yet, just a twinkle in Couhig's eye. Mel said that can be dealt with in a similar way to Gibson claim, if it is needed.Plus it's a  smaller and even more dodgy claim. SO I think buyers will not be bothered by it.. and may have indicated as much.

7 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

It might be bloody-minded of me, but if Quantuma have (finally) been allowed to name a PB - after the EFL & Boro blocked it for 2 months, IMHO in a calculated fashion, and caused squad decimation and the prospect of liquidation, I'd be minded to decline the EFL bustards.

I hope the fan groups demand a prompt approval of the PB. And an apology.

The EFL fudged and farted their way along the transfer window, on strings manipulated by Gibson, until the damage was done and last-ditch interventions via MPs etc were required.

Maybe the EFL are now conscious of the attention that will turn upon themselves and they want to 'make friends' with fan groups perceived to be capable of wielding influence over the DCFC fanbase. No anti-EFL petitions, please, look how we solved it for you!

Parry & Co can burn in hell.

I wish. But, I don’t think the fan groups can actually “demand” anything, that must be up to the administrators, and any sort of apology would be something quite hollow like “everyone regrets how long this is taking to be resolved blah blah blah”

Well it dragged on just long enough for administrators to get paid nicely, us to lose players for peanuts, Gibson to maximise our suffering. 

But now it seems close to everyone including Mel to actually allowing us to exist

I'm struggling to say th... tha... tha..nk.. yo

Nah, I'll try again when we rebuild the club brick by brick

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I know it’s said not to travel well but the stuff here tastes nothing like it does in Ireland ... 

It travels fine if it's kept and served properly. The Toucan Bar in Soho serves a pint as good as you'll get anywhere. It can be just as variable in Ireland, but one of the things that keep it consistent is Guinness operate their own quality service technicians over there who go round ensuring Guinness lines are cleaned properly. 

Even with that, some bars serve better Guinness than others, but it all comes from the same place there too since the Belfast brewery closed in 2004. That stuff was "thinner" than the Dublin product as I recall.