The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mike Ashley would be the absolute dream.

If we stop up he would back a promotion push next season.

Ashley would be a perfect fit both for him, having local connections to the area and the club.

Nights like tonight surley he must be watching thinking "I want to be part of that".

28 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Does anyone actually know why Middlesbrough are called Boro when it is clearly not ?

Because spelling and English Language have never been on the school curriculum for the poor children of Middlesbrough as you might see if you visit some of their forums.. 

My take is pretty much the same as most on here. If I were watching that tonight not only would I want to keep the players but the coaching team as well.

I would be going all out to get this over the line asap. 

I'm sure Mel has had the advice and is willing to carry responsibility knowing full well both will drop the claims as they are likely to be counter sued due to their absolute trash claim.

If they turn down the high court he knows he has them where he wants them.

Cmon Mel. Go for the fuking kill. We are absolutely desperate and WR, the staff and players deserve an end to this complete baalocks

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Could Ashley fork up the money for this rumoured insurance policy as part of the buy deal, if all quant are worried about is the financial side of it that’s surely a viable option. 

How much is the premium? I saw a figure of £2.5 million? 

50 000 Rams chipping in £50 each ?

Superb result and performance last night, one advantage of not having to integrate new players into the team, is a settled side bar injuries and red cards , Mr Stearman.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

How much is the premium? I saw a figure of £2.5 million? 

50 000 Rams chipping in £50 each ?

Superb result and performance last night, one advantage of not having to integrate new players into the team, is a settled side bar injuries and red cards , Mr Stearman.

It is apparently a lot more than that and therefore really not an option.

Interesting response from an e-mail to the EFL:-

"While recognising this remains a challenging time for everyone connected to the Club, the EFL’s statement (issued on Thursday 3 February here) reiterates the EFL’s request for relevant and associated parties to enter formal collaborative negotiations to actively seek out the compromises and solutions. This also includes continuing transparent dialogue with politicians and engagement with Derby Supporters’ Groups.

As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL has not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process. The EFL cannot unilaterally decide if the claims should be dismissed, that is why under the terms of the EFL’s Articles of Association and Insolvency policy we are working with parties involved, and continuing to encourage them to seek to progress this matter independently, via commercial agreement, arbitration or the courts.

While not the only solution, when there are disputes between Clubs, there is an arbitration mechanism as set out in our Regulations which is independent and objective, consisting of lawyers and judges, appointed to settle disputes in a fair manner. Clearly nobody wants disputes between Clubs but they will occasionally arise, be over transfer fees or player medicals for example, and the mechanism in the rules means they can be resolved independently of the League.

As the statement clarifies, the EFL has reiterated this position to Quantuma, so as to enable them to apply to the High Court or engage in Arbitration to have that issue determined. It is now for the Administrators to determine how they wish to move this matter forward and we remain willing to expedite any process, as necessary.  

Again we do understand that this is a concerning time for Derby supporters, and the EFL will endeavour to provide updates on any progress achieved as a result of this request and any subsequent discussions in due course."

2 main points from this:-

The EFL are NOT classing the Boro and WW as football debts

Quantuma are in a position to the apply to the High Court

Both of these seem to go against what some fans have been assuming over the past week or so.

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

It is apparently a lot more than that and therefore really not an option.

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mike Ashley would be the absolute dream.

If we stop up he would back a promotion push next season.

If, Will he want WR?, We need a year of stability 1st, Ashley coming in will stabalise DCFC, Get the finances in order, Have a sit down with whoever he chooses as Manager, Ask him what he needs, MA will then tell him what he has and work with that.

For as much as these players have dug deep to get within touching distance of the greatest escape of all time, A new Manager will asses who he keeps, Who he sells, Who he gives a contract too, How many players 7-8-9 new players?, It takes time to develope a team.

We can dream I guess ?

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not an option when 8,000 fans just disappeared last night in our time of need.They probably watched it on telly , but that doesn’t help DCFC. I think we have a lot of Commadore fans - Once , twice , three times a season.?. Mike Ashley will be looking and realise he is not going to sell 20,000 shirts to Rams fans.

That's a bit unfair to those fans who came to the Birmingham game. Lots incidentally from other clubs but many Derby fans who travelled the length of the country (and further!) to get there. Can't necessarily do the same for a midweek fixture.

I appreciate anyone extra who turns up at a time when money is tight for many. There were a row of eight in front of me last night who weren't regulars. Made lots of noise and really enjoyed themselves. I hope they'll be back when they can.

The DCCT initiative will make a visible increase in numbers for the Peterborough game - the first one for which it applies- and hopefully for the rest of the season.

I think we're doing a good job when you look around other grounds in the division. 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interesting response from an e-mail to the EFL:-

"While recognising this remains a challenging time for everyone connected to the Club, the EFL’s statement (issued on Thursday 3 February here) reiterates the EFL’s request for relevant and associated parties to enter formal collaborative negotiations to actively seek out the compromises and solutions. This also includes continuing transparent dialogue with politicians and engagement with Derby Supporters’ Groups.

As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL has not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process. The EFL cannot unilaterally decide if the claims should be dismissed, that is why under the terms of the EFL’s Articles of Association and Insolvency policy we are working with parties involved, and continuing to encourage them to seek to progress this matter independently, via commercial agreement, arbitration or the courts.

While not the only solution, when there are disputes between Clubs, there is an arbitration mechanism as set out in our Regulations which is independent and objective, consisting of lawyers and judges, appointed to settle disputes in a fair manner. Clearly nobody wants disputes between Clubs but they will occasionally arise, be over transfer fees or player medicals for example, and the mechanism in the rules means they can be resolved independently of the League.

As the statement clarifies, the EFL has reiterated this position to Quantuma, so as to enable them to apply to the High Court or engage in Arbitration to have that issue determined. It is now for the Administrators to determine how they wish to move this matter forward and we remain willing to expedite any process, as necessary.  

Again we do understand that this is a concerning time for Derby supporters, and the EFL will endeavour to provide updates on any progress achieved as a result of this request and any subsequent discussions in due course."

Both of these seem to go against what some fans have been assuming over the past week or so.

Both good points but also and very importantly the arbitration mechanism they speak of (the bit in bold) is surely regarding charges brought by themselves the EFL as clearly their rules state that member clubs cannot independently pursue one another.

This really needs clarifying by the EFL as they appear to be disregarding their own rules to suit themselves in their desperation for Boro not to sue them.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's a bit unfair to those fans who came to the Birmingham game. Lots incidentally from other clubs but many Derby fans who travelled the length of the country (and further!) to get there. Can't necessarily do the same for a midweek fixture.

I appreciate anyone extra who turns up at a time when money is tight for many. There were a row of eight in front of me last night who weren't regulars. Made lots of noise and really enjoyed themselves. I hope they'll be back when they can.

The DCCT initiative will make a visible increase in numbers for the Peterborough game - the first one for which it applies- and hopefully for the rest of the season.

I think we're doing a good job when you look around other grounds in the division. 

Sorry, probably a bit harsh. But I know too many fans who love a free ticket but won’t stump up themselves.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

...As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL has not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process...

So as supposed the claims are not debts, but cannot be ignored ie they might become debts and then would be football debts.

But this says that the Admin can go to the High Court? How and why aren't they?