The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Absolutely bizarre that the EFL have said they should be defended as football debts without even seeing the cases.

Does anyone actually believe any of the tripe that they come out with?

Give him a break, they "haven't even seen the claims"!?!?

Does Rick think there is some huge smoking gun that no one yet knows about? Or has he been told there is one, but doesn't know what it is yet?  Or is he totally incompetent/having a breakdown? Joke of a man.

40 minutes ago, enachops said:

Why are we discussing the Play Off final on this thread?!

Concern for me is if Ashley has pulled out, how much financial muscle do the Binnies and Appleby groups have? If Appleby is struggling to raise the money for the takeover it doesn’t bode well for our long term prospects! The Binnies are unknown in regards their wealth. Ashley has the funds, he’s just a tight arse. I’m kind of hoping he’s still in the running. 

Went astray a bit, think we need a bit of light relief on this thread sometimes, though you might not class losing 3 at wembley as light relief.?

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Give him a break, they "haven't even seen the claims"!?!?

Does Rick think there is some huge smoking gun that no one yet knows about? Or has he been told there is one, but doesn't know what it is yet?  Or is he totally incompetent/having a breakdown? Joke of a man.

Agree, as originally they were lodged against the EFL, so he/they must have seen them at that juncture. Bloke makes it up. 

In the meantime, a team with 8k supporters playing in this league, have two players up top that cost 34 million pounds plus another that cost 15 million in midfield. More than enough to save us with plenty left.  Add 5 loans in as well. 

Derby BOOOOOOooooo. Cheats........ Unfair advantage.........  Put them in the conference .. Liquidate.....

Feck off.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

In the meantime, a team with 8k supporters playing in this league, have two players up top that cost 34 million pounds plus another that cost 15 million in midfield. More than enough to save us with plenty left.  Add 5 loans in as well. 

Derby BOOOOOOooooo. Cheats........ Unfair advantage.........  Put them in the conference .. Liquidate.....

Feck off.

I'd assume such a team would defeat all that cross their path, and wouldn't get beaten at home by a non-league side, right?

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not sure it was ever clarified, but I’ve always understood that as take us to court if you want to challenge the football creditors ruling, or just go through arbitration if you want the claims deciding. I don’t think they were offering to let us have the claims themselves decided in court.

That's my understanding, too. They are willing to let the court consider: 'Is the EFL entitled to have rules stating that it can kick out a club that fails to respect 'football debts', or in this case 'football claims' - ie claims that would become 'football debts' if substantiated at an EFL hearing? Can it do this even though it basically means treating these claims differently to how claims like this are treated by law?' And the court might say they are fine to do that: this is a members' club which can have whatever membership rules they want. In which case the company (Derby County) could still push ahead with a sale and ignore the claims (as per law), but the EFL could then kick them out (for breaching EFL rules). As long as that is the case, no one is going to buy the club. 

It might be worth seeking a ruling on that, but we might well lose. In any case, the issue we really need settled is: 'Do these specific claims have any merit and are Middlesbrough and/or Wycombe owed any damages?'

I don't think the EFL were offering to have that heard in court. They like to keep such things house. 

To which I would say: okay EFL, but these are unique circumstances. Derby's very existence is as stake and if Morris is willing to take the financial risk if the matter is heard in court, then why not? Doesn't it give everyone what they want, while also (crucially) actually giving Derby some chance or survival? Isn't it putting the potential financial burden where you want it to be (on the reckless former owner) and not on the stricken club? If the EFL is serious about being flexible and 'pragmatic', if it is serious about wanting to save Derby, and if Middlesbrough and Wycombe don't want to kill the club either - they should agree. 

If M&W refuse because 'these things are usually dealt with in house' - not good enough. We will all suspect they basically mean 'It is easier for us to control the process and keep squeezing until you burst'.

The EFL needs to put very public pressure on them to accept this as the 'pragmatic' solution everyone claims to want. 

Edited by vonwright