The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is ducking outrageous. I hope this has sealed the EFL's death warrant!

Parry and the EFL possibly feel that Mel's intervention is their get out of jail card, hopefully after this is all over and the full inquiry is completed then a few of them will see jail time.

Ridsdale must be spitting feathers for his 5th attempt too ruin a club will end up in failure, how the duck can he be fit and proper with his track record, if recarnation exists, could be a failed arsonist only my opinion lol

An honourable gesture from Mel. And despite my fury about the state he's left the club in, he's gone up in my estimations.

My hunch is that the parasites will not take him up on his offer & instead lobby their EFL puppet to set up the kangaroo court they so desperately crave. Gibson might put ego first & see Mel at the High Court but the other one certainly not. Irrespective of their position & in light of his statement, I fully expect Mel to sue the EFL & I wish him the best of luck dragging this repulsive organisation through the proper legal channels.

The only concern I have is with HMRC. If they see that the previous owner is willing to open himself up to personal liability, they may ask why would they settle for 25p in the pound rather than playing hardball for a much larger sum. After all a deal is never agreed with HMRC until the CVA is finalised.

This offer from Mel demands a formal response from the EFL puppets this weekend & then for Quantuma to show some urgency and name their preferred bidder in the next 7 days. We deserve prompt clarity & then closure of this mess.

53 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Loads of posturing from both sides, it’s a ‘my willy is bigger than your willy’ thing. 

Oh come on!  You know the old wives tales!

It's between 6 footer bald Mel, with his size 11 cowboy boots, and 5'4" Curly Sue, and her size 5 kitten heels.

Who the hell do you think wins!   

Boro and Wycombe won't take the bait, their claims are against Derby, not Morris. 

What Morris needs to do is promise to cover the costs associated with any court case brought against the club, because there's no way Boro and Wycombe will go after him personally. 

Just strikes me as more PR, with Morris desperately trying to regain some favour in a city which quite rightly should kick him to the kerb.

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

And so it begins . .. delay, find a get out clause, 

if I’d rather they leave it to Mel and Gibson to resolve in court

The EFL are waiting to see if Gibson can find his own way out of this without looking like a tw** before they commit to providing a “get out of jail free” card for him.

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Loads of posturing from both sides, it’s a ‘my willy is bigger than your willy’ thing. Most important message I take from this (which should reassure us all) is that there are players in this debacle that have the gift to save us from liquidation and this latest development indicates to me that they will not let this happen despite all the negative noise. 

49 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Mel’s slapped his on the table and broke it in half.

I almost hate to ask, but I simply have to know... Please tell me it was the table that broke in half!  ?