The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I would suspect it's someone trying to be clever, in case the worst happens.

Not so clever that we don't know where he lives, so can have a friendly chat if we're passing that way.

The administrators either liquidate Derby or take the EFL to court. It's already obvious no one will buy the club with the extra risk if these claims. It's progress even if it is bad news.

If they'd said the opposite we'd probably have a preferred bidder announced tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yes, it costs next to nothing to start a company up and it looks to be what's happened here. A quick search for the bloke who set it up shows him to be an employee for a small banking firm based out of Swindon. 

Complete with contact information including direct mobile and email. 

https://www.handelsbanken.com/en/

I wouldn’t say they’re small.

2 minutes ago, vonwright said:

A bank manager and secretary of the Chippenham and District Sunday League. So on the one hand I don't think he's going to save the club, but on the other his apparent phoenix club has a DIRECT ROUTE IN TO THE FOOTBALL PYRAMID http://cdsfl.co.uk/2021/05/want-to-join-the-cdsfl/

E I E I E I O

Up the Chippenham and District League we go! 

I’ve said it before and will say it again. Regardless of what happens to DCFC the EFL have dug their own grave. Independent regulator here we come. 

EFL not fit for purpose. Ridsdale appointed by them straight after coming out of a 7 year directorship ban. Says it all.  

Something that hasn't been hit on is this....we are one of 72 EFL clubs 3 of which are involved in this shambolic mess

But what about the other 69 clubs ?

Why have not one of those clubs come out and backed us up as it could be them next!

A bit of unity from a few chairman/ owners of other Football League Clubs might help as both Parasite chairman are dragging our wonderful game through the dirt

Football is never and should never be about who you can sue , make claims against and arbitration 

Money is tight for all clubs we have just been in a worldwide crisis yet parasites want to claim against us based on fantasy

We did not receive covid payments that other clubs received but this seems to not get a mention either

I know if another club was being picked on and clearly bullied into paying spurious claims for something that might've happened I'd like to think our club would support the victims as its just not right or ethical so why have no clubs backed us or made a comment ?

I would pay both of the parasites leaching onto our clubs future          Nothing!!!! Zero!!! Zilch!!! 

If its a battle ...us or the EFL which it appears to be we need support from other members not silence....this could well be our last ever season because we are being portrayed as villains and the biased BBC putting out statements like they have tonight are not helping....I genuinely fear we are doomed unless Morris himself does something out of the ordinary.....so don't hold your breath ?

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Your point is very good and I can see where you are coming from. If you look, I was answering quite a few points in a short period of time and doing it quickly off the top of my head. I was conscious that my responses should be understandable but short and simple. If it is Boro who have to establish the claim and I think you are right on that, then they would have great difficulty in proving it beyond reasonable doubt. So I agree with you.

However we are still left with balance of probabilities and I still think that we will win quite easily with that threshold because there are so many conundrums that can be raised around those issues. We could talk all night of arguments that might be raised around the fantasy football argument and how on earth do you arrive at judgements based on fantasy?

I'll quickly just throw one conundrum in because it's getting late. Gibson seems very irked that Mel Morris gazumped him to sign Waghorn and that seems to suggest he will argue that if Boro had signed him they would have finished above Derby. How do you come to decide on that? Who knows how Waghorn would have done at Boro and would he he have performed as a negative or positive benefit for them? Equally if we had not signed Waghorn, who would we have signed? The answer is "we'll never know (WNK)." Then ask how would WNK have performed for Derby. Because WNK who he was then WNK how well he would have done. We could go on and on with puzzles like that. So how is a court going to decide on them? And could we really expect a court to be able to find on the conundrums? I hope not.

I think we'll be okay in defending the claims because they are simply based on fantasy. A court has to decide on facts.

I thought Waghorn was WNK.

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The bank itself isn't but the branch guy works at has under 20 people working there, plus he seems to be middle management in that particular branch. I wouldn't like to guess his wage, but his role is listed on 'glassdoor' 

image.png.12723284ea494f6142c24d2268a1746c.png

They don’t have many people working at their branches. If someone is using them to bank with they usually have a decent amount of money. They’re old school banking where you have a dedicated account manager who you can call.

It is possible that this guy has been asked to set up a company by his bosses for a client to keep them anonymous and it will be transferred over when required.  

16 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Something that hasn't been hit on is this....we are one of 72 EFL clubs 3 of which are involved in this shambolic mess

But what about the other 69 clubs ?

Why have not one of those clubs come out and backed us up as it could be them next!

A bit of unity from a few chairman/ owners of other Football League Clubs might help as both Parasite chairman are dragging our wonderful game through the dirt

Football is never and should never be about who you can sue , make claims against and arbitration 

Money is tight for all clubs we have just been in a worldwide crisis yet parasites want to claim against us based on fantasy

We did not receive covid payments that other clubs received but this seems to not get a mention either

I know if another club was being picked on and clearly bullied into paying spurious claims for something that might've happened I'd like to think our club would support the victims as its just not right or ethical so why have no clubs backed us or made a comment ?

I would pay both of the parasites leaching onto our clubs future          Nothing!!!! Zero!!! Zilch!!! 

If its a battle ...us or the EFL which it appears to be we need support from other members not silence....this could well be our last ever season because we are being portrayed as villains and the biased BBC putting out statements like they have tonight are not helping....I genuinely fear we are doomed unless Morris himself does something out of the ordinary.....so don't hold your breath ?

Maybe someone on here can arrange a meeting with mel and see if can get him to pay up because this is what needed even if at old office at pp.